Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 25, 2017, 08:15:03 AM
Home Home Help Calendar Login Register
News:

Please support BullpupForum.com sponsors!!
. . . Midwest Industries . . . BullpupArmory.com . . . Shooting Sight . . . BullpupUnlimited.com . . . Homeland Guns . . . . . . . . . . . . AB Arms . . . GallowayPrecision.com . . . K & M Arms . . . . . . Geissele Automatics
+  BULLPUP FORUM
|-+  Bullpup Rifles (Auto & Semi-Auto Centerfire)
| |-+  IWI Tavor & X-95
| | |-+  Group Buy: OSS Suppressor Systems
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] Print
Author Topic: Group Buy: OSS Suppressor Systems  (Read 82399 times)
Capnsnack
^

« Reply #160 on: October 02, 2015, 07:04:28 PM »

I'm wondering where he saw the OSS for $795?!
MikeSmith
^

« Reply #161 on: October 02, 2015, 08:26:16 PM »

From the pictures it looks like it could be a Gen 4, which might explain the good price, but they're still showing it on their web site:

http://www.capitolarmory.com/oss-762-suppressor-bpr1275-srm6.html

Somebody confirmed it includes the FHMB, so it's the complete system.  I really wish I could grab this now to go on my future AR-10 type sniper setup!
Capnsnack
^

« Reply #162 on: October 03, 2015, 07:46:24 PM »

Has everyone been really happy with their purchase?  I ordered on and will get the thread adaptor to put it on my Tavor hopefully. Looks like the thread adaptor may give it enough room to be able to fit. Otherwise it will go on my SR15 for now.
bassybob
^

« Reply #163 on: October 04, 2015, 03:09:25 PM »

Cap,

The answer to your question is "no" to the group buy process and "I don't know" to the OSS suppressor. Here's why: I, as well as others, ordered a 7.62 suppressor and received a 5.56 suppressor. I have contacted genStrat and OSS directly multiple times with no resolution, to date. I have been told to not use the 5.56 suppressor that I have in my possession due to the possibility that I may actually receive the 7.62 suppressor that I ordered and paid additional dollars for almost a year ago. I am disappointed in the whole process and will not deal with OSS again, depending on the outcome of this mess. At this point, the group buy and/or OSS personnel have not taken responsibility for the problem and made it right.
Capnsnack
^

« Reply #164 on: October 04, 2015, 05:30:54 PM »

Cap,

The answer to your question is "no" to the group buy process and "I don't know" to the OSS suppressor. Here's why: I, as well as others, ordered a 7.62 suppressor and received a 5.56 suppressor. I have contacted genStrat and OSS directly multiple times with no resolution, to date. I have been told to not use the 5.56 suppressor that I have in my possession due to the possibility that I may actually receive the 7.62 suppressor that I ordered and paid additional dollars for almost a year ago. I am disappointed in the whole process and will not deal with OSS again, depending on the outcome of this mess. At this point, the group buy and/or OSS personnel have not taken responsibility for the problem and made it right.

Wow. That makes me want to cancel my order asap. These guys don't exactly sound like they want civilian money.
bassybob
^

« Reply #165 on: October 04, 2015, 06:10:54 PM »

Every time I have called OSS and spoken to a rep, they have told me OSS is a great company and will do the right thing to fix this issue. Well, it's been almost a year since the group buy was started and they have not. Their VP of sales said he would check with genStrat and call me, but he has not. I really want to like the company and products, but, at least so far, their customer service falls short. I hope they step up.
MikeSmith
^

« Reply #166 on: October 05, 2015, 08:22:09 PM »

All indications I have seen tell me that the company is experiencing pretty typical new company/start-up growing pains... They seem to have left marketing/sales/customer service as the last piece of the puzzle to set up.

However, whoever runs their FaceBook page promised me that they have a big roll-out planned over the next few months cumulating at SHOT, so if you have any patience left maybe there's hope that things will improve soon...?  Smiley
bassybob
^

« Reply #167 on: October 06, 2015, 07:03:38 PM »

Mike, Thanks for the update. I have lost some patience with this deal, but have not given up hope. At least, not yet.
MikeSmith
^

« Reply #168 on: October 11, 2015, 08:18:07 PM »

If anybody has had their eyes on this, FYI they've got it at $595 right now... maybe they're cleaning out their inventory of the Gen 4 stuff?  I dunno... but I couldn't resist!  Grin

From the pictures it looks like it could be a Gen 4, which might explain the good price, but they're still showing it on their web site:

Somebody confirmed it includes the FHMB, so it's the complete system.  I really wish I could grab this now to go on my future AR-10 type sniper setup!
freefallindan
^

« Reply #169 on: October 12, 2015, 07:04:23 AM »

Could someone briefly summarize the difference between gen 4 and newer tech?
Capnsnack
^

« Reply #170 on: October 22, 2015, 11:27:57 AM »

Looks like I just got the last one they were blowing out!  Can't wait to see this bad boy perform in person.

