Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 20, 2017, 10:28:33 PM
Home Home Help Calendar Login Register
News:

Please support BullpupForum.com sponsors!!
. . . Midwest Industries . . . BullpupArmory.com . . . Shooting Sight . . . BullpupUnlimited.com . . . Homeland Guns . . . . . . . . . . . . AB Arms . . . GallowayPrecision.com . . . K & M Arms . . . . . . Geissele Automatics
+  BULLPUP FORUM
|-+  Bullpup Rifles (Auto & Semi-Auto Centerfire)
| |-+  IWI Tavor & X-95
| | |-+  Tavor Trigger Shootout: Geissele, Shooting Sight, Timney, & Factory
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 Print
Author Topic: Tavor Trigger Shootout: Geissele, Shooting Sight, Timney, & Factory  (Read 81238 times)
Aussie E
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #60 on: August 10, 2015, 02:45:01 PM »

It has been shown numerous times that M193 (my standard) will fragment and lose most of it's energy in the first wall it comes in contact with and that even 9mm has the potential to penetrate multiply walls. Now 55.6mm bonded core or tungsten penetrator rounds are a different story. A professional shooter friend of mine did some tests with M193 and bonded core 5.56mm on his USPSA range that is made plywood. The M193 went through the first board and then came apart and didn't penetrate the board on the other side of the hallway, the bonded core put a 5.56mm hole in the first board and then put a hole the size of a 9mm round through another four plywood boards before sailing off into the sunset. Choose the right ammo in a 5.56 and you'll be fine indoors.

AE
eblevin

« Reply #61 on: August 16, 2015, 11:21:42 AM »

My Timney Gen 2 has worked amazingly and I have no complaints. I have never shot the Geissele but my guess is it is superb as well. However I was able to get the Timney for $245 on sale and that beat the hell out of any deal I could find on the Geissele so I went for it.
Montgb

« Reply #62 on: September 14, 2015, 08:30:32 PM »

Just ordered a TAV-D from Shooting Sight.  I was debating between it and the Giessele unit.  Price and solid reviews helped make my decision.

Coincidentally, the day after I made my purchase I met a fellow Tavor owner at a local range with the Giessele trigger pack.  He let me fire a few rounds, and I was very impressed in the difference over OEM.  I expect the same results with the TAV-D. 
Tvfreakarms

« Reply #63 on: September 15, 2015, 06:04:06 AM »

Just ordered a TAV-D from Shooting Sight.  I was debating between it and the Giessele unit.  Price and solid reviews helped make my decision.

Coincidentally, the day after I made my purchase I met a fellow Tavor owner at a local range with the Giessele trigger pack.  He let me fire a few rounds, and I was very impressed in the difference over OEM.  I expect the same results with the TAV-D. 
Well I figure both the tav d and giessele is similar. But also both are still expensive as hell

2 by 2...hands of blue

DILLIGAF

« Reply #64 on: September 17, 2015, 11:00:32 PM »

considering the price of AR triggers. They are not that bad. 
Zemliak

« Reply #65 on: September 20, 2015, 05:58:16 AM »

I installed Geissele triger pack today and I feel immediate difference, click is way more pridictible and snappier/lighter. Hovever I also noticed that part is is about twice heavier than original. I know it is alluminum etc but I wish all these modes would also made rifle lighter but not heavier. Minor since I already made it heavy with all these plates, raiser, optics, bipod etc Smiley
AUG556Shooter
Banned

« Reply #66 on: September 28, 2015, 03:41:37 PM »

I tried to order the TAV-D trigger pack. My order was rejected and my money was refunded. Several attempts to contact them were ignored.

I'll not do business with these people and I'll gladly warn everyone off of buying their products.

Amateur hour.

If your TAVOR is only a range toy, sure, use them, if not? Stick with genuine professionals.
Tvfreakarms

« Reply #67 on: September 28, 2015, 03:51:25 PM »

Well TAV-D sells plastic trigger pacts. It should be cheaper than $325

2 by 2...hands of blue

FromageQuiPue

« Reply #68 on: September 29, 2015, 12:04:56 AM »

i have a Tavor Rifle 2-Stage Trigger - Delrin Housing from Shooting sight for a couple of weeks and i'm very happy with it.
Just day and night compared to the OEM trigger pack
BPBeliever

« Reply #69 on: September 29, 2015, 12:05:55 PM »

I tried to order the TAV-D trigger pack. My order was rejected and my money was refunded. Several attempts to contact them were ignored.

I'll not do business with these people and I'll gladly warn everyone off of buying their products.

Amateur hour.

If your TAVOR is only a range toy, sure, use them, if not? Stick with genuine professionals.

You had one bad experience with ShootingSight (that ended up costing you nothing but a little time) but you're really stirring a stink over something when you don't even know the cause. Did you know that Art is operating what's essentially a one-man business? He contracts out parts manufacture somewhat, then does all the assembly and tests each trigger in his own Tavor. He also of course handles all the business stuff, like answering phone calls and emails.

