Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 10, 2018, 01:53:28 PM
Home Home Help Calendar Login Register
News:

Please support BullpupForum.com sponsors!!
. . . Midwest Industries . . . BullpupArmory.com . . . Shooting Sight . . . BullpupUnlimited.com . . . Homeland Guns . . . . . . . . . . . . AB Arms . . . GallowayPrecision.com . . . K & M Arms . . . . . . Geissele Automatics
+  BULLPUP FORUM
|-+  Precision/Long Range Bullpups (Heavy Calibers)
| |-+  Desert Tactical Arms SRS, SRS Covert, HTI
| | |-+  .223 SRS Conversion Kit
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: .223 SRS Conversion Kit  (Read 4894 times)
coldboremiracle

« on: August 28, 2015, 12:53:00 PM »

Im sure some of you have seen this already, but for those who havent; a .223 conversion kit for the SRS

The best option so far for varmint hunting and cheap plinking.

More about it here for those intersted:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eZXN7yuj3sM

Enjoy

* 223 1.jpg (265.11 KB, 1024x765 - viewed 494 times.)

The first shot, is worth all the rest.

Follow me on FB, IG, YT
Gear Head
^
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2015, 12:54:08 AM »

I knew it was in development a while back. But I didn't see the need for it. Yes it's cheaper and less recoil than a larger round like 22/243. But You can do a whole 223 bolt gun for much less than a conversion for a DT SRS.

The second Amendment is the last line of defense for the 1st.

Gear Head Works' products are leading the way in innovative designs. Click the globe icon below my Avatar to visit www.gearheadworks.com
coldboremiracle

« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2015, 08:43:38 PM »

I knew it was in development a while back. But I didn't see the need for it. Yes it's cheaper and less recoil than a larger round like 22/243. But You can do a whole 223 bolt gun for much less than a conversion for a DT SRS.

Sure you can, just like you can build several other guns for less than the price of an SRS. But thats not the point is it? People who choose the SRS do so because of its ability to eliminate the need for 1,2, or 10 other rifles. You have one gun, one platform, one trigger, one scope (huge savings), and your familiarity with all these singular aspects can keep your skills concentrated. I have a very nice custom 700 in .223, but it sits in the safe with all the rest, (common story for SRS owners). And sure I could do a 22-243, or a 22-250, but who wants to spend 1400$ for a barrel that only lasts 1000 rnds?

Follow me on FB, IG, YT
Gear Head
^
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2015, 12:44:26 AM »

Yes that is true. I have 3 barrels for my SRS currently. It is a heavy gun for shooting something as light as .223 but to each their own. It would make for inexpensive shooting compared to other calibers.

While a .223 barrel lasts longer, the whole point of the high velocity .22's isn't barrel life. It's long range trajectory. I push a 55 gr bullet at about 3800 fps out of my 22-250 Ackley. I use moly bullets and haven't noticed any notable accuracy degredation yet. But I don't shoot 1000 rounds out of bolt guns very often.

What kind of magazine or magazine modification did you have to make to feed right?

Gear Head Works' products are leading the way in innovative designs. Click the globe icon below my Avatar to visit www.gearheadworks.com
coldboremiracle

« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2015, 10:22:57 AM »

This is a custom and complete conversion kit from Short Action Customs, it is completely turn key. Installs and operates just like any other kit.

Follow me on FB, IG, YT
Gear Head
^
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2015, 01:12:29 PM »

Does it eject reliably? I know DT was having problems with a 22-250 conversion and discontinued it because of that reason.

coldboremiracle

« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2015, 01:26:41 PM »

The whole story is here, give it a watch:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eZXN7yuj3sM

Follow me on FB, IG, YT
Farmerbrown32
New Posting Member

« Reply #7 on: November 28, 2018, 08:13:18 PM »

Yep, i need me one of these conversion kits, if anyone has one for sale please let me know!
whiskey91lima

« Reply #8 on: November 30, 2018, 02:59:04 PM »

Yes that is true. I have 3 barrels for my SRS currently. It is a heavy gun for shooting something as light as .223 but to each their own. It would make for inexpensive shooting compared to other calibers.

While a .223 barrel lasts longer, the whole point of the high velocity .22's isn't barrel life. It's long range trajectory. I push a 55 gr bullet at about 3800 fps out of my 22-250 Ackley. I use moly bullets and haven't noticed any notable accuracy degredation yet. But I don't shoot 1000 rounds out of bolt guns very often.

What kind of magazine or magazine modification did you have to make to feed right?

Honestly, .224 Valkyrie would beore interesting than .223 for the SRS.

Can confirm, the SRS is very heavy. Even hot loaded .308 doesn't wear on your shoulder.
Farmerbrown32
New Posting Member

« Reply #9 on: November 30, 2018, 03:53:05 PM »

Ive got a 22-250ai barrel for my dt that kicks the crap outta a 224V already. Just wanting the 223 for cheap plinkin and shooting pdogs with instead of burning my coyote hunting barrel out.
Pages: [1] Print 
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length