Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 13, 2020, 08:06:06 PM
Home Home Help Calendar Login Register
News:

Please support BullpupForum.com sponsors!!
. . . Midwest Industries . . . BullpupArmory.com . . . Shooting Sight . . . BullpupUnlimited.com . . . Homeland Guns . . . . . . . . . . . . Desert Tech . . . GallowayPrecision.com . . . K & M Arms . . . . . . Geissele Automatics
+  BULLPUP FORUM
|-+  Bullpup Rifles (Auto & Semi-Auto Centerfire)
| |-+  IWI TAVOR
| | |-+  IWI Tavor SAR & X-95
| | | |-+  Switchback Charging Handle
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Print
Author Topic: Switchback Charging Handle  (Read 37679 times)
Bluegizmo83

« on: November 01, 2015, 03:49:35 PM »

Has anyone else noticed that sometime recently the folding Switchback Charging Handle has been added to the ManticoreArms website?! It's "out of stock" at the moment, but since it was just received added I assume we will be able to buy it soon! Can't wait!
TNC
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2015, 04:19:07 PM »

...or Gearhead's CH version that may be coming shortly.  I have a Manticore Switchback on my AUG, the biggest one, and absolutely love it.  The AUG just about demanded an improved CH for my personally...and many others apparently.  The Tavor isn't so bad, but I'm leaning toward a longer one for mine that folds up.
BullpupT
Bullpup Fanatic

AF&AM 02

« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2015, 09:53:12 AM »

Yup... looks like they are selling it with the entire rod assembly, not just the lever. Looks like a killa set up for those of us running extended forearms, whether from MI or Manticore.

This product looks very promising. I wish they didn't make a little hump at the end of the handle though. You can see in on the folded handle picture. A slant cut without the hump would of worked much faster, much like H&K's handle. It looks hard to access when folded... it would be and easy grab without the hump built in.

It looks like they put it there so it wouldn't snag on stuff. I don't think the hump is needed because the handle is already super low profile when folded as it is.

I might modify mine when they become available... I will just grind of the little hump and refinish it.
dawg180
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2015, 12:34:39 PM »

Yup... looks like they are selling it with the entire rod assembly, not just the lever. Looks like a killa set up for those of us running extended forearms, whether from MI or Manticore.

This product looks very promising. I wish they didn't make a little hump at the end of the handle though. You can see in on the folded handle picture. A slant cut without the hump would of worked much faster, much like H&K's handle. It looks hard to access when folded... it would be and easy grab without the hump built in.

It looks like they put it there so it wouldn't snag on stuff. I don't think the hump is needed because the handle is already super low profile when folded as it is.

I might modify mine when they become available... I will just grind of the little hump and refinish it.

The little hump at the end keeps your fingers from slipping off when wet, greasy, or sweaty.  Trust me, it is there from experience in development of the AUG Switchback and LOTS of testing.  Wink

I did a lot of prototyping and testing on this product, and in the end it was much better to make an entirely new inner rod assembly to make it both lower profile externally and easier for the end user to install.

The placeholder is on the web store and they will be up for sale in about 2 weeks- they will be ready a bit before then, but I will be on a business trip, and we will final assembly and pass my QC and QA approval and then start shipping.  Smiley

Sven
Manticore Arms
BakerBug

« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2015, 01:19:07 PM »

TFB just posted this:

http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2015/11/02/tavor-switchback-charging-handle/?utm_source=rss&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=rss
BullpupT
Bullpup Fanatic

AF&AM 02

« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2015, 03:38:30 PM »

The little hump at the end keeps your fingers from slipping off when wet, greasy, or sweaty.  Trust me, it is there from experience in development of the AUG Switchback and LOTS of testing.  Wink

I did a lot of prototyping and testing on this product, and in the end it was much better to make an entirely new inner rod assembly to make it both lower profile externally and easier for the end user to install.

The placeholder is on the web store and they will be up for sale in about 2 weeks- they will be ready a bit before then, but I will be on a business trip, and we will final assembly and pass my QC and QA approval and then start shipping.  Smiley

Sven
Manticore Arms

Ok Sven... I will give it a try before I do any modifications.

