Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 18, 2017, 01:04:24 AM
Home Home Help Calendar Login Register
News:

Please support BullpupForum.com sponsors!!
. . . Midwest Industries . . . BullpupArmory.com . . . Shooting Sight . . . BullpupUnlimited.com . . . Homeland Guns . . . . . . . . . . . . AB Arms . . . GallowayPrecision.com . . . K & M Arms . . . . . . Geissele Automatics
+  BULLPUP FORUM
|-+  Precision/Long Range Bullpups (Heavy Calibers)
| |-+  Desert Tactical Arms SRS, SRS Covert, HTI
| | |-+  Hunting with the SRS?
Pages: 1 2 [3] Print
Author Topic: Hunting with the SRS?  (Read 38714 times)
coldboremiracle

« Reply #40 on: September 28, 2017, 01:10:27 PM »

I will begin my hunting trips this fall with the SRS. I read this thread and really look forward to it. Its been ages since I hunted with a rifle. I have been bow hunting in recent years.

New scope is in and mounted. Rounds are made up. I hope to post success in 2 weeks.
Me too, cant wait to get into it!

The first shot, is worth all the rest.

Follow me on FB, IG, YT

I work for Desert Tech, happy to help wherever I can.
Mr__Coffee

« Reply #41 on: November 06, 2017, 12:07:53 PM »

1 Mule deer doe. Was not a bountiful harvest but I look forward to some deer meat for a change. 100 yards moving left to right. Also I think I will be a lot stronger hunting with the SRS. walked about 15 miles in 3 days and I was SORE. Mine currently weighs 18 pounds.
Drdoug
New Posting Member

« Reply #42 on: November 08, 2017, 07:59:34 AM »

I had purchased my SRS a1 covert for hunting off my mountain bike due to its short overall length.  Hiked in for this moose hunt though and downed a nice 3 point bull second morning of the season at 218 yards.
In 338 LM for this trip.

* IMG_2593.jpg (5212.77 KB, 4032x3024 - viewed 73 times.)

* IMG_2580.jpg (3407.09 KB, 4032x3024 - viewed 81 times.)
readr1
^

« Reply #43 on: November 12, 2017, 12:17:58 AM »

That's an eardrum popper right there, I tried a full length 29" .338 on mine once then immediately put a suppressor on it. I can't imagine what that sounds like in a blind.
Drdoug
New Posting Member

« Reply #44 on: November 17, 2017, 03:09:06 AM »

Yeah the bull almost moved out of my sight window because I took the time to put earplugs in.
The muzzle blast shredded part of the blind pretty good  Roll Eyes
PJT
New Posting Member

« Reply #45 on: November 21, 2017, 10:51:25 AM »

Hi, nice reading of your recent hunting forays, just got a DTS Covert in .308, had it on a couple of stalks with some success. I'd been looking at the DTS for a while, wanting a "shorter rifle" because where we stalk a longer rifle knocks the pleasure off it a bit, always having to change carrying position to prevent barrell fouling grass and mud mounds. I'm glad I eventually managed to buy one, starting to enjoy the stalk a bit more know. Getting the first deer (Roe deer - small compared to your elk, but still tasty) gave a real feeling of satisfaction. Ranges are usually only 100 to 250m tops where we stalk, its woodland, but a lot of the trees have recently been harvested so ranges have gone out a bit shooting over clearfell. just got to get a bit more time on the range to be fully comfortable with it.

Would appreciate a bit of feedback from other DTS owners on a couple of issues, but thats for another post.

Happy Hunting!

Phil
Pages: 1 2 [3] Print 
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length