Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2017, 01:25:54 AM
Home Home Help Calendar Login Register
News:        2017 NRA Annual Meetings and Exhibits       -       27 through 30, April, 2017       -       Atlanta, Georgia

Please support BullpupForum.com sponsors!!
. . . Midwest Industries . . . BullpupArmory.com . . . Shooting Sight . . . BullpupUnlimited.com . . . Homeland Guns . . . . . . . . . . . . AB Arms . . . GallowayPrecision.com . . . K & M Arms . . . . . . Geissele Automatics
+  BULLPUP FORUM
|-+  Bullpup Rifles (Auto & Semi-Auto Centerfire)
| |-+  IWI Tavor & X-95
| | |-+  Group Buy: OSS Suppressor Systems
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 9 Print
Author Topic: Group Buy: OSS Suppressor Systems  (Read 75760 times)
bassybob
^

« Reply #20 on: August 22, 2014, 07:40:07 PM »

In, pending final cost.

Tavor 16.5"
One System 16-76
One extra FHMB 5.56
One extra FHMB 7.62
Scotty G

« Reply #21 on: August 29, 2014, 05:58:56 PM »

I'm in.

Tavor 16"

5.56 and 7.62 FHMB, SRM4, SOFH

Thanks, PM sent.

Scotty G
coolhand77
^

« Reply #22 on: August 30, 2014, 08:10:42 PM »

INterested, pending final cost

Tavor 16"
one 16-76
full system.

Crap, never mind, won't have enough money to send in for the deposit by the cut off date.  Oh well...I'll get one eventually.

edit again: scratch that, I forgot it was only August...and I have a month of 60 hour work weeks coming up...might be able to swing it still.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2014, 10:43:09 PM by coolhand77 » Logged
Hoax001
^

« Reply #23 on: September 18, 2014, 11:58:43 AM »

I'm in for the 16.5" version.. wish it were in FDE
Hoax001
^

« Reply #24 on: September 18, 2014, 12:04:32 PM »

In.

What will the difference between a TAVOR only suppressor and a regular one that is mountable on any 5.56 platform?

To be honest, I'd prefer to have the suppressor that is mountable to more than one gun but I understand that's now what this group buy is about.

The "over the barrel" design is too long for the 16.5" Tavor (4.5 Inches). This version fits the shorter barrel (2.75"). Also, you should be able to use this on multiple guns. All you will have to do is purchase an inexpensive OSS flash hider. I just spoke to the rep and they are still waiting for approval.
genStrat
^
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #25 on: September 18, 2014, 01:24:54 PM »

In.

What will the difference between a TAVOR only suppressor and a regular one that is mountable on any 5.56 platform?

To be honest, I'd prefer to have the suppressor that is mountable to more than one gun but I understand that's now what this group buy is about.

The "over the barrel" design is too long for the 16.5" Tavor (4.5 Inches). This version fits the shorter barrel (2.75"). Also, you should be able to use this on multiple guns. All you will have to do is purchase an inexpensive OSS flash hider. I just spoke to the rep and they are still waiting for approval.

"Tavor only" is better served when stated as "tuned for the Tavor". This means the internal structure has been adjusted to provide the best performance for the Tavor. It can be used on other firearms as long as the FHMB can be properly installed and is compatible with the BPR1 (BPR1 is the "over the barrel" design) for that Tavor. Performance will not be tuned for non Tavor firearms, but there is not supposed to be a noticeable difference. As stated elsewhere, the design for the Tavor has turned out to be the best performing product of any produced by OSS to date.

The 16.5" Tavor requires the BPR1200 and the compatible FHMB for the BPR1200. While the 18" Tavor can use the BPR1200 (and associated FHMB for the BPR1200), there is a BPR1275 and a compatible FHMB for the BPR1275 that allows for a shorter OAL than the BPR1200. The BPR1425 and FHMB for the BPR1425 is not compatible with the Tavor, but is common to many other firearms. OSS does tune their suppressors to specific makes and models of firearms.

