Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 06, 2019, 04:57:18 AM
Home Home Help Calendar Login Register
News:

Please support BullpupForum.com sponsors!!
. . . Midwest Industries . . . BullpupArmory.com . . . Shooting Sight . . . BullpupUnlimited.com . . . Homeland Guns . . . . . . . . . . . . Desert Tech . . . GallowayPrecision.com . . . K & M Arms . . . . . . Geissele Automatics
+  BULLPUP FORUM
|-+  General Category
| |-+  General Discussion
| | |-+  We Have LOST a Member and Friend ;(;(;( RIP - SDDuc996
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: We Have LOST a Member and Friend ;(;(;( RIP - SDDuc996  (Read 20122 times)
HybridKid

Molon Labe!!

« on: June 09, 2015, 12:36:38 PM »

He was a Great friend and I am so SAD to know that I will not have him to talk to anymore.   Sad Sad fainting fainting

Heartfelt Condolences to Family and Friends, especially so his wife and children.  He Loved them so Very Much!!

http://www.gofundme.com/Norwillo?fb_action_ids=10153302667611183&fb_action_types=og.shares&fb_ref=16_fb_px

Posted on another forum.

Friends, it is with much regret and a heavy heart that I must report a member here, and friend to many has been lost overseas.

Francis, aka SDDuc996 on this forum, died in Bulgaria yesterday, training our allies on weapons platforms.
Stated loss due to faulty munitions from a grenade launcher.

He was a great man, a warrior among warriors who loved his family and his country. Father of two and loving husband to an amazing woman... Extension of an unmentioned Seal Team for many many years, so many tours of duty, among uncounted many of amazing accomplishments, which he would never wish to be recognized for .....

He excelled at everything in his life with no exceptions.... all the while - Always the Clown....

He made the ultimate sacrifice for his country!

You are loved and you will be greatly missed. RIP BROTHER!

Thanks and Be Safe.
Mike-4

« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2015, 04:28:41 PM »

Very tragic. The good ones always leave us too soon. Godspeed.
Snapperhead363
Global Moderator
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2015, 05:25:49 PM »

What a terrible loss. R.I.P. Francis

NRA Life Member   Bullpup Fanatic Glock Armorer  Owner of Homeland Guns.1-740-820-GUNS
Gear Head
^
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2015, 09:48:47 PM »

This is sad. My condolences to the family. Flag Raising

The second Amendment is the last line of defense for the 1st.

Gear Head Works' products are leading the way in innovative designs. Click the globe icon below my Avatar to visit www.gearheadworks.com
rl96ss

« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2015, 08:51:41 AM »

My sincere condolences. R.I.P, sir.
Sgt_P
Administrator
Bullpup Fanatic

SEMPER FIDELIS

« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2015, 09:58:06 AM »

A very dedicated family man, and a fan of the Bullpup.

Rest Brother...

"Retreat, hell we just got here!" 
Capt L Williams, USMC, WWI (Belleau Wood)
BullpupT
Bullpup Fanatic

AF&AM 02

« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2015, 01:14:40 PM »

A true American patriot, may you rest in peace. Thank you for your service and god bless you and your family.
mityno1
^

« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2015, 01:21:22 PM »

My prayers and condolences to his family for their tragic loss. Our nation and our world would be much worse off without the great sacrifices and contributions to the defense of liberty and freedom that men like Francis have selflessly made for us.

Re: MDR Group Buy - official BPF list!
« Reply #360 on: January 04, 2015, 05:29:50 AM »
(Still waiting patiently on an FDE...)
BengalBacker

« Reply #8 on: June 10, 2015, 03:08:02 PM »

I didn't know him but it sounds like he was a hell of a man. RIP

I know not what course others may take, but as for me, give me liberty or give me death!
HybridKid

Molon Labe!!

« Reply #9 on: June 10, 2015, 10:00:38 PM »

I don't know if Francis posted these on here but these are just some of the things he did for Slade his son.  The outfit was for Halloween last year just before he came back from Afghan.  He really disliked being there but wanted to provide for his family. 

