Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 14, 2018, 07:00:01 AM
Home Home Help Calendar Login Register
News:

Please support BullpupForum.com sponsors!!
. . . Midwest Industries . . . BullpupArmory.com . . . Shooting Sight . . . BullpupUnlimited.com . . . Homeland Guns . . . . . . . . . . . . AB Arms . . . GallowayPrecision.com . . . K & M Arms . . . . . . Geissele Automatics
+  BULLPUP FORUM
|-+  Rimfire Bullpups
| |-+  Ruger 1022 Bullpups
| | |-+  HTA 90/22 (Moderator: Plinker)
| | | |-+  HTA 90/22 Bullpup
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] Print
Author Topic: HTA 90/22 Bullpup  (Read 402583 times)
HighTowerArmory

« Reply #800 on: September 05, 2014, 07:06:38 PM »

Hey gang!

Here's a new look at the HTA RM-25 10/22 magazine! This will of course work with our HTA 90/22! Just figured I'd let folks know there was another option out there in case people had magazine questions or if you just wanted to know what we've been doing over here haha. Thanks so much for everything!

Andy and the team at HTA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uiaT_HbZfVI&list=UUX0SNtpOxJbLfC1Bf_87cPg
Worn

« Reply #801 on: September 05, 2014, 08:21:35 PM »

Hey gang!

Here's a new look at the HTA RM-25 10/22 magazine! This will of course work with our HTA 90/22! Just figured I'd let folks know there was another option out there in case people had magazine questions or if you just wanted to know what we've been doing over here haha. Thanks so much for everything!

Andy and the team at HTA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uiaT_HbZfVI&list=UUX0SNtpOxJbLfC1Bf_87cPg
Very nice magazine. Ought to give Ruger's BX-25 a run for the money. Now, when's the RM-50 coming out?

Bullpups are cool.
Plinker
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #802 on: September 06, 2014, 12:14:14 AM »

Holy cow, Andy, that is ridiculous!!  I want one (or ten) BAD!!!

I love how you've designed it so that if you re-configure, you can store the unused parts so that you never have to lose anything.  LOVE it!!

It wasn't quite clear to me as to whether or not the windows are transparent.  They look dark in the video, and it seems like you imply that rapid reload mode is the only one where you can see the rounds.  Did I hear that wrong?

The next time you think everyone should be equal in outcome, read Kurt Vonnegut's "Harrison Bergeron".  If you don't fear that kind of world, please don't vote.
HighTowerArmory

« Reply #803 on: September 08, 2014, 11:45:05 AM »

Hey gents!

Thanks for all the nice remarks about the mag! We're all pretty pumped about it. It really does bring a new level of adaptability to magazines.

The windows are indeed transparent. They are just early samples that were already a little too dark but look really dark in the video. You can actually see the orange follower pin pretty clearly in real life. In the RM-25, it's the follower pin that's the indicator for round count, not the rounds themselves. In that sense it works kind of like the windowed P-Mag. You can't look at the ammo but rather where the orange indicator aligns with the round count numbers on the outside of the mag. You can of course plainly see the follower pin when the windows are removed as well.

Thanks for all the questions and buzz guys! We really appreciate it! If there is anything we can do to help, please let us know!

Andy and the team at HTA
Worn

« Reply #804 on: September 08, 2014, 11:57:47 AM »

Hey gents!

Thanks for all the nice remarks about the mag! We're all pretty pumped about it. It really does bring a new level of adaptability to magazines.
Given the external follower that the user can operate, you need a companion equivalent of the Ultimate Clip Loader to let gravity load the RM-25. Twenty-five rounds loaded in ten seconds? That would be the icing on this very tasty looking cake.

Bullpups are cool.
HighTowerArmory

« Reply #805 on: February 02, 2015, 12:04:39 PM »

Hello bullpup nation!

Just figured I'd post a quick update here for everyone on our deflector! It's finally done! We have them all in stock and ready to ship! The deflector is free for all existing 90/22 owners and it comes standard on all new 90/22 purchases so our kit can be made fully ambidextrous, regardless of the purchase date! Thanks to all the folks who have been patiently waiting on this! We really appreciate it!

As always, if there is anything I or anyone at HTA can do to help, please let me know! We truly do appreciate all you guys have done for our company!

Thanks again,

Andy and the team at HTA

http://www.hightowerarmory.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=HTA9022SD
Plinker
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #806 on: February 02, 2015, 04:36:59 PM »

Hello bullpup nation!

Just figured I'd post a quick update here for everyone on our deflector! It's finally done! We have them all in stock and ready to ship! The deflector is free for all existing 90/22 owners and it comes standard on all new 90/22 purchases so our kit can be made fully ambidextrous, regardless of the purchase date! Thanks to all the folks who have been patiently waiting on this! We really appreciate it!

As always, if there is anything I or anyone at HTA can do to help, please let me know! We truly do appreciate all you guys have done for our company!