As for the "OSS flash hider" being inexpensive, the FHMB (the flash hider muzzle break required for the suppressor system) is listed in the $300-$350 range on the OSS site. There has been some confusion with the Bannar Alpha flash hider muzzle break listed at $130. The Bannar Alpha is a muzzle device that will not serve as the attachment point for the OSS suppressor system. The ATF classification for the FHMB is still under review, but it only effects the stand-alone purchase not its use/availability with the complete suppressor system. This has been discussed previously in the "Tavor Suppressor System (OSS - Operators Suppressors Systems)":

http://bullpupforum.com/index.php?topic=5616.msg58613#msg58613

The Tavor specific 5.56 (tuned, BRP1200 and BPR1275) OSS suppressor systems are currently in production. If I remember, they are in the process of being engraved. None have hit the marketplace, none have been available for purchase and none have been sent out as demos for any purpose. The 9mm OSS suppressor systems are in development and expected to be out at the end of September 2014.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2014, 03:28:40 PM by genStrat » Logged

Our duty: To honor, serve and protect those who protect us
Artcigar
New Posting Member

« Reply #26 on: September 27, 2014, 07:38:35 PM »

Definelty interested, have a 7.62 on stamp wait for my Repr, but was afraid to get one for my Tavor due to the length issue.  Having issues getting to the price page.  How do I get there?  Assuming I can afford it I am in for the 16.5 in with the SRM6.  And possibly an extra FHmB for a standard m4.
magus

Pew! Pew!

« Reply #27 on: September 30, 2014, 07:37:55 AM »

I had opportunity to shoot it this weekend at the BPF convention and it. is. awesome.  Wicked quiet, and very noticeably quieter with just the back pressure regulator installed while eating all of the muzzle blast.  If you shoot indoors, this is a dream. 

Hank strange and several 'tubers should have vids out on it soon. 
NWGlocker

« Reply #28 on: October 01, 2014, 11:36:04 PM »

I'm in, depending on total cost (not including all the tax stuff)

Tavor 16.5"
One System 16-56

PM to be sent
Trip5896
^

« Reply #29 on: October 02, 2014, 10:27:57 AM »

I'm in as well pending final price...

Model 16-76
1 556 FHMB
1 SOFH
macgyverhk
^

« Reply #30 on: October 04, 2014, 08:58:48 AM »

Do we know the status of the BATF review of the FHMB? I would prefer to purchase this suppressor and use it on various host guns.
genStrat
^
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #31 on: October 04, 2014, 10:13:50 AM »

There are many waiting on a resolution to the BATFE re-classification of the OSS FHMB. To date, I have been unable to get a status update. The best I have been able to get is that a request to reclassify the FHMB has been before the BATFE for over 90 days with no response.

The only feedback I have gotten is (1) 90 days is a long time for a response meaning a change is likely in process and (2) this is a similar process other suppressor manufacturers have gone through with their suppressor muzzle attachment devices. I don't have direct experience with either.

I do believe that the BATFE will move as fast or as slow as they desire and there is nothing anyone can do to change the process; i.e. the answer will come when it comes.

I do understand anyone purchasing the suppressor would prefer to get the maximum use possible from the system. I will work on this issue again (as I do most weeks) next week and try to get a definitive answer or at least one on which everyone can make a decision. If I can't get a definitive answer, I will say so and provide options.

genStrat
^
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #32 on: October 04, 2014, 10:34:09 AM »

If you have submitted your form(s) and have not gotten access to the private board, please PM me.

genStrat
^
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #33 on: October 07, 2014, 05:03:05 PM »

FHMB and BATFE Classification

The FHMB (flash hider muzzle break) attachment device for the OSS Suppressor System is currently classified as a suppressor part. As a result, it is subject to Title II (NFA) regulations and laws when sold as a separate component.

OSS Mission submitted paperwork to the BATFE 90+ days ago to get the FHMB reclassified. To date, this has gone without resolution or comment from the BATFE. It is unknown when or if this classification will change. Thus far, it has not been denied.

For the stand-alone FHMBs as non-NFA firearms/devices, submit the configuration and quantity requests with your form(s.) Pre-orders and payment for the stand-alone FHMBs will not be accepted as has been the case to date. When the FHMBs become available as non-NFA firearms/devices, Group Buy pricing will be honored. You will have an opportunity at that time to commit to an order for the optional FHMBs you specified on the form(s.)

This is not ideal. This does provide clarity to those participating (or considering participation) in the Group Buy. It doesn't make decisions any easier and it is likely to prevent some from making a purchase at this time. It is, however, the best that can be done absent the reclassification of the FHMB. When making your decisions, keep in mind the many advantages of the OSS Suppressor System beyond signature reduction and all its contemporary competitors. If there are any questions or concerns, please PM genStrat or post in the main thread "Tavor Suppressor System (OSS - Operators Suppressor Systems)."