RIP Brother. I pray that God gives your wife and children the Strength and Comfort they will need to get through these dark times. Sad Sad

I still cannot believe he is gone....................

* Slade 1.jpg (150.63 KB, 624x860 - viewed 923 times.)

* Slade 2.jpg (180.57 KB, 658x891 - viewed 902 times.)

* Slade 3.jpg (217.38 KB, 713x1020 - viewed 867 times.)

* Wood2.jpg (495.54 KB, 2046x2675 - viewed 861 times.)

Thanks and Be Safe.
Kissmethod17

« Reply #10 on: June 11, 2015, 09:45:15 AM »

Rest in peace and best of wishes to his wife and child.
HybridKid

Molon Labe!!

« Reply #11 on: June 11, 2015, 10:51:28 PM »

Services Information:

Tuesday June 16th
5:00pm-7:00pm public visitation
Allen Family Funeral Options
2120 W Spring Creek Parkway Plano TX 75023

SERVICE
Wednesday June 17
1:00pm

Chase Oaks Church
201 Building
201 Legacy Drive
Plano TX 75023

Thanks and Be Safe.
rolin808

« Reply #12 on: June 12, 2015, 02:36:56 AM »

I did not know this man, but I know that I live in a Free country thru his commitment and service. I will remember him in my prayers tonight, and I thank you sir, rest and I hope you find your peace.
HybridKid

Molon Labe!!

« Reply #13 on: September 24, 2015, 09:20:46 AM »

An update to what may have happened Sad

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/checkpoint/wp/2015/09/18/report-u-s-contractor-tried-to-arm-syrian-rebels-with-defective-grenades/

A U.S. contractor bought faulty grenades and then tried to sell them to the United States in order to fulfill a contract to arm Syrians participating in the Pentagon’s train and equip program for Syrian rebels, according to a Buzzfeed news report on Thursday.
The report details the transactions of a tiny contracting company called Purple Shovel, LLC that is based out of an industrial mall in Sterling, Va. The company, after receiving two contracts from Special Operations Command that amounted to more than $50 million dollars, hired additional subcontractors to procure a range of small arms and light weapons. The arms would then be sent to Syrian rebels being trained by the United States to fight the self-declared Islamic State.

According to the report, Purple Shovel’s subcontractors had difficulty finding weapons and ammunition needed for the program because of high demand on the global market. The contract called for various weapons and their associated ammunition, including recoilless rifles, rocket-propelled grenades and anti-tank guided missile systems.
To fulfill a portion of the contract, Purple Shovel’s subcontractors turned to an unnamed Bulgarian company to purchase 12,640 PG-7VM high explosive anti-tank rockets, according to the report. The PG-7VM is the iconic teardrop-shaped grenade usually seen protruding from the end of rocket-propelled grenade launchers in conflict zones around the world.
According to the report, there were a number of issues with the rounds procured by Purple Shovel, namely that the purchased rockets had been produced in 1984. While bullets, if stored somewhat properly, can have long shelf lives, explosive ordnance is much more temperamental. Explosives and their various components can degrade quickly if exposed to moisture and are improperly packaged.
When reached for comment, the Pentagon confirmed that despite delivery issues there had been no pause in the train and equip program, according to the report.
“These programs are highly risky, incredibly low reward and incredibly expensive,” said Rachel Stohl, a senior associate at the Stimson Center who focuses on the arms trade, referring to the type of third party purchasing Purple Shovel had been doing at the bequest of the Pentagon.
While SOCOM refused shipment on a number of the grenades, a subcontractor employee, Francis Norwillo, was possibly killed testing them in Bulgaria, according to the Buzzfeed report and a local news release cited by Buzzfeed.
“This is a perpetual problem when countries want non-U.S. weapons and when other actors are involved, said Stohl. “You can get dubious quality weapons from potentially nefarious actors.”
Norwillo, 41, a Navy veteran and armorer, was working for the company Skybridge Tactical, one of Purple Shovel’s subcontractors, when he was killed in June, according to the report.
While in the report, the U.S. embassy confirms Norwillo was working on a SOCOM contract, SOCOM told Buzzfeed that without a report from the “host government” it is unable to say if the contract and his death were related.
When Purple Shovel was reached for response, the man who picked up the phone said “no comment” and hung up without identifying himself.
Aside from procurement issues and faulty ammunition, Purple Shovel used one of its subcontractors to purchase anti-tank guided missiles through Belarus, which SOCOM confirmed, according to Buzzfeed.
Purple Shovel solicited the 700 missiles from Belarus because of an apparent shortage of the missiles on the global market , according to the report. While Belarus has import restrictions put in place by the U.S. State Department and a long list of human rights abuses under its current leader —President Alexander Lukashenko–Purple Shovel still did business with it. It is unclear, however, if the company broke any laws in doing so.

