Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 18, 2017, 08:47:18 AM
Home Home Help Calendar Login Register
News:

Please support BullpupForum.com sponsors!!
. . . Midwest Industries . . . BullpupArmory.com . . . Shooting Sight . . . BullpupUnlimited.com . . . Homeland Guns . . . . . . . . . . . . AB Arms . . . GallowayPrecision.com . . . K & M Arms . . . . . . Geissele Automatics
+  BULLPUP FORUM
|-+  Bullpup Rifles (Auto & Semi-Auto Centerfire)
| |-+  IWI Tavor & X-95
| | |-+  Tavor Trigger Shootout: Geissele, Shooting Sight, Timney, & Factory
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8 Print
Author Topic: Tavor Trigger Shootout: Geissele, Shooting Sight, Timney, & Factory  (Read 84675 times)
DeltaBravo

« Reply #20 on: February 03, 2015, 12:44:08 PM »

Anyone know the price of the new Trigger from Geisselle?

Saw it on ShotShow 2015 and I'm definitely interested in getting the Trigger pack + the Trigger.  Heard its match grade AR quality.
issues

« Reply #21 on: February 04, 2015, 12:26:25 PM »

Anyone know the price of the new Trigger from Geisselle?

Saw it on ShotShow 2015 and I'm definitely interested in getting the Trigger pack + the Trigger.  Heard its match grade AR quality.

The trigger bow is $99 USD.
tattooo

« Reply #22 on: February 06, 2015, 09:24:25 PM »

$350 msrp
tattooo

« Reply #23 on: February 10, 2015, 01:56:17 AM »

I went with a timney over the geissele one because i run timneys in all my rifles & 2 even though i was going to try the geissele for the first time, its a 2 stage and im not a fan of 2 stage triggers.....
Paul053

« Reply #24 on: February 14, 2015, 08:14:23 PM »

Any word of the geisselle trigger bow is compatible with tav-d trigger pack?

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

xpdchief

« Reply #25 on: February 14, 2015, 08:39:31 PM »

Any word of the geisselle trigger bow is compatible with tav-d trigger pack?

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Yes, it's compatible will all of the trigger packs.

Respectfully submitted,
Brian
lpc
^

« Reply #26 on: February 15, 2015, 01:31:56 PM »

Article that talks about the trigger bow with Geissele, Timney and Shooting Sight trigger packs.
http://www.outdoorhub.com/reviews/2015/02/09/geissele-super-sabra-tavor-trigger-pack-lightning-bow-trigger/
slc19460
New Posting Member

« Reply #27 on: February 22, 2015, 10:02:20 PM »

Great video - I actually have both the SS alloy and Geissele - I think I would avoid the Timney as doubling and Tripling is a dangerous fault to my way of thinking - I have a pre-order in for the new Geissle trigger bow which should make my decision easier for a full time trigger if it is as good as advertised. 
My Geissele is one of the first out - does anyone know what was changed in the generation 2 they are selling now or is it just a correction/refinement of the initial problems they had with the original trigger not having enough hammer clearance?  This was not a problem on my trigger btw   
XPDXCop

« Reply #28 on: March 18, 2015, 12:18:14 PM »

i too have a lot of Timney triggers.  they did have a problem but quickly recalled it for exchange.  had the new one in less than a week.  i will always stick with them for my triggers as they are guaranteed for life and ive always liked the way they feel.
tattooo

« Reply #29 on: March 18, 2015, 12:36:00 PM »

You & me both XPD .... Some people like coke & some pepsi.... im a timney guy....
BC13
^

« Reply #30 on: March 20, 2015, 05:31:30 PM »

Why would someone trust their life on anything having problems from day one to a very recent blow up seen here just recently? Wonder if other companies have single stage on test bench.
tattooo

« Reply #31 on: March 20, 2015, 09:34:59 PM »

Cmon really..... thats like saying you'll never trust your life in a car that had a recall or recalls.....Huh?
Guntrician

« Reply #32 on: March 31, 2015, 12:55:01 AM »

Why would someone trust their life on anything having problems from day one to a very recent blow up seen here just recently? Wonder if other companies have single stage on test bench.

Respectfully, I have the same concerns about changing the stock trigger to something considerably lower in pull weight to the factory trigger. If this rifle is ever intended to be used in an HD scenario, I would think this opens the door to all kinds of legal ramifications. I don't personally have any problems with the trigger as it comes. I'm not doing long range prairie dog hunting with this rifle. Now if someone is setting it up for a DMR type roll that is different.

That said I give a huge thank you to Jeremy and Rick for providing this info for those that want to change their trigger.

Pups so far: TPD AXR, FN FS2000, Tavor SAR
xpdchief

« Reply #33 on: March 31, 2015, 08:09:12 AM »

Respectfully, I have the same concerns about changing the stock trigger to something considerably lower in pull weight to the factory trigger. If this rifle is ever intended to be used in an HD scenario, I would think this opens the door to all kinds of legal ramifications. I don't personally have any problems with the trigger as it comes. I'm not doing long range prairie dog hunting with this rifle. Now if someone is setting it up for a DMR type roll that is different.

That said I give a huge thank you to Jeremy and Rick for providing this info for those that want to change their trigger.

I'm having a hard time thinking of a scenerio (other than one created by the home owner) where the use of one of the aftermarket triggers in a Tavor used for home defense becomes a legal issue. 
If your defense to the shooting was a justifiable defense of your life or the life of others in the home (defense of property in some states), than the trigger doesn't matter.  You pulled the trigger and you meant to pull it.
If your defense is that the shooting was accidental, you did not mean to shoot the intruder but the trigger malfunctioned in some way, then you may have a problem.  You had your finger on the trigger, didn't mean to pull it, but you did anyway (lighter pull or not).  If this is your defense than it probably won't matter which trigger was in the Tavor.

Respectfully submitted,
Brian
Aussie E
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #34 on: March 31, 2015, 09:11:10 AM »

AE
tattooo

« Reply #35 on: March 31, 2015, 09:36:06 AM »

XPD is 10000% correct
tattooo

« Reply #36 on: March 31, 2015, 11:58:28 AM »

These trigger packs are made in a factory .....IMO I would think its safer legally than a modified origional equipment trigger ie trigger job ..... either way my pump shotgun & a handgun are my HD set up & ready firearms ....
Kissmethod17

« Reply #37 on: March 31, 2015, 05:17:53 PM »

I just put the order in for a TAV-D aluminum housing. My Tavor is excited, my wallet is feeling more lonely...
tattooo

« Reply #38 on: March 31, 2015, 06:21:54 PM »

Good for you brother
bradman

Innocent Bystander

« Reply #39 on: June 06, 2015, 02:27:01 PM »

I like Timney also, but in this case Geissele is the better system and now with the new trigger, I just can't wait to get one.  The pack has worked perfectly for me.  I actually ordered the pack before I paid for the rifle.  Just my .02.

Login with username, password and session length