Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 25, 2017, 05:26:45 AM
Home Home Help Calendar Login Register
News:

Please support BullpupForum.com sponsors!!
. . . Midwest Industries . . . BullpupArmory.com . . . Shooting Sight . . . BullpupUnlimited.com . . . Homeland Guns . . . . . . . . . . . . AB Arms . . . GallowayPrecision.com . . . K & M Arms . . . . . . Geissele Automatics
+  BULLPUP FORUM
|-+  Bullpup Shotguns
| |-+  Kel-Tec KSG (Moderator: Ronmar)
| | |-+  My first KSG part!.....The Beast available now!
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: My first KSG part!.....The Beast available now!  (Read 19654 times)
yamadog35
^

« Reply #20 on: November 20, 2015, 11:44:56 PM »

So get ready to buy one for yourself for Christmas!

I just bought two cans and wrote checks for two stamps so why not put one more part under the tree  Grin
Gear Head
^
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #21 on: November 21, 2015, 01:11:57 PM »

So get ready to buy one for yourself for Christmas!

I just bought two cans and wrote checks for two stamps so why not put one more part under the tree  Grin

That's the spirit! I just paid for another stamp myself.

The second Amendment is the last line of defense for the 1st.

Gear Head Works' products are leading the way in innovative designs. Click the globe icon below my Avatar to visit www.gearheadworks.com
RABIDFOX

« Reply #22 on: December 07, 2015, 10:29:04 AM »

Will this work with the Mesa Tactical replacement rail? No shotshell side saddles, just the rail. Looks like the new rail overhangs in the front a little bit more than the factory rail.

P.S. Can not wait to order this!   Grin
Gear Head
^
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #23 on: December 12, 2015, 01:43:14 PM »

Will this work with the Mesa Tactical replacement rail? No shotshell side saddles, just the rail. Looks like the new rail overhangs in the front a little bit more than the factory rail.

P.S. Can not wait to order this!   Grin

I don't know honestly. I've never handled a Mesa rail. It is designed with the factory rail and our Razorback rail (not yet released).

These are almost done being machined and will head to anodizing next week. I will strongly recommend the use of the choke adapter with this. I will have a limited supply of choke adapters in stock when the Beast muzzle extension becomes available. But you may want to go ahead and start shopping for one.

Absolutely DO NOT use a muzzle brake with this! It will direct all the gas directly up to the underside of the top and cause blast wear and direct gases in different direction.

Gear Head Works' products are leading the way in innovative designs. Click the globe icon below my Avatar to visit www.gearheadworks.com
yamadog35
^

« Reply #24 on: December 12, 2015, 02:35:23 PM »

Eagerly waiting for this.  I have the KelTec choke adapter on mine now and I have a Salvo in jail.  This will make it look awesome.
Gear Head
^
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #25 on: December 14, 2015, 03:44:28 PM »

Eagerly waiting for this.  I have the KelTec choke adapter on mine now and I have a Salvo in jail.  This will make it look awesome.

They are heading to anodizing this week.

yamadog35
^

« Reply #26 on: January 09, 2016, 06:18:56 PM »

Any ETA on this?  I want to have my KSG dressed up by the time my Salvo comes out of jail  Grin
Gear Head
^
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #27 on: January 10, 2016, 04:20:11 PM »

I got my samples in from anodizing this week. They looked great and they are being run now. I expect to have them waiting on me when I get back from SHOT.

Gear Head
^
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #28 on: January 13, 2016, 02:14:32 PM »

Pricing finalized and updated in the original post. These will start shipping after SHOT. If you will be at the show come by booth 561 and check it out in person.

Only $99!

Gear Head
^
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #29 on: January 29, 2016, 11:26:24 PM »

The Beast muzzle device is now shipping. Order on the web store.

Installation video to follow asap.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2016, 11:41:40 PM by Gear Head » Logged

zorro2032
^

« Reply #30 on: January 30, 2016, 04:10:29 PM »

So I had a question with regards to the Salvo 12 and the "KSG" adapter that Silencerco makes.  As I understand it the Silencerco adapter replaces the locking nut just as the Kel-Tec choke adapter does.  The Silencerco adapter allows you to mount the Salvo directly to the KSG without the Kel-Tec choke adapter.  My question is will there be enough room to mount the Salvo with the Beast installed if I use the Silencerco adapter or do I have to use the Kel-Tec choke adapter? 

Thanks
Gear Head
^
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #31 on: January 31, 2016, 10:38:30 PM »

So I had a question with regards to the Salvo 12 and the "KSG" adapter that Silencerco makes.  As I understand it the Silencerco adapter replaces the locking nut just as the Kel-Tec choke adapter does.  The Silencerco adapter allows you to mount the Salvo directly to the KSG without the Kel-Tec choke adapter.  My question is will there be enough room to mount the Salvo with the Beast installed if I use the Silencerco adapter or do I have to use the Kel-Tec choke adapter? 

Thanks

It will NOT work with the Silencerco Salvo/KSG adapter. You must use the Kel-Tec choke adapter. When I developed this the Silenecerco adapter wasn't available yet. Their adapter is too short.

Gear Head
^
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #32 on: February 03, 2016, 09:49:07 PM »

Install video

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/ak4CV6JArMU?hl=en_US&amp;amp;version=3&amp;amp;rel=0" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/v/ak4CV6JArMU?hl=en_US&amp;amp;version=3&amp;amp;rel=0</a>

yamadog35
^

« Reply #33 on: February 05, 2016, 11:19:12 AM »

My Beast arrived yesterday.  Looks great and I will hopefully install this weekend.  Thanks for the video!
My only disappointment is the fact that will lose my mount for the short side rail where I mount a light.  I didn't think about that when considering buying the product. 

Gear Head
^
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #34 on: February 05, 2016, 04:45:56 PM »

My Beast arrived yesterday.  Looks great and I will hopefully install this weekend.  Thanks for the video!
My only disappointment is the fact that will lose my mount for the short side rail where I mount a light.  I didn't think about that when considering buying the product. 

Remember the Beast muzzle device has a M-lok slot on the side that would position a rail just slightly more forward that the rail you show here.

-JD-
^

« Reply #35 on: February 08, 2016, 11:02:47 AM »

Do you know if there are any interference issues with the Mesa Tactical rails?
Gear Head
^
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #36 on: February 09, 2016, 12:11:11 AM »

Do you know if there are any interference issues with the Mesa Tactical rails?

I do not know. I haven't ever seen in person one of their rails that I can remember. If someone can post some close up detailed pictures of how that rail attaches in the front, I may be able to give a best guess. Or if somebody wants to send me a rail to test, I would. Obviously I would return it to them.

-JD-
^

« Reply #37 on: June 14, 2016, 04:14:09 PM »

Well,   I got my beast in yesterday and took some time to mount it up.

First of all this is a great product - Kudos, Paul!!!!!

Second, there is a very slight interference/contact with the Mesa rail between the rear shoulder of the beast and the compound angles of the rail shroud assembly. The result is a slight divot on the rail shroud with some finish marring.  Arguably, this contact point further stabilizes the rail.

Mine is a Gen 1 KSG and an early Mesa rail.  Sorry for the blurry pics.  My old shop camera was having a terrible time with the lighting.

* BeastWithMesaRail-1.JPG (59.31 KB, 640x480 - viewed 208 times.)

* BeastWithMesaRail-2.JPG (62.94 KB, 640x480 - viewed 222 times.)
« Last Edit: June 14, 2016, 04:15:56 PM by -JD- » Logged
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length