If anybody has had their eyes on this, FYI they've got it at $595 right now... maybe they're cleaning out their inventory of the Gen 4 stuff?  I dunno... but I couldn't resist!  Grin

MikeSmith
^

« Reply #171 on: October 26, 2015, 07:02:18 PM »

I don't know much, but at the very least there appears to be a change to the front end.

Another change I notice in pictures (not sure if it's a Gen 4 vs Gen 5 feature, but it might be) is the flash hider/muzzle break.  I'd guess that's due to the ATF giving them trouble about it needing to be serialized and have a separate stamp if sold separately, but that's just a guess and nothing more.  Obviously most buyers want the option of moving the suppressor from one gun to another without moving the FHMB, so I'm sure they had to resolve the issue one way or another.
Slateman
^
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #172 on: February 04, 2016, 09:18:44 AM »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DCzo1z4EcLg
cultgti
^

« Reply #173 on: February 23, 2016, 09:00:06 AM »

Does this worry any one from the group buy? http://soldiersystems.net/2016/02/22/russ-oliver-resigns/
coolhand77
^

« Reply #174 on: March 07, 2016, 07:30:37 AM »

not worried, just giving up.  I never got the RMA to swap out my core, so I am stuck with a 1 caliber only OSS unlike the .30 I paid for.   Guess I am never doing business with them again...
MikeSmith
^

« Reply #175 on: April 06, 2016, 11:22:42 PM »

I never circled back to this conversation when I got more information about this--posted it elsewhere but forgot about this thread.  Basically, a sales rep told me that the primary differences between Gen 4 and Gen 5 involve how the front piece attaches as well as a new front piece design.  The FHMB looks different and the Gen 5 is not backwards compatible with Gen 4.  However, after studying the assembly instructions I wonder if that only applies to the flush-mount version and not to the over-the-barrel version?

I was satisfied enough with the answer to order two Gen 4 products at a great closeout price.  Still in ATF lockup, though... Sad
Tommytavor

« Reply #176 on: September 24, 2016, 02:54:39 PM »

Did anyone recieve a 308 inner's  and would they like to sell it?

Thom

NRA Lifer
AZCDL
A politician is a fellow who wants you to lay down your life for his country.
STFU
New Posting Member

« Reply #177 on: September 29, 2016, 09:27:37 PM »

I realize this is an old thread but...

Do any of you who actually bought the suppressor have pic of the internals fully disassembled?
I have the OSS TAV-SD (BPR1200/SRM6).  I have disassembled to this point but I think it breaks down further?

Any pics, diagrams, instructions would be helpful.

* IMAG0859e.jpg (434.22 KB, 2688x1520 - viewed 178 times.)
« Last Edit: September 29, 2016, 09:32:00 PM by STFU » Logged
Gear Head
^
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #178 on: October 02, 2016, 11:39:38 AM »

I realize this is an old thread but...

Do any of you who actually bought the suppressor have pic of the internals fully disassembled?
I have the OSS TAV-SD (BPR1200/SRM6).  I have disassembled to this point but I think it breaks down further?

Any pics, diagrams, instructions would be helpful.

That is as far as I have taken mine apart and I do not believe they intend for it to come apart any further by us.

The second Amendment is the last line of defense for the 1st.

Gear Head Works' products are leading the way in innovative designs. Click the globe icon below my Avatar to visit www.gearheadworks.com
STFU
New Posting Member

« Reply #179 on: October 13, 2016, 03:16:30 PM »

Thanks for the reply.
I actually got just a bit further without forcing it (lots of blast buildup though).

* IMAG1039e.jpg (583.97 KB, 1344x760 - viewed 136 times.)

* IMAG1030e.jpg (227.32 KB, 1071x760 - viewed 129 times.)
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] Print 
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length