Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
August 19, 2018, 11:27:27 PM
Home Home Help Calendar Login Register
News:

Please support BullpupForum.com sponsors!!
. . . Midwest Industries . . . BullpupArmory.com . . . Shooting Sight . . . BullpupUnlimited.com . . . Homeland Guns . . . . . . . . . . . . AB Arms . . . GallowayPrecision.com . . . K & M Arms . . . . . . Geissele Automatics
+  BULLPUP FORUM
|-+  Bullpup Rifles (Auto & Semi-Auto Centerfire)
| |-+  All Other Bullpup Rifles
| | |-+  Croatian VHS Bullpup
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: Croatian VHS Bullpup  (Read 32215 times)
Frostburg
^
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #20 on: September 01, 2013, 09:53:45 PM »

This rifle looks very large which kind of defeats the purpose of a bull pup

I kinda agree with this.
elabis

« Reply #21 on: December 08, 2014, 01:12:31 AM »

Hi guys. VHS-2 is probably gonna be released in 2015. Here are some pics, notice how the new version is different from the first VHS-2 that was shown in 2013. It's a lot more polished.

older version:

There is also gonna be released a version that has in-built optics(the ones from VHS-1) and a rail that goes similar to XM-8, and not straight like the normal version. I don't have a normal pic of it, just a really bad pic:

it's the one that's closest

DT5000
^

« Reply #22 on: December 08, 2014, 12:37:31 PM »

Well that's great news. How do you know all this info?
sgt. mac
^

« Reply #23 on: December 08, 2014, 03:02:11 PM »

It may be a pipe dream, but I would love to see this come to the US.  Springfield could import them and sell them as a 5.56 offering to complement their current lines.  HS/XD has enough name recognition that people would be interested.
mig1nc

« Reply #24 on: December 09, 2014, 05:24:43 PM »

Springfield would need to make 922r parts for it.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

elabis

« Reply #25 on: December 26, 2014, 07:53:17 AM »

wulkure

« Reply #26 on: December 26, 2014, 12:10:09 PM »

magazine design is similar to G36, does it accept AR15 magazines?
Charging handle seems to function identical to G36 also, truly ambi.
elabis

« Reply #27 on: January 01, 2015, 03:04:21 PM »

I forgot to mention that the optics has red-dot integrated.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2015, 07:44:37 PM by elabis » Logged
elabis

« Reply #28 on: January 06, 2015, 08:38:58 AM »

magazine design is similar to G36, does it accept AR15 magazines?
Charging handle seems to function identical to G36 also, truly ambi.

VHS-2 has interchangeable magazine well, which means you just change the well for whatever magazine you need are you're ready to go.
DT5000
^

« Reply #29 on: January 09, 2015, 06:01:22 PM »

How much???

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
SHORT-N-SASSY
^
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #30 on: January 09, 2015, 10:43:10 PM »

I made the video hot!

Impressive rifle!  Does the bolt have to change to have left-eject?  I see the port for that side.

Looks like a well thought out Bullpup!!!   Cool

I today sent the following E-mail to Pierangelo Tendas, all4shooters.com:

"VHS-2 Croatian Bullpup Rifle Eurosatory 2014, By Pierangelo Tendas

"Mr. Tendas,

"In the June 18, 2014 Report (http://www.all4shooters.com/en/home/pro-zone/2014-news/VHS-2-Croatian-bullpup-rifle-Eurosatory-2014/) you state, "The VHS-2 assault rifle sports twin ejection windows, and can be reverted from right-hand to left-hand ejection in seconds."

"Please detail the procedure for changing the ejection mode, from right-hand to left-hand. And, if a video is available showing that procedure, please advise. Thank you.

"Sincerely,

"CC: The Bullpup Forum"
SHORT-N-SASSY
^
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #31 on: January 12, 2015, 03:59:01 PM »

I made the video hot!

Impressive rifle!  Does the bolt have to change to have left-eject?  I see the port for that side.

Looks like a well thought out Bullpup!!!   Cool

I today sent the following E-mail to Pierangelo Tendas, all4shooters.com:

"VHS-2 Croatian Bullpup Rifle Eurosatory 2014, By Pierangelo Tendas

"Mr. Tendas,

"In the June 18, 2014 Report (http://www.all4shooters.com/en/home/pro-zone/2014-news/VHS-2-Croatian-bullpup-rifle-Eurosatory-2014/) you state, "The VHS-2 assault rifle sports twin ejection windows, and can be reverted from right-hand to left-hand ejection in seconds."

"Please detail the procedure for changing the ejection mode, from right-hand to left-hand. And, if a video is available showing that procedure, please advise. Thank you.

"Sincerely,

"CC: The Bullpup Forum"

I today received the following E-mail reply:

"I'm sorry to inform you that the VHS-2 assault rifle was not showcased at the 2014 EUROSATORY expo by the manufacturing company itself, but by the Croatian State military exports corporation (RH-ALAN), with no company representative at the booth, nobody was able to demonstrate to us the ejection reversing procedure, and we haven't had any other occasion to handle the VHS-2 assault rifle, ever since.

