Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 25, 2019, 09:50:32 AM
Home Home Help Calendar Login Register
News:

Please support BullpupForum.com sponsors!!
. . . Midwest Industries . . . BullpupArmory.com . . . Shooting Sight . . . BullpupUnlimited.com . . . Homeland Guns . . . . . . . . . . . . AB Arms . . . GallowayPrecision.com . . . K & M Arms . . . . . . Geissele Automatics
+  BULLPUP FORUM
|-+  Precision/Long Range Bullpups (Heavy Calibers)
| |-+  Desert Tactical Arms SRS, SRS Covert, HTI
| | |-+  Hunting with the SRS?
Pages: [1] 2 3 Print
Author Topic: Hunting with the SRS?  (Read 75922 times)
coldboremiracle

« on: August 31, 2015, 01:23:31 PM »

Im sure I cant be the only one who hunts with the SRS, how many of you other guys hunt? And what do you use?

The first shot, is worth all the rest.

Follow me on FB, IG, YT
Gear Head
^
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2015, 09:20:37 PM »

Nice! I bought mine with intentions of hunting. But life has prevented me from going the last several years. Sad

The second Amendment is the last line of defense for the 1st.

Gear Head Works' products are leading the way in innovative designs. Click the globe icon below my Avatar to visit www.gearheadworks.com
coldboremiracle

« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2015, 11:52:26 AM »

Thats a shame, I LOVE hunting with mine:

Took this little fella at 1,006yds with my .260 barrel:

And this guy at 500yds even with my covert .308 barrel:

Follow me on FB, IG, YT
BullpupT
Bullpup Fanatic

AF&AM 02

« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2015, 12:33:15 PM »

Great photos man thanks for sharing them. Now I need an SRS.. Thanks a lot  Wink

That 1000 yard shot with the .260 barrel is amazing!

I wish they weren't so damn expensive but I guess that's the price for perfections.
coldboremiracle

« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2015, 12:54:16 PM »

Thanks, these rifles are worth every penny. If you want to see the shot BullpupT, it can be seen in this video:      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z2XraIkTFpc

Follow me on FB, IG, YT
BullpupT
Bullpup Fanatic

AF&AM 02

« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2015, 02:44:26 PM »

Thanks, these rifles are worth every penny. If you want to see the shot BullpupT, it can be seen in this video:      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z2XraIkTFpc

Frigging AWESOME!!!  Killa shot man, you gotz some skillz!

I have always wanted on in .308 mainly due to ammo availability. I haven't reloaded rifle cartridges in years. I might just have to give that 260 a try and start reloading again. Are there a lot of 260 ammo manufacturers out there, or is it a handload only affair?
« Last Edit: September 01, 2015, 02:47:42 PM by BullpupT » Logged
coldboremiracle

« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2015, 03:20:18 PM »

There are those that load .260, but nothing like the support for .308. Another option would be the 6.5Creed. Hornady has a fairly steady production of match ammo for them, and DT makes conversion kits in that caliber. And they are ballistic equals.

Follow me on FB, IG, YT
Gear Head
^
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #7 on: September 02, 2015, 02:19:47 AM »

I also have a 26" 260 barrel and 16" 308 barrel. I love the flat shooting 260/6.5. I agree that there isn't enough difference between the 6.5 Creedmore and the 260 Remington to matter. I had been loading a 260 Ackley before I got the DT so I stuck with 260.

That sure is beautiful country you are in!

Gear Head Works' products are leading the way in innovative designs. Click the globe icon below my Avatar to visit www.gearheadworks.com
coldboremiracle

« Reply #8 on: September 02, 2015, 10:34:49 AM »

Inded it is, very beautiful country. It can turn ugly fast too though.

Follow me on FB, IG, YT
Tvfreakarms
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #9 on: September 07, 2015, 06:33:55 PM »

If I could afford it

2 by 2...hands of blue

coldboremiracle

« Reply #10 on: September 10, 2015, 10:05:36 AM »

Found another one:

Follow me on FB, IG, YT
waveslayer
^

« Reply #11 on: September 25, 2015, 05:02:12 AM »

349 yards. with 24" 6.5 SAUM

360 yards

BullpupT
Bullpup Fanatic

AF&AM 02

« Reply #12 on: September 25, 2015, 08:23:54 AM »

Talk about pin point accuracy! Now you have me thinking about selling a few guns to get one SRS. I love everything about it, from its looks to its performance.
waveslayer
^

« Reply #13 on: September 25, 2015, 08:30:46 AM »

Talk about pin point accuracy! Now you have me thinking about selling a few guns to get one SRS. I love everything about it, from its looks to its performance.
best decision I have ever made! seriously.  I love mine. I now have it in 6.5 Creemoor, 6.5 SAUM and .338 Norma magnum AI.

Gear Head
^
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #14 on: September 25, 2015, 09:38:01 AM »

best decision I have ever made! seriously.  I love mine. I now have it in 6.5 Creemoor, 6.5 SAUM and .338 Norma magnum AI.

Did SAC do your 6.5 SAUM? I lost some velocity going from my Stiller Tac 30 in 260 Ackley to the SRS in 260 Remington. The SAUM would certainly push much faster.

waveslayer
^

« Reply #15 on: September 25, 2015, 10:16:40 AM »

Did SAC do your 6.5 SAUM? I lost some velocity going from my Stiller Tac 30 in 260 Ackley to the SRS in 260 Remington. The SAUM would certainly push much faster.
no sir, Sin City precision made my barrel. I am getting 3310 out of it with 63 grains of H1000, 130 VLD's. I dropped it to 61.3 grains and get 3185 to keep pressure down for when it is over 93 I was getting a sticky bolt.  SAUM all the way!
Gear Head
^
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #16 on: September 25, 2015, 10:22:17 AM »

no sir, Sin City precision made my barrel. I am getting 3310 out of it with 63 grains of H1000, 130 VLD's. I dropped it to 61.3 grains and get 3185 to keep pressure down for when it is over 93 I was getting a sticky bolt.  SAUM all the way!

That's definitely faster! I already have the magnum bolt for my 50 wildcat so all I would need is the barrel.  Roll Eyes

waveslayer
^

« Reply #17 on: September 25, 2015, 10:28:29 AM »

That's definitely faster! I already have the magnum bolt for my 50 wildcat so all I would need is the barrel.  Roll Eyes
get the barrel! I know SAC will make one, I'm not willing to pay his asking price so I would go with Sin City. PM if you need his info.  it takes a "in" to get it going, but I can hook a brotha up. what length would you get?
Gear Head
^
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #18 on: September 25, 2015, 11:07:48 AM »

get the barrel! I know SAC will make one, I'm not willing to pay his asking price so I would go with Sin City. PM if you need his info.  it takes a "in" to get it going, but I can hook a brotha up. what length would you get?
At least 26". With that much powder capacity the length can add some good velocity. What's yours?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

waveslayer
^

« Reply #19 on: September 25, 2015, 11:19:59 AM »

At least 26". With that much powder capacity the length can add some good velocity. What's yours?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
good old 24. I might go 24 again for my Can.. 26 just adds that much whip to it. but not sure yet...
Pages: [1] 2 3 Print 
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length