OSS Mission will sell extra FHMBs, but each will be subject to Title II (NFA) paperwork and taxes. If you want to purchase the FHMB under Title II (NFA) requirements, please PM genStrat for pricing and details.

genStrat
^
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #34 on: October 07, 2014, 05:04:36 PM »

New Products

New products to be added to the Group Buy include:

• Flush mount suppressor systems using BPR2 (in production)
  • Bannar Alpha muzzle device
  • Bannar Bravo muzzle device

As soon as the product details are finalized, they will be listed within the appropriate post of this topic/thread.

Items to help install and maintain the suppressor system are also planned:

• Installation/maintenance tool (a single, one piece tool, in production)
  • Cleaning/maintenance kit(s)
« Last Edit: October 07, 2014, 09:58:54 PM by genStrat » Logged

Gear Head
^
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #35 on: October 08, 2014, 07:52:38 PM »

FHMB and BATFE Classification

The FHMB (flash hider muzzle break) attachment device for the OSS Suppressor System is currently classified as a suppressor part. As a result, it is subject to Title II (NFA) regulations and laws when sold as a separate component.

OSS Mission submitted paperwork to the BATFE 90+ days ago to get the FHMB reclassified. To date, this has gone without resolution or comment from the BATFE. It is unknown when or if this classification will change. Thus far, it has not been denied.

For the stand-alone FHMBs as non-NFA firearms/devices, submit the configuration and quantity requests with your form(s.) Pre-orders and payment for the stand-alone FHMBs will not be accepted as has been the case to date. When the FHMBs become available as non-NFA firearms/devices, Group Buy pricing will be honored. You will have an opportunity at that time to commit to an order for the optional FHMBs you specified on the form(s.)

This is not ideal. This does provide clarity to those participating (or considering participation) in the Group Buy. It doesn't make decisions any easier and it is likely to prevent some from making a purchase at this time. It is, however, the best that can be done absent the reclassification of the FHMB. When making your decisions, keep in mind the many advantages of the OSS Suppressor System beyond signature reduction and all its contemporary competitors. If there are any questions or concerns, please PM genStrat or post in the main thread "Tavor Suppressor System (OSS - Operators Suppressor Systems)."

OSS Mission will sell extra FHMBs, but each will be subject to Title II (NFA) paperwork and taxes. If you want to purchase the FHMB under Title II (NFA) requirements, please PM genStrat for pricing and details.

This really sucks. I was about to add an additional FHMB to my want list for a new rifle. Stupid BATFE

The second Amendment is the last line of defense for the 1st.

Gear Head Works' products are leading the way in innovative designs. Click the globe icon below my Avatar to visit www.gearheadworks.com
genStrat
^
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #36 on: October 08, 2014, 10:03:33 PM »

This really sucks. I was about to add an additional FHMB to my want list for a new rifle. Stupid BATFE

It does!
However, I could not let it go any longer without making a definitive statement on the subject.
It is too important.

In essence nothing has changed on the classification since the Group Buy started. And that is the problem in addition to no further comments or even a current status. The reclassification could happen tomorrow, next week or next month, but I have no basis from which to say it will happen or it will happen in that time frame. This was the only way to make it clear and fair to those making a purchase decision.

I will continue to inquire of the status through OSS and to update any progress or change. In the mean time, the best I can do is get configurations and quantities for when/if it does change.

If you have questions or concerns, you can PM me.
I will do my best to answer.

UPDATE
The one thing that will help me is to address one of the following based upon a favorable FHMB classification:

• If you are still ordering, let me know what your order would have been
  • If you are no longer ordering, let me know why and what your order would have been

This I can pass along to the appropriate people.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2014, 10:21:43 PM by genStrat » Logged

cultgti
^

« Reply #37 on: October 11, 2014, 11:26:40 PM »

When will there officially be a group buy price behind this suppressor.  Sorry if this has been answered I must have missed it.
kwesi

« Reply #38 on: October 12, 2014, 06:28:50 PM »

cultgti: you need to PM genStrat to get the link that will provide prices/options.
genStrat
^
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #39 on: October 14, 2014, 03:30:14 PM »

Payments via Credit/Debit Card

Last week, payments began being collected via credit and debit cards. Due to the pricing structure of the products, these payment methods will be subject to a modest processing fee. Specifics can be found in the private board. All other previously stated payment methods are still accepted free of any similar processing fee.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 9 Print 
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length