Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 20, 2017, 10:26:02 AM
Home Home Help Calendar Login Register
News:

Please support BullpupForum.com sponsors!!
. . . Midwest Industries . . . BullpupArmory.com . . . Shooting Sight . . . BullpupUnlimited.com . . . Homeland Guns . . . . . . . . . . . . AB Arms . . . GallowayPrecision.com . . . K & M Arms . . . . . . Geissele Automatics
+  BULLPUP FORUM
|-+  Bullpup Shotguns
| |-+  Kel-Tec KSG (Moderator: Ronmar)
| | |-+  My first KSG part!.....The Beast available now!
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: My first KSG part!.....The Beast available now!  (Read 17683 times)
Gear Head
^
Bullpup Fanatic

« on: September 18, 2015, 11:52:21 PM »

Now shipping cheer leader

So I've had a KSG for a while but haven't had much time to spend with it unfortunately. Then I had this idea. You see, I've got a Salvo 12 suppressor and I'm sure you all have seen how, between the choke adapter and silencer choke, there is a big gap left between them. The other issue I had is there was no front QD sling swivel. You can add the QD take down pin but that only worked with a single point sling.

So after many different concepts I ended up with this as my first prototype and what I think will be nearly identical to the final product.

So here is the full scoop. Is acts as a stand off device, pain compliance device, give you M-lok slots for mounting a hand stop, light etc to it, Gives you a front QD sling swivel (great combo with the QD take down pin) and hides your choke adapter so your KSG doesn't look like it has a stubby.... you know, barrel. Plus it looks great with a Salvo 12 suppressor because it closes up the gap! All that for only $99!

Enough talk. Here is pictures.

Here it is assembled with the parts you would remove from the factory piece before installing on the barrel.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/ak4CV6JArMU?hl=en_US&amp;amp;version=3&amp;amp;rel=0" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/v/ak4CV6JArMU?hl=en_US&amp;amp;version=3&amp;amp;rel=0</a>
« Last Edit: February 03, 2016, 09:48:49 PM by Gear Head » Logged

The second Amendment is the last line of defense for the 1st.

Gear Head Works' products are leading the way in innovative designs. Click the globe icon below my Avatar to visit www.gearheadworks.com
Sgt_P
Administrator
Bullpup Fanatic

SEMPER FIDELIS

« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2015, 11:04:25 AM »

Outstanding GHW!!

How's it attached (barrel nut)?

Does it have to be removed to get to the mag tube nuts?

"Retreat, hell we just got here!" 
Capt L Williams, USMC, WWI (Belleau Wood)
Gear Head
^
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2015, 07:00:25 PM »

Outstanding GHW!!

How's it attached (barrel nut)?

Does it have to be removed to get to the mag tube nuts?

It's a replacement for the factory barrel support piece. So you would transfer your mag tube nuts over to it and install it using the barrel nut.

Gear Head Works' products are leading the way in innovative designs. Click the globe icon below my Avatar to visit www.gearheadworks.com
DT5000
^

« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2015, 08:49:38 PM »

Now that is freaking cool.
BullpupT
Bullpup Fanatic

AF&AM 02

« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2015, 09:14:29 AM »

Very attractive and intricate machining going on there. It looks wicked cool!
Doodi1
^

« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2015, 05:30:43 PM »

Does it work with any of the existing KSG comps?
Gear Head
^
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2015, 09:33:15 PM »

I have only tried it with the Keltec choke adapter. You probably wouldn't want to use a comp or brake with it since it would cover the port holes.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Doodi1
^

« Reply #7 on: September 25, 2015, 12:09:47 PM »

I have only tried it with the Keltec choke adapter. You probably wouldn't want to use a comp or brake with it since it would cover the port holes.

Thank you for the response. Ok Thanks. Maybe you can offer a Compensator that works with this adapter. Smiley
Gear Head
^
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #8 on: September 25, 2015, 02:05:22 PM »

Thank you for the response. Ok Thanks. Maybe you can offer a Compensator that works with this adapter. Smiley

I think the easiest thing to do would be to get a compensated choke that fits the regular choke adapter. This actually opens you up to more options than something that is KSG specific. But I won't rule it out for myself either.

-JD-
^

« Reply #9 on: September 29, 2015, 06:02:31 PM »

Yea, probably one of these too. Grin   Combined shipping with the TFCH?
Gear Head
^
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #10 on: October 10, 2015, 05:57:25 AM »

Ok so I've been tossing around ideas on what to call this. It just came to me today and I'm liking it pretty good so far. How about "The Beast"?

According to the Urban dictionary...

A person or thing that looks tough, ripped, cut, or has an intimidating presence.

RABIDFOX

« Reply #11 on: October 30, 2015, 09:51:38 PM »

Shut up and take my money!

That thing is awesome! So when can we buy it? I just got a new Gen3 KSG.  Grin
Gear Head
^
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #12 on: October 30, 2015, 10:17:02 PM »

Shut up and take my money!

That thing is awesome! So when can we buy it? I just got a new Gen3 KSG.  Grin

These hopefully will be available at the end of November. I have one more thing to check with them for compatibility but I've already got them on the production schedule.

RABIDFOX

« Reply #13 on: October 31, 2015, 09:48:08 AM »

Very cool! Can't wait.

What plate carrier are you using in the first pic?
Gear Head
^
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #14 on: November 01, 2015, 04:40:48 PM »

Very cool! Can't wait.

What plate carrier are you using in the first pic?

That isn't me actually. That guy brought all his own gear to the photo shoot and I do not know what it was.

eduarprmd

« Reply #15 on: November 02, 2015, 12:47:50 AM »

What is the weight of "The Beast"?
Gear Head
^
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #16 on: November 03, 2015, 02:08:29 AM »

What is the weight of "The Beast"?

I haven't actually weighed it yet. I'll have to check. Of course the added weight will be less than the actual part weight because you will be replacing the factory barrel support with this.

Ok I pulled up my model to simulate the weight. I do not have a loose part right now to weigh but my software is usually spot on. It weighs 4.2 oz by itself. I estimate the added weight to the gun would be about 2.5 oz by the time you remove the factory part it replaces.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2015, 03:20:19 AM by Gear Head » Logged

eduarprmd

« Reply #17 on: November 03, 2015, 08:23:42 AM »

Thanks
yamadog35
^

« Reply #18 on: November 19, 2015, 07:54:35 PM »

Please come back here and let us know when they are ready to buy.  I have a Salvo in jail, but want to go ahead and get your piece so my KSG is ready for the can.
Gear Head
^
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #19 on: November 20, 2015, 03:50:55 PM »

I just tested the final prototype a few minutes ago. I already had them on the production schedule because I was 99.9% sure it was perfect but didn't want to risk shipping bad product. But I was right, it works perfectly and machining starts next week! I should have them done and anodized before the end of the year. So get ready to buy one for yourself for Christmas!

Pages: [1] 2 Print 
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length