Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
August 15, 2018, 05:20:05 AM
Home Home Help Calendar Login Register
News:

Please support BullpupForum.com sponsors!!
. . . Midwest Industries . . . BullpupArmory.com . . . Shooting Sight . . . BullpupUnlimited.com . . . Homeland Guns . . . . . . . . . . . . AB Arms . . . GallowayPrecision.com . . . K & M Arms . . . . . . Geissele Automatics
+  BULLPUP FORUM
|-+  Bullpup Rifles (Auto & Semi-Auto Centerfire)
| |-+  Desert Tech MDR (Moderator: Heathsrow)
| | |-+  OK which scope the MDR 308
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] Print
Author Topic: OK which scope the MDR 308  (Read 156115 times)
Sdevante
^
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #380 on: December 06, 2017, 06:16:43 PM »

So.... while I've been waiting for my MDR through the group buy, with my Razor 1-6 ready to mount whenever it gets here.... Vortex goes and comes up with a Razor 1-8 coming out Friday. Dammit Desert Tech!
rtp
^
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #381 on: December 06, 2017, 07:18:11 PM »

So.... while I've been waiting for my MDR through the group buy, with my Razor 1-6 ready to mount whenever it gets here.... Vortex goes and comes up with a Razor 1-8 coming out Friday. Dammit Desert Tech!

Not sure it's even been confirmed as of yet as to what it is?
Maybe they'll surprise us all with a 1-10x FFP. 

Just signed up for their newsletter to find out on Friday.. Cheesy
Sdevante
^
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #382 on: December 08, 2017, 12:16:01 PM »

Ok nevermind my rant, looks like Vortex dropped a quarter pound from their 1-6 so I'm still good.... until next year. Hurry up DT!
hillbillyjim
^

« Reply #383 on: December 08, 2017, 12:18:49 PM »

What is the msrp going to be on that?
Slateman
^
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #384 on: December 08, 2017, 01:04:27 PM »

They're announcing it Friday. I don't think it's coming out until next year. At best, it'll be available at shot show.
rtp
^
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #385 on: December 08, 2017, 02:47:36 PM »

They're announcing it Friday. I don't think it's coming out until next year. At best, it'll be available at shot show.
It's a lighter Razor 1-6x. Looks the same as the existing but it's lighter.  Good, but not good enough for me to care - it's not lighter and 1-8x FFP.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2017, 04:15:22 PM by rtp » Logged
wagrn
^

« Reply #386 on: December 08, 2017, 03:49:14 PM »

I'm actually leaning toward their new 3-18 with a rmr scope mount.
Sdevante
^
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #387 on: December 08, 2017, 08:18:45 PM »

LOL NM - posted to the wrong thread on my phone. Carry on.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2017, 11:29:15 PM by Sdevante » Logged
kyle@eurooptic

« Reply #388 on: December 21, 2017, 02:55:13 PM »

Nightforce just announced there new NX8. First focal plane, 1-8x, nice reticle, 8.75" long and only wieghts 17oz for $1715.00! I personally think this is an ideal scope for the MDR. We should have our first shipment just after Christmas. 
kfeltenberger
^
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #389 on: December 21, 2017, 07:55:52 PM »

Will you have them at the Great American Outdoor Show?

Kurt
rtp
^
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #390 on: December 21, 2017, 08:47:44 PM »

Plus the ATACR version but Plus another 1k.
Any word on the turret changes/options expected?
sampitt

« Reply #391 on: December 21, 2017, 10:57:27 PM »

I picked up a 1-8x24 sfp mil/mil rugged series scope from Ranger Proof Arms.   It's basically a Shepherd Scope scope with Darren's reticle and insignia laser etched on it.  It's made in the US and the components are sourced domestically as well.  It also utilizes Schott Bk7 glass that's ground and polished in Fl.  

They had a presale price of under $500.  I'm not exaggerating when I say this, the clarity of this glass is on par with most optics triple the price.  I didn't mind that it didn't have capped turrets.  Locking turrets are fine with me on a low power optic that I'll use the reticle for shot adjustments 95% of the time after it's zeroed anyway.  I also could care less about ffp in a low powered optic, as I'm going to be running it on 1x or 8x exclusively 99.99% of the time.  Sfp scopes usually tend to be lighter as well.

The 1x looks pretty damn close to 1x.  It's just as close as other variable power scopes I've used that have "true" 1x power.  The reticle is simple but comprehensive enough to get you on target at distance if you do your part.   Scope subtends 12 mils of vertical adjustment.  There is also a range estimation feature if you don't want to use the mil dots to do that.  In the upper right each one of the squares represents an 18in^ 2 at a given distance, which can be used to estimate distance.  There is red and green illumination and it seems adequately bright when turned up for sunny days without washing everything out.  On lower settings it's subdued enough for night shooting.  

The fit and finish are surprisingly pretty nice.  The anodizing looks great.  I can't attest to the precision of adjustments or this scopes durability since I obviously haven't used it yet, but so far so good otherwise.  I still may end up getting a trijicon 1-8x28 accupoint because of the exit pupil, but honestly, the glass is no better....i know i know....sounds like bulls***, but I have personally never seen anything close to this optic pricewise that has glass this clear.  My vortex 1-6 razor hd 2, while not the best scope, definitely had worse glass than the RP 1x8 and was more than double what I paid for this.

I also bought a kdg 30mm sidelok qd mount.  It's pretty heavy and I'm not sure if I'll stick with it, but I like my sidelok mro mounts and they actually retain zero pretty well, so I'll give it a try.  I might want to switch optics on the fly, so if it does retain zero like the others then I might deal with the weight and keep it.  

Also, sorry if I sound like I'm shilling for RP haha I swear I have no affiliations with the company.  I was just really surprised by how much better the scope is than what I was expecting.

Here are a couple photos from Ranger Proof's ig.

* Capture+_2017-12-21-20-31-13.png (966.16 KB, 720x847 - viewed 191 times.)

* Capture+_2017-12-21-20-25-41-1.png (105.21 KB, 720x895 - viewed 181 times.)
« Last Edit: December 22, 2017, 05:59:57 AM by sampitt » Logged
jjdgldaz

« Reply #392 on: June 27, 2018, 06:10:37 PM »

What is the common ring height
rtp
^
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #393 on: June 28, 2018, 08:59:01 AM »

What is the common ring height

AR height ~1.5".

Tried lower but it's really set up for AR height.  Also, rings may not work due to being unable to move the optic forward enough, or at least that was the case for me with a DMR2 Pro...needed to use a slight cantilever mount.
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] Print 
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length