The missiles purchased from Belarus are just one component of the 9M113 Konkurs. The Konkurs is a Soviet-designed system much like the American TOW. It uses a firing station to launch a missile, which is then guided by wire. According to the Buzzfeed report, Purple Shovel also purchased 36 of the launchers in addition to the missiles, though it is unclear if the launchers came from Belarus. With a range of up to two and a half miles, the weapon has seen extensive service in Syria against Syrian President Bashir al-Assad’s tanks and armored vehicles.
The Syria train and equip program for which these weapons were intended has come under increasing scrutiny in the past week, with some lawmakers calling it a complete failure.
On Monday, Army Gen. General Lloyd Austin, Central Command’s top general, told the Senate Armed Service Committee that only “four or five” fighters out of the initial 54 were currently fighting in Syria. The program, which began in earnest in May, has a yearly quota of 3,000 to 5,000 trained fighters.
Air Force Col. Pat Ryder, a spokesman for CENTCOM, told reporters Friday that four U.S.-trained Syrian fighters had re-entered the fight, bringing the total to nine. Ryder also added that one had been reported killed, while 18 remained unaccounted for. Eleven others, he said, had quit the program.

Thanks and Be Safe.
hb

« Reply #14 on: June 23, 2016, 07:15:38 PM »

Sad loss, his life reads like a real James Bond super hero action movie.

Hopefully his memory will be everlasting with the people he touched. Through his contributing threads and posts. To never be forgotten, perhaps the Mods could link up his member posts, to better preserve his legacy and memory. For all to see and touch, so he never goes away and always remains with us. A virtual online monument. RIP

Another reason why we should be respectful to everyone on the forums. You never know who the expert is on the other end offering helpful advice.

WTS Steyr Mannlicher TMP Parts Kit 9x19mm Austria
WTB Steyr AUG barrels 14 Austrian only NIB

New 9mm 6th Gen parts
WTS Steyr AUG 9mm SA Roller Bolt Carrier $730
WTS Steyr AUG 9mm SA Stock black $395 (just stock, no rubber plate/swivel)
WTS Steyr AUG 9mm Mag Adapter black $150
USA Only
SHORT-N-SASSY
^
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #15 on: June 24, 2016, 12:57:13 AM »

I just read through all his Posts on our Bullpup Forum. Very knowledgeable guy. May he rest in peace.
Dave_I
^

« Reply #16 on: September 11, 2016, 08:39:14 AM »

Very sad to read this. I have not been on the forum much, just sort of got tied up in mundane day-to-day stuff so just missed this entirely until yesterday. That is a loss. SDDuc996 was pretty kind to me, funny, and very knowledgeable. He seemed to have a pretty good grip on life, just seemed like the kind of guy who was enjoying life and family and knew a good amount but was still kind enough to chat with people like myself who do not have his life experience. I suppose few actually really anticipate the loss of people they interact with, online or in-person, but this is a shock. I know life is too short as it is, but this is really...sad.

My condolences to those who knew him, friends and family.

-Cheers
Pages: [1] Print 
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length