'Yours truly,

"Pierangelo Tendas, Staff Editor

"all4shooters.com"
elabis

« Reply #32 on: January 13, 2015, 09:12:59 PM »

On wikipedia it says the process of changing ejection side takes under a minute. I also found some article in croatian about the rifle that says very shrotly that rifle needs to be partially disassembled and then you just turn some kind of shutter for 180 degrees. So I asume this wikipedia statement is true.

"Sam način odabira smjera izbacivanja čahura vrlo je jednostavan i ne zahtijeva nikakvo dodatno znanje korisnika. Pušku je potrebno rastaviti te doći do zatvarača. Njega je dovoljno zakrenuti za 180 stupnjeva oko osi u smjeru iz kojeg želimo da mehanizam izbacuje čahure."

"The way to change the ejection side is very simple and doesn't require any special knowledge..."

http://www.hrvatski-vojnik.hr/hrvatski-vojnik/4222013/vhs2.asp
SHORT-N-SASSY
^
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #33 on: January 13, 2015, 10:14:22 PM »

On wikipedia it says the process of changing ejection side takes under a minute. I also found some article in croatian about the rifle that says very shrotly that rifle needs to be partially disassembled and then you just turn some kind of shutter for 180 degrees. So I asume this wikipedia statement is true.

"Sam način odabira smjera izbacivanja čahura vrlo je jednostavan i ne zahtijeva nikakvo dodatno znanje korisnika. Pušku je potrebno rastaviti te doći do zatvarača. Njega je dovoljno zakrenuti za 180 stupnjeva oko osi u smjeru iz kojeg želimo da mehanizam izbacuje čahure."

"The way to change the ejection side is very simple and doesn't require any special knowledge..."

http://www.hrvatski-vojnik.hr/hrvatski-vojnik/4222013/vhs2.asp

elabis,

Welcome to our Bullpup Forum!

And, thank you for your reference to an article clarifying that changing the ejection side on the VHS-2 requires some disassembly of the rifle.

elabis

« Reply #34 on: January 16, 2015, 01:42:19 PM »

In the meanwhile, VHS-1 is being used by Kurdish forces in Iraq.

elabis

« Reply #35 on: February 12, 2015, 08:39:11 PM »

VHS-2 picked among 5 finalists in the French tender for new assault rifle:
W warunkach przetargu DGA zastrzegła, że do dalszych testów zostanie wybranych do 5 zgłoszonych konstrukcji. Francuzi zdecydowali się dopuścić do prób: niemieckie karabinki HK416A5, dostarczone przez Heckler & Koch (HK416A5 dla Francuzów, 2012-10-13); belgijskie SCAR-L, wytwarzane przez FN Herstal; chorwackie VHS-K2 i VHS-D2 oferowane przez HS Produkt (Rośnie chorwacki eksport, 2015-02-05; Nowy VHS-2 na ASDA, 2013-04-24); szwajcarsko-amerykańskie MCX (ich premiera miała miejsce na tegorocznym SHOT Show) produkowane przez SIG Sauer; oraz włoskie ARX 160A1 (Fińskie ARX 160?, 2014-11-29; Rozpoczęły się próby karabinków w Indiach, 2014-10-02).

http://www.altair.com.pl/news/view?news_id=15635

The winner will be known at the end of 2016.
Some rifles that didn't make it to final 5:
CZ 805 BREN
FB MSBS
STM 556
F90
Steyr AUG

French need 45 thousand assault rifles( AIF Standard)  and 45 thousand carbines( AIF courte ).
« Last Edit: February 12, 2015, 08:50:40 PM by elabis » Logged
Sgt_P
Administrator
Bullpup Fanatic

SEMPER FIDELIS

« Reply #36 on: February 16, 2015, 10:52:22 PM »

It's interesting to see the numbers of rifles the French would buy.

As a comparison market, the US civilian market buyers have purchased somewhere in the neighborhood of :
80,000 KSG's
50,000 Tavor SAR's
etc, etc...

Makes me proud to be an American!

Don't quote me on the exact numbers, they are a rough estimate!

"Retreat, hell we just got here!" 
Capt L Williams, USMC, WWI (Belleau Wood)
ballkkan

« Reply #37 on: November 23, 2017, 11:00:49 AM »

Iraqi,war ...  local guy disassemble and assemble VHS-2 rifle

https://youtu.be/INEYbXw5Srg

Croatia,practical shooting ... a local girl shoots a rifle

https://youtu.be/7fhiX-ALbr8
« Last Edit: November 23, 2017, 11:03:47 AM by ballkkan » Logged
Amoresttelum
New Posting Member

« Reply #38 on: May 13, 2018, 02:34:03 PM »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uN7ZZteWJmU

If you want some snazzy video of the VHS-2, here's HS Produckt's 2017 promo video. There's a boat load of XDms in there as well. You don't see those in a military/LE context too often but that's certainly what HS is going for. If Springfield isn't working on some way to import the VHS-2s to the US, they're crazy. This is what the Saint should have been IMHO.
Jack Flag

« Reply #39 on: May 13, 2018, 04:53:30 PM »

I'd love for the VHS to be imported into the US. But lets be realistic, this is America. SA will sell a lot more and make a lot more money from ARs.
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length