If his website rejected your order and your money, have you considered that this might be a good thing? Most s***ty businesses I've heard of or dealt with will take your money first and tell you about problems (or just ignore you) later. Art might've had an emergency and instructed his payment system to not accept orders until he can actually fill them - a good attribute for a small manufacturer.

Art can speak for himself when he comes around, but wouldn't you hate to find out after making such a stink that the man was in the hospital for the last week or something?

Art offers both machined aluminum and also machined delrin housings. Almost surprising he saves enough to drop the price at all; it still requires similar machining. Delrin also isn't some crap plastic; it has excellent properties and is used for bushings in racing or high performance automobiles, bearings, small gear wheels, fasteners, etc.
tattooo

« Reply #70 on: September 29, 2015, 03:52:53 PM »

Absolutely LOVE my Timney
ShootingSight
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #71 on: September 29, 2015, 09:53:23 PM »

I've been avoiding this issue, but will fire out my post.

The 'offended' customer Aug556shooter is actually Paul McCain, better known as Amsdorf, who was banned from this forum, and about a half dozen other gun forums, including FNForum and Arfcom, as well as a bunch of church forums, because he is a troll who enjoys posting inflammatory responses, and then launching personal attacks against responders.

He rejoined, not because he asked for re-admission, but because he faked his identity.

So yes, I rejected his order because I recognized who he was, and want nothing to do with him.  His postings suggesting he was hurt because I offered no explanation were because as soon as I rejected his order he EXACTLY knew the reason, but didn't share that because it didn't fit his narrative.

He has since been re-banned from this forum.

So yes, I stand behind my product, and will go to great lengths to make a customer happy.  But I will not abide trolls.

Art Neergaard
ShootingSight LLC
www.shootingsight.com
shootingsight@fioptics.com
513-702-4879
tattooo

« Reply #72 on: September 29, 2015, 11:10:32 PM »

I've been avoiding this issue, but will fire out my post.

The 'offended' customer Aug556shooter is actually Paul McCain, better known as Amsdorf, who was banned from this forum, and about a half dozen other gun forums, including FNForum and Arfcom, as well as a bunch of church forums, because he is a troll who enjoys posting inflammatory responses, and then launching personal attacks against responders.

He rejoined, not because he asked for re-admission, but because he faked his identity.

So yes, I rejected his order because I recognized who he was, and want nothing to do with him.  His postings suggesting he was hurt because I offered no explanation were because as soon as I rejected his order he EXACTLY knew the reason, but didn't share that because it didn't fit his narrative.

He has since been re-banned from this forum.

So yes, I stand behind my product, and will go to great lengths to make a customer happy.  But I will not abide trolls.
You did the right thing !
Border Dave
^

« Reply #73 on: September 29, 2015, 11:19:40 PM »

Way to go Art!  Thanks for letting us know about the troll.

Now, when are you going to release that trigger for the Scorpion?

OK, I know that's getting old, but I really don't want to put anyone else's trigger in my rifle.

Oh, and my Delrin Tav-D has about a thousand rounds through it and I couldn't be happier!  GREAT job on that trigger!  It's the best trigger I've ever owned.
Apache
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #74 on: September 29, 2015, 11:56:07 PM »

I knew there was something wrong about that POS Aug556shooter. Good for Art ...

Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum
Sine Missione
tattooo

« Reply #75 on: September 30, 2015, 07:59:44 AM »

Thanks for the heads up
repo

« Reply #76 on: October 13, 2015, 11:04:38 AM »

2 by 2...hands of blue

not really. Its not just plastic. It is also completely redesigned to perform flawlessly over time, lower the brake, and shorten the take up. If you don't believe all the people who do love it just buy the aluminum housing one Shooting sight or others offer. I would trade my aluminum one for a "plastic" one anytime. Its just as smooth (possibly smoother), and is lighter. 0 reason not to buy. The machining process is essentially the same but maybe faster on the Delrin. All are hand tested by Art himself. Whats not to like.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2015, 11:07:38 AM by repo » Logged
ShootingSight
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #77 on: October 14, 2015, 09:30:14 AM »

2 by 2...hands of blue

Just saw this post.  The Delrin (plastic) packs are actually $315, not $325, and this compares to $340 for the aluminum.  THe $25 difference is exactly because the 'plastic' is cheaper.  The 'plastic' is Delrin, an engineering polymer that is tough, has built in lubricity, resists chemicals and oils.  In fact, the base block of material that I buy to machine out the trigger pack costs more than aluminum.  However on the CNC machine, where I pay by the minute to get parts made, the Delrin machines faster and cleaner than aluminum, so the finished part costs me less.

Art Neergaard
ShootingSight LLC
www.shootingsight.com
shootingsight@fioptics.com
513-702-4879
FromageQuiPue

« Reply #78 on: October 14, 2015, 10:52:45 AM »

i bought a TAV-D Delrin housing few weeks ago and i love it
Agibbs996

« Reply #79 on: November 03, 2015, 10:57:12 PM »

I ordered the Tav-D the other day  because of this thread...and a few videos. Wink
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 Print 
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length