Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 14, 2018, 06:58:34 AM
Home Home Help Calendar Login Register
News:

Please support BullpupForum.com sponsors!!
. . . Midwest Industries . . . BullpupArmory.com . . . Shooting Sight . . . BullpupUnlimited.com . . . Homeland Guns . . . . . . . . . . . . AB Arms . . . GallowayPrecision.com . . . K & M Arms . . . . . . Geissele Automatics
+  BULLPUP FORUM
|-+  Bullpup Rifles (Auto & Semi-Auto Centerfire)
| |-+  IWI TAVOR
| | |-+  IWI Tavor SAR & X-95
| | | |-+  Introducing the Tavor FLEx Forward. The forward assist for your hammer!
Pages: [1] 2 3 Print
Author Topic: Introducing the Tavor FLEx Forward. The forward assist for your hammer!  (Read 23858 times)
Gear Head
^
Bullpup Fanatic

« on: July 14, 2015, 07:16:24 PM »

Nobody knows this but the original FLEx swivel had a forward assist designed into it. It's even in the patent. But I dropped it for several reasons before I released it. But now since Gear Head has grown, thanks to you guys and gals, and after many requests for some kind of forward assist it's back. It uses the tried and trued familiar AR15 assist guts in a Tavor specific housing. It does require the bolt carrier to be machined as you see in the last picture. This obviously will void your warranty. It still seals off the surrounding gaps left by the factory port cover to prevent Tavor Face. This is still a prototype but I couldn't keep it under wraps any longer since this build is nearly complete.

So as many of you have already seen the first picture here that was leaked out early, here are some more. This is not your every day Tavor as you can tell. This is a full custom Mandalorian finish by Michael at Blowndeadline in Michigan. This is what Boba Fett would carry if he had a centerfire rifle.

The standard FLEx Forward will just have a type III hardcoat anodized finish like it's brother. It would also have a standard AR15 button instead of the titanium one you see here.

This isn't a disscussion on whether or not you would use a forward assist on your rifles. That has already been started on this thread;
http://bullpupforum.com/index.php?topic=8416.0
 so continue that there. This thread of for this part.

So pricing depends on a couple of things. One of the biggest variables is how to handle the carrier machining. I can machine your carrier and return it to you but it will take much longer and cost much more. Or I can have you "exchange" your carrier for one that has already been machined and refinished ahead of time. This allows for batch machining and refinishing which drastically reduces costs and lead times. No pricing has been set yet.

« Last Edit: July 14, 2015, 08:01:25 PM by Gear Head » Logged

The second Amendment is the last line of defense for the 1st.

Gear Head Works' products are leading the way in innovative designs. Click the globe icon below my Avatar to visit www.gearheadworks.com
Pikeman

« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2015, 07:23:11 PM »

how are people going to save up money for trigger packs if you keep coming up with stuff like this. Keep this up and the economy may start to recover ad they will want to put an end to that.

B16 Tavor ,Fd18 Tavor ,SRS 338 Lapua & 308, Bullpup unlimited 870 , CBRS Saiga12,  CBRS Draco 47
Gear Head
^
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2015, 07:27:21 PM »

how are people going to save up money for trigger packs if you keep coming up with stuff like this. Keep this up and the economy may start to recover ad they will want to put an end to that.

Well I'm doing my part for the recovery effort!

Gear Head Works' products are leading the way in innovative designs. Click the globe icon below my Avatar to visit www.gearheadworks.com
larryz

« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2015, 07:57:38 PM »

~$$$?
Gear Head
^
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2015, 08:01:50 PM »

~$$$?

I added to the original post more info on this so it would be seen by everyone easier.

TNC
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2015, 09:19:26 PM »

Elegantly simple...clever.  Barring prices approaching the national debt, I'm in.  It would be nice for all three of my bullpups to have FA.  Kel-Tec and Steyr got that function right.
e-money

« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2015, 09:28:09 PM »

Will you be machining both sides to remain ambi ready? Or just offer a lefty or righty option only?

Looks awesome!
repo

« Reply #7 on: July 14, 2015, 09:33:00 PM »

Cool, Thank you Gearhead for being on top of modding and producing parts for the tavor modders out there. 

I have only one question.. Does the button get stuck in your ear while shooting? or are they in completely different places? investigate jawdrop
Gear Head
^
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #8 on: July 14, 2015, 09:48:34 PM »

I plan on only offering one side machining since people usually have their gun set up for one or the other permanently.

Your ear would be above the stock's comb. At least the way I shoot it does.... This prototype does just barely touch my chin if I move my head forward more than normal. But I've already revised the design to be farther forward, and closer in,  on the rifle.

poodle shooter

« Reply #9 on: July 15, 2015, 01:42:58 AM »

Can I be the first on the waiting list?  Grin

www.gtr5.org
Apache
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #10 on: July 15, 2015, 09:14:49 AM »

Too cool ... Evil

Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum
Sine Missione
BullpupT
Bullpup Fanatic

AF&AM 02

« Reply #11 on: July 15, 2015, 11:39:59 AM »

Awesome Gearhead! Looks to be a killer design. It looks factory.
Rabies

« Reply #12 on: July 15, 2015, 05:56:26 PM »

That is gorgeous! It is getting hard for me to not have a tavor.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2015, 10:03:30 PM by Rabies » Logged
Dizzy82

« Reply #13 on: July 15, 2015, 06:36:07 PM »

Love the color scheme on that Tavor, looks like something straight out of Warhammer or Quake. Shocked

FS2000
SCAR-17
FiveseveN IOM
Desert Eagle MKI .357Mag
Beretta 21A
SPAS-12
HK FABARM FP6
Kevlar

« Reply #14 on: July 15, 2015, 09:21:28 PM »

Very cool!
Gear Head
^
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #15 on: July 15, 2015, 09:39:54 PM »

Can I be the first on the waiting list?  Grin

No waiting list yet but I'll announce it here when it happens.

larryz

« Reply #16 on: July 15, 2015, 09:55:58 PM »

~$$$?

I added to the original post more info on this so it would be seen by everyone easier.
Check!
BullpupT
Bullpup Fanatic

AF&AM 02

« Reply #17 on: July 16, 2015, 08:03:22 AM »

It definitely has the Mandalorian look to it. Looks like Bobba Fetts would of owned that bullpup. A lot of folks don't know what planet Mandalor is or where it came from. Knights of the Old Repulblic from Star Wars.

I am thinking of doing mine in a bluish hue to match Jango Fetts costume with the same level of "wear" built into the finish. Dark Blue/Black/Silver are the colors. I am not totally sure I am going to do it but if do I will have Blowndeadline do it.

Awesome!
logan5
^

« Reply #18 on: July 16, 2015, 10:48:01 AM »

~$$$?

I guess I'd be willing to spend the money, seeing as how the tavor really takes the place of two platforms ... Carbine and SBR
PattonWasRight

« Reply #19 on: July 16, 2015, 01:16:33 PM »

Nice, simple solution.

A couple of questions ...
1) the only machining are the crescent cuts, correct?
2) what depth are the cuts relative to the thickness of the bolt carrier metal?

Thanks

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Just Your Average Jewish Redneck.
Pages: [1] 2 3 Print 
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length