Thanks again,

Andy and the team at HTA

The next time you think everyone should be equal in outcome, read Kurt Vonnegut's "Harrison Bergeron".  If you don't fear that kind of world, please don't vote.
Plinker
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #807 on: February 02, 2015, 04:38:54 PM »

Hello bullpup nation!

Thanks again,

Andy and the team at HTA

Wow, Andy!  I can't think of another company out there who has not only made an add-on a standard part of their offering, and certainly not any that offer the add-on free for existing customers!  Kudos to you, sir!  Another excellent example of your focus on the customer!

yamadog35
^

« Reply #808 on: February 02, 2015, 08:23:15 PM »

Hello bullpup nation!

Thanks again,

Andy and the team at HTA

Out-Freakin-Standing Service!
HighTowerArmory

« Reply #809 on: February 04, 2015, 10:28:09 AM »

Thanks Plink and Yamadog!That's mighty kind!

We would have liked to have had it for you all from the beginning but when you start up a company on a limited budget, you have to produce the things that you need and not always the things you would like. We figured the least we could do now would be to give back a teeny tiny bit to the folks that helped us get this far. So thanks everyone! We appreciate it!

Thanks again!

Andy and the team at HTA
Old Fart

« Reply #810 on: May 02, 2015, 06:25:10 PM »

Mine was on the doorstep Friday (guarded by the Fierce Wienerdog), had a few minutes today so did the extended magazine and bolt release. I'll have to post pictures of the removed components - "several" generations old than Andy's videos (I'm not sure which of my (2) 10/22's is which - but one of them dates back to the "$70 at K-Mart era") Smiley

Would have gone a bit further, but I used locktite when I put the scope rail on - so need to chuck the receiver in a vise, heat up a screwdriver, etc - have a social event to start getting ready for so maybe tomorrow.

Jeff
Old Fart

« Reply #811 on: May 03, 2015, 07:54:21 PM »

Update - screws came out easy enough. Will clean tomorrow when I get home and put it all together Smiley
jekbrown

« Reply #812 on: March 23, 2016, 12:48:40 PM »

Some quick questions I need answers to before I start buying stuff to build my 90/22/SBR:

1. What is the length of the SBR barrel hta makes?

2. What is the distance between the end of said bbl when installed and the "face" of the stock (presuming the factory faux-suppressor mount is removed)?

3. What is the exact OAL with said bbl installed?

4. Just how involved would it be to remove the 2"-ish part of the butt of the stock that is pretty much unused space/for NFA compliance?

5. If you're going to replace the bbl and trigger, does it matter at all which current version of the 10/22 I buy for this build or should I just buy whatever is cheapest? Any benefit to any model?
HighTowerArmory

« Reply #813 on: March 24, 2016, 10:33:44 AM »

Hey Jekbrown!

Thanks for the questions! I'll dive right in!

Our SBR barrel is just a hair over 14"- about 14.040" to be exact.

The barrel (from the crown) is approximately 2.1" from the face of the stock

The OAL with the SBR barrel is about 22.2"

It is reasonsably easy to remove the lug on the front of the stock. Even simple hand tools or a band saw could do it, depending on your competency. Of course, we would never advise altering the product in any way  Wink

All 10/22 will be esentially the same, it just needs to have a removable sight rail.

Hope all this helps! Please let me know if you have any other questions and thank you again!

Andy and the team at HTA
jekbrown

« Reply #814 on: March 25, 2016, 04:58:25 AM »

Thanks for the speedy response. Just one finally measurement question: distance between the shoulder of the sbr bbl before the threads and the face of the stock (again, minus the faux suppressor protrusion)?

HighTowerArmory

« Reply #815 on: March 26, 2016, 05:15:11 PM »

Hey Jekbrown!

It looks like that distance, essentially the length of the lug on the front of the stock, is about 1.4"

Let me know if that helps! Thanks so much!

Andy and the team
jekbrown

« Reply #816 on: March 27, 2016, 12:25:31 AM »

Perfect, that's all I needed to know. I picked up my donor 10/22 today. Now all I need is a tax stamp...
Ditcher
^
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #817 on: March 15, 2018, 10:46:26 PM »

I heard you need to use a 18.5 barrel 1022 on the 90/22 to avoid the sbr tax stamp.  Is this true or will a 16" work?
HighTowerArmory

« Reply #818 on: March 19, 2018, 12:46:58 PM »

Hello Ditcher! Thanks so much for your question! The 90/22 needs an 18" barrel or longer to hit the 26" NFA minimum. So, yes, sadly the 16" barrel requires a tax stamp. There are a plethora of 10/22 barrels out there from people who swapped them out for something else, so your cheapest option is to try and find someone willing to part with their factory 18.5" barrel for cheap. We might even have some here. Let me know if you have any questions and thanks so much for your interest! We appreciate it!

Andy and the team at HTA
Gumbercules13
New Posting Member

« Reply #819 on: November 06, 2018, 11:34:53 PM »

Has anyone figured out how to use a shrouded barrel like the SB-X threaded barrel with the HTA 90/22 stock?
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] Print 
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length