Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 21, 2017, 12:53:49 AM
Home Home Help Calendar Login Register
News:

Please support BullpupForum.com sponsors!!
. . . Midwest Industries . . . BullpupArmory.com . . . Shooting Sight . . . BullpupUnlimited.com . . . Homeland Guns . . . . . . . . . . . . AB Arms . . . GallowayPrecision.com . . . K & M Arms . . . . . . Geissele Automatics
+  BULLPUP FORUM
|-+  Precision/Long Range Bullpups (Heavy Calibers)
| |-+  Desert Tactical Arms SRS, SRS Covert, HTI
| | |-+  DTA HTI Recoil
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: DTA HTI Recoil  (Read 5653 times)
goldwing
New Posting Member

« on: December 30, 2014, 09:25:30 PM »

I am in process of breaking in a new DTA HTI and although pleasantly surprised at how very well the brake works on the 375, I was wondering about the 50 BMG. I am also interested to know if there is any after market recoil pads that can be added to soften it up even more.  The 375 is very tolerable but when going through a high round count in a day, even mild recoil will create a blue shoulder so I like to make them soft.  BTW. Excellent rifle. Love it.

Also, Does anybody know what the expected barrel life is, (re: number of rounds)

Thanks
Sgt_P
Administrator
Bullpup Fanatic

SEMPER FIDELIS

« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2014, 07:02:38 AM »

The 50BMG definitely kicks!  It is a bolt-action...
But assuming you're shooting prone, it's manageable with good body position.

I don't know about aftermarket recoil pads.  But I do know that DT is making spacers for the stock butt pad, to ensure a comfortable Length Of Pull.  Obviously good fitment leads to less stress!

"Retreat, hell we just got here!" 
Capt L Williams, USMC, WWI (Belleau Wood)
Gear Head
^
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2015, 02:34:07 AM »

I'm jealous of your 375! how far can you shoot it where you are? That round shines at very long ranges.

The second Amendment is the last line of defense for the 1st.

Gear Head Works' products are leading the way in innovative designs. Click the globe icon below my Avatar to visit www.gearheadworks.com
alces
New Posting Member

« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2017, 03:19:20 AM »

Kick Eez, Limbsaver, and Gooey have some excellent pads that will definitely ameliorate the Big Fifty back-thrust!  The first, made from solid Sorbothane, is the firmest and easiest to grind fit; next Limbsaver, but care needed in fitment, and last, softest, and most expensive is the Gooey.
coldboremiracle

« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2017, 12:21:26 PM »

The 50BMG definitely kicks!  It is a bolt-action...
But assuming you're shooting prone, it's manageable with good body position.

I don't know about aftermarket recoil pads.  But I do know that DT is making spacers for the stock butt pad, to ensure a comfortable Length Of Pull.  Obviously good fitment leads to less stress!
The HTI does not have any spacers, the recoil pad is attached differently than the SRS, and is not serviceable without disassembly. Conventional over mold recoil pads are not likely to work due to the design.

The first shot, is worth all the rest.

Follow me on FB, IG, YT

I work for Desert Tech, happy to help wherever I can.
300winmag

« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2017, 08:50:09 PM »

Goldwing,

If you get much more than 3,000 rounds from your 375 barrel before it begins to lose group tightness then count yourself lucky.

BUT, if you hand load you can coat your bullets with Hexagonal Boron Nitride (HBN) and increase barrel life by reducing the barrel temperature. Also by using HBN  you will be getting cold bore shots that are NOT fliers but group with the following shots. See David Tubb's website for an explanation of this amazing coating, something far better than moly coating ever was.

Pages: [1] Print 
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length