Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 17, 2017, 03:42:55 PM
Home Home Help Calendar Login Register
News:

Please support BullpupForum.com sponsors!!
. . . Midwest Industries . . . BullpupArmory.com . . . Shooting Sight . . . BullpupUnlimited.com . . . Homeland Guns . . . . . . . . . . . . AB Arms . . . GallowayPrecision.com . . . K & M Arms . . . . . . Geissele Automatics
+  BULLPUP FORUM
|-+  Bullpup Shotguns
| |-+  Bullpup Unlimited
| | |-+  IAC Hawk 981r in Bullpup Unlimited stock
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: IAC Hawk 981r in Bullpup Unlimited stock  (Read 5566 times)
Grant

« on: December 05, 2014, 05:37:15 PM »

Folks it works perfectly. I bought the CDNN deal for the Hawk around the holidays and bought a BU stock from Buds while they had them on sale. I just broke both down and installed the Hawk with absolutely no issue at all. I function checked the shotgun last week without the stock.  Affter installing, there is a little plastic rubbing in the inside, but slides ok and will wear in with a little use just fine. The whole process took less than an hour. I also installed the Wilson Combat +2 mag extension and left in the original follower. Now the Hawk is 8+1 using 2 3/4 inch and 7+1 with 3 inch 12 gauge.

Someone will say, why not buy a used 870. If you know where I can get it for $139, I would have.

Full function test next week, but I don't see where there will be any issue at all.

Snapperhead363
Global Moderator
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2014, 07:02:55 PM »

Nice! Keep us updated!

NRA Life Member   Bullpup Fanatic Glock Armorer  Owner of Homeland Guns.1-740-820-GUNS
lsi1

« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2014, 11:29:34 AM »

yes please keep us posted.  i have a iac hawk 981r that i picked up from cdnn for this purpose but i haven't yet saved enough pennies for the bullpup stock.
Grant

« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2014, 09:37:19 AM »

Fired 50 rds of buckshot thru at the range last week. Feeds like a charm and throws a nice pattern. I am going to add a muzzle break just to even out the lengths of the barrel to the extended mag, but it was great. Recoil was very manageable as it is in bullpups in general. The action smoothed out after shooting. I figured out it was the slide rubbing on the extended mag attachment. A little lube and wear and it runs great.
Odyknuck

« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2015, 08:25:05 AM »

How do you add the muzzle break to the barrel? Is yours already tapped for one as I have not seen this gun with a removable choke setup.
Darthyogurt
New Posting Member

« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2015, 10:16:22 PM »

Anyone else find a good deal on the 981R?  Cdnn sold out and after calling them they were unsure when they would get a new stock.
lsi1

« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2015, 06:23:08 AM »

i also just did this conversion.  I had to do a slight bit of sanding to make the slide tube fit under the barrel as the hawk has thicker steel in that area but my kit fits and functions well.  I was surprised how much i like the BU kit compared to my ksg.
Pages: [1] Print 
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length