Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
January 21, 2019, 11:37:17 AM
Home Home Help Calendar Login Register
News:

Please support BullpupForum.com sponsors!!
. . . Midwest Industries . . . BullpupArmory.com . . . Shooting Sight . . . BullpupUnlimited.com . . . Homeland Guns . . . . . . . . . . . . AB Arms . . . GallowayPrecision.com . . . K & M Arms . . . . . . Geissele Automatics
+  BULLPUP FORUM
|-+  Precision/Long Range Bullpups (Heavy Calibers)
| |-+  Desert Tactical Arms SRS, SRS Covert, HTI
| | |-+  What can I expect to pay for a SRS?
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: What can I expect to pay for a SRS?  (Read 5274 times)
nsl

« on: June 24, 2015, 05:20:26 AM »

Was thinking of a 20" 300 WinMag or 6.5 Creedmore.
BullpupT
Bullpup Fanatic

AF&AM 02

« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2015, 10:53:18 AM »

Around 5k when all is said and done with a decent scope. The rifle itself is around 3,700 and you will need a pretty decent scope to take advantage of the 300 winnys power and the SRS's accuracy potential. You can get a decent scope from Vortex, Leupold, or other good brands for around 1200-3500

Here is a link to there pricing.
http://deserttech.com/guns.html
« Last Edit: June 24, 2015, 10:56:28 AM by BullpupT » Logged
lafrance
^

« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2015, 02:53:40 PM »

The $3700 price is for chassis ONLY.  Conversion kits are $1600 to $2000.  You might find a used one in the $3500 to $4000 range.  Then add a scope $1500 to $3500.
BullpupT
Bullpup Fanatic

AF&AM 02

« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2015, 05:24:47 PM »

I should of read the description better... I didn't realize the chassis was the only thing you get for 3700...  I was at a shop the other day and saw a used 308 for $4800. I thought the price was high, it was a consignment piece so I chalked it up to a overzealous seller. The price he had listed makes a lot more sense now. Thanks for the info...
Gear Head
^
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2015, 08:46:02 PM »

I shopped around for one for a long time and finally got one off gunbroker. It was the best price I could find anywhere. I did manage to get in right at the end of their free hard case promotion so that helped me take the pain a little better.

I got a SRS Covert in 260. I picked up a 16" 308 barrel used on a good deal later and have built a 50 caliber wildcat barrel too. I moved my Vortex Viper FFP 6-24 MOA to it from the 260 it replaced.

The second Amendment is the last line of defense for the 1st.

Gear Head Works' products are leading the way in innovative designs. Click the globe icon below my Avatar to visit www.gearheadworks.com
BullpupT
Bullpup Fanatic

AF&AM 02

« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2015, 08:20:54 AM »

I shopped around for one for a long time and finally got one off gunbroker. It was the best price I could find anywhere. I did manage to get in right at the end of their free hard case promotion so that helped me take the pain a little better.

I got a SRS Covert in 260. I picked up a 16" 308 barrel used on a good deal later and have built a 50 caliber wildcat barrel too. I moved my Vortex Viper FFP 6-24 MOA to it from the 260 it replaced.

How do you like the Vortex Viper? I have been looking for a good FFP scope for a bolt gun project. I haven't looked through the glass on one of those yet. I know their HD models are up their in price. The bolt gun is a Savage so I don't want to spend a fortune.
Gear Head
^
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2015, 08:39:04 PM »

How do you like the Vortex Viper? I have been looking for a good FFP scope for a bolt gun project. I haven't looked through the glass on one of those yet. I know their HD models are up their in price. The bolt gun is a Savage so I don't want to spend a fortune.

Well let's put it this way. I had many Leupold scopes on rifles. After buying my first Vortex Viper PST, I have bought 4 more since and replaced many of my Leupolds with them. I am very happy with them. Especially for the price.

The second Amendment is the last line of defense for the 1st.

Gear Head Works' products are leading the way in innovative designs. Click the globe icon below my Avatar to visit www.gearheadworks.com
300winmag

« Reply #7 on: October 14, 2016, 06:52:03 PM »

When I hit the lottery I'll get an SRS in .300 Win mag and .339 LM. I already reload for my HS Precision .300 Win mag. target rifle. Loading 230 gr. Berger hybrid bullets and H1000 powder make this rifle sing beyond 800 yards. I'm sure the SRS would do as well with that load.

*** My current competition rifle is a 6.5 Creedmoor Ruger Precision Rifle with a Bushnell ERS 3.5 - 21 x 50 tactical scope with an H59 "Christmas tree" reticle. It's extremely accurate, as in 1/2" groups at 100 meters with Hornady ELD-M cartridges.

For $1,000. the RPR is a true bargain. Similarly the Bushnell ERS scope was, at $1,700. a good deal considering the extra premium for the H59 reticle. Both rifle and scope give outstanding performance for moderate prices.
Pages: [1] Print 
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length