Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 26, 2017, 04:49:42 PM
Home Home Help Calendar Login Register
News:

Please support BullpupForum.com sponsors!!
. . . Midwest Industries . . . BullpupArmory.com . . . Shooting Sight . . . BullpupUnlimited.com . . . Homeland Guns . . . . . . . . . . . . AB Arms . . . GallowayPrecision.com . . . K & M Arms . . . . . . Geissele Automatics
+  BULLPUP FORUM
|-+  Precision/Long Range Bullpups (Heavy Calibers)
| |-+  St George Arms Leader 50 A1
| | |-+  Any news on the updated design?
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Any news on the updated design?  (Read 54300 times)
Bullpupateer
New Posting Member

« on: December 03, 2014, 05:34:25 PM »

I saw on Oleg Volk's blog a few pictures and a linked article on the Leader 50 A1 and that its design was updated. I personally liked the design change but mentioned  that there are addition changes and improvements added to the rifle like an improved muzzle brake. Does anyone know of additional changes. Or if possible could Ken from K&M give us a picture of the current redesign or some additional information. I'm really excited for this rifle.   
Projectile Motion

« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2015, 01:32:33 PM »

Here is an article on St George's patent. Interesting to note that it looks like it uses a bolt rotation control bar similar to M17S556/Tavor.

http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/patents/charles-st-georges-firearm-action/
ironcomp

« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2015, 04:08:13 PM »

j
« Last Edit: June 29, 2015, 03:41:52 PM by ironcomp » Logged
ironcomp

« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2015, 04:17:00 PM »

j
« Last Edit: June 29, 2015, 03:42:02 PM by ironcomp » Logged
Projectile Motion

« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2015, 07:41:19 PM »

It seems he had some rough luck.
ironcomp

« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2015, 01:44:09 PM »

j
« Last Edit: June 27, 2015, 08:39:27 PM by ironcomp » Logged
ironcomp

« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2015, 02:26:36 PM »

j
« Last Edit: June 27, 2015, 08:39:36 PM by ironcomp » Logged
charliegotnolove
^

« Reply #7 on: June 16, 2015, 07:51:38 PM »

Understandable with the expense of a rifle that's literally in a prototype phase, that there will be delays.

Maybe you don't understand the kind of QC one must do before releasing a semi-auto .50.  Literally, the thing is a grenade if it doesn't do what it's designed to do.  I think you are going about this unprofessionally as a person with only 4 posts.  Complain about the rifle if you want (I'll read that), but it reads that they sent it to you and you denied to take receipt of it...  I'll take witchhunt for $2000 Alex.
ironcomp

« Reply #8 on: June 16, 2015, 08:22:39 PM »

j
« Last Edit: June 27, 2015, 08:39:50 PM by ironcomp » Logged
charliegotnolove
^

« Reply #9 on: June 17, 2015, 01:57:16 AM »

Understandable.  I guess when someone just pops up on a board with negativity, it can feel suspect.  If it is a gift as you say, then I understand the context a little more.

St. George has credibility around here and I've met him in person.  If you feel they are toying with you, then I can understand the offense.  I just want you to understand that literally, semi-auto 50 caliber rifles must be of the highest standards in everything they do, as that round has seriously injured shooters if the gun is not made to specifications outlined in it's design.  It seems like you are the third customer in line to receive the gun and that means that this is not mass production.  You are dealing with custom work and custom work to ensure the firearm doesn't kill the customer (and subsequently the reputation/company) means delays are the norm. 

If you need a semi-auto .50 time now, buy a barret.  If you want one that's half the size and the lightest semi-auto .50 cal platform out there, then keep on with the Leader 50.
ironcomp

« Reply #10 on: June 17, 2015, 02:12:19 AM »

j
« Last Edit: June 27, 2015, 08:40:01 PM by ironcomp » Logged
charliegotnolove
^

« Reply #11 on: June 18, 2015, 08:30:29 PM »

Charles and I have come to an agreement to return my money over the next 3 months. I don't mind dealing with custom work and custom delays. I just value honestly and integrity. It took my pointing untruths on youtube to bring about a refund, I was lied to at least 7 times. And you ask why I have come this far and am willing to give up? Well two reasons, I can't imagine having a warranty issue and dealing with him again and I asked him today "tell me when you can have it shipped and I will tell you yes or no, yes meaning I will wait or no I will not". He wasn't able to give me a date. This makes me to believe he is still a bit far from the finish line.

I honestly have never experienced anything like this before and am thankful it seems to be over.

Now, would I buy a Leader A1 50 again, yes. Would I ever deal with Charles again, never. The gun looks very cool. All I own are a defense shotgun, PF9, XDM, XDS and a 30/30. So I am far from into guns. I feel they are tools. Tools should not give you so many headaches.

You're probably right about tools not giving you headaches, but you're buying into a radical newly designed weapon that's going to eventually enter military trials.  All early adopters deal with this kind of pain, but you are also at the forefront of a technological advancement.
ironcomp

« Reply #12 on: June 18, 2015, 08:39:57 PM »

j
« Last Edit: June 29, 2015, 02:59:59 PM by ironcomp » Logged
Pages: [1] Print 
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length