I would of put the hump a quarter of an inch inside the lever... not at the very end. This way there is an open ledge for your fingers to grab on to. The HK series 91 and 93 both have a little lip/ledge so you can snag it quickly. This design kinda reminds me of Gearheads design only longer... quick access to the lever seems blocked in both designs. I want to be able to slide my hand under the lever without needing to "pinch" it open first.

I will reserve most of my criticism until I actually use the product  Wink. Who knows, it might be lightning fast already.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2015, 03:50:46 PM by BullpupT » Logged
dawg180
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2015, 03:42:19 PM »

These should be up for sale around November 17th when I get back from my trip.

Oh, and don't worry, we will have hundreds in stock on launch day. Grin

Sven
Manticore Arms
dawg180
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #7 on: November 17, 2015, 03:22:05 PM »

Just waiting for the parts to come back from anodizing and these bad boy swill be in stock and up for sale on the website.   Grin

Sven
Manticore Arms
creepy neville

creepy neville

« Reply #8 on: November 17, 2015, 11:46:04 PM »

Is that little 'hump' gonna work with the extended hand guard - or just with the stock length?
dawg180
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #9 on: November 18, 2015, 06:37:48 PM »

Is that little 'hump' gonna work with the extended hand guard - or just with the stock length?

It works fine with the extended handguards
creepy neville

creepy neville

« Reply #10 on: November 18, 2015, 11:13:23 PM »

Cool - bring it on Sven!
dawg180
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #11 on: November 19, 2015, 11:27:46 AM »

Cool - bring it on Sven!

Just waiting for them to come back from anodizing!  Smiley

Sven

poodle shooter

« Reply #12 on: November 19, 2015, 02:10:15 PM »

Cool - bring it on Sven!

Sven

Will this charging handle work ok on the stock configuration front end?

www.gtr5.org
dawg180
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #13 on: November 19, 2015, 05:28:42 PM »

Cool - bring it on Sven!

Sven

Will this charging handle work ok on the stock configuration front end?

Yes, this charging handle will work with the OEM and all aftermarket forends currently offered for the Tavor.
BullpupT
Bullpup Fanatic

AF&AM 02

« Reply #14 on: November 20, 2015, 02:30:15 PM »

Well... its past the 17th. How come I cant add it to my cart Grin
dawg180
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #15 on: November 20, 2015, 11:21:07 PM »

Well... its past the 17th. How come I cant add it to my cart Grin

As I said 3 posts up, just waiting on parts to come back from anodizing.  Wink

Sven
Manticore Arms
Guardian_Tavor

« Reply #16 on: November 21, 2015, 12:11:21 PM »

Sven,

Any word on how the dual purchase will work? Do I need to just buy two?
fordstev

« Reply #17 on: November 22, 2015, 08:58:37 PM »

The manual isn't very clear and I have not found the need to disassemble the cocking group.  What are the steps needed to install the switchback other than removing the forearm group?
dawg180
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #18 on: November 23, 2015, 12:10:13 AM »

The manual isn't very clear and I have not found the need to disassemble the cocking group.  What are the steps needed to install the switchback other than removing the forearm group?

You knock the pin out that holds the plastsic handle on the metal lug/rod assembly, remove the forend from the rifle, and then the metal lug/rod assembly can be taken out from the inside of the upper handguard.

Tavor Switchback uses basically the same procedure- put the Switchback outer handle through the charging handle slot, mount the Switchback  inner lug/rod to the charging handle with two included screws, and install upper handguard with charging handle on it back on gun.

Sven
Manticore Arms
dawg180
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #19 on: November 23, 2015, 12:13:05 AM »

Sven,

Any word on how the dual purchase will work? Do I need to just buy two?

Yes, if you want to run two handles you will buy two handles.  You remove the picaitnny rail that covers the unused charging handle slot.  You will need to either drill a hole in the plastic filler piece that blocks off the unused charging handle hole in front of the gas block,  or just remove it altogether. 

The handles each have their own rod and are non-reciprocating just like the OEM charging handle, so when you pull back on one of the charging handles the other one will stay locked forward in the stowed position. 

Sven
Manticore Arms
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Print 
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length