Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 21, 2017, 09:43:19 PM
Home Home Help Calendar Login Register
News:

Please support BullpupForum.com sponsors!!
. . . Midwest Industries . . . BullpupArmory.com . . . Shooting Sight . . . BullpupUnlimited.com . . . Homeland Guns . . . . . . . . . . . . AB Arms . . . GallowayPrecision.com . . . K & M Arms . . . . . . Geissele Automatics
+  BULLPUP FORUM
|-+  Bullpup Rifles (Auto & Semi-Auto Centerfire)
| |-+  K&M Arms M17S 5.56 and .308
| | |-+  .308 version
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5 Print
Author Topic: .308 version  (Read 55780 times)
Gsp11
^

« on: July 07, 2014, 07:49:46 AM »

Anyone know when the .308 version will be available?
srfnken
^

« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2014, 08:53:50 AM »

Prototype by the end of the year and production units planned for the first quarter of 2015
Rabies

« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2014, 04:37:42 PM »

This is great news! I am sure glad you are attempting to bring another .308 bullpup to the market, and am happy you are keeping us updated.

-Best of luck
SHORT-N-SASSY
^
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2014, 12:49:28 PM »

Prototype by the end of the year and production units planned for the first quarter of 2015

"I Get Ideas"

Oh, the possibilities with the larger .308 Winchester/7.62x51mm platform. I can't help but get caught up in the excitement of it all!

'Ran a downrange ballistics comparison against one possibility: uses the same bolt face and magazine (respective muzzle velocities, from 16" barrels):

Gsp11
^

« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2014, 09:35:22 AM »

Any thoughts on price?  Will these be available for pre order?
Thanks for the update. Really looking for a .308 bullpup .
srfnken
^

« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2014, 11:21:08 PM »

No price point yet, still need to build the prototype to see where cost will be.  And yes when I get closer there will be a pre order list started.  Those that have purchased a 5.56 model get first on the list though.
srfnken
^

« Reply #6 on: August 02, 2014, 05:24:06 PM »

One of the other threads here is starting to have some activity about the 7.62/308 so I should probably post here that I am almost finished with the design and will.start making prototype parts in the next couple of weeks.  Got my 9310 comming for the bolt already, and have barrel blanks in the shop already.  Other materials are already on order.  Is there ever time to sleep?
Mefisto53
^

?

« Reply #7 on: August 02, 2014, 05:56:03 PM »

One of the other threads here is starting to have some activity about the 7.62/308 so I should probably post here that I am almost finished with the design and will.start making prototype parts in the next couple of weeks.  Got my 9310 comming for the bolt already, and have barrel blanks in the shop already.  Other materials are already on order.  Is there ever time to sleep?

I congratulate you for bringing a new Bullpup to the market. Is there a timeframe for a 300BLK upper or a lefty 5.56?

----------
NRA Life Member
Tavor: FDE 16", lefty conversion.
SS trigger, Gearhead flex and full length Razorback with the LWRC's BUIS, Manticore's ARClight (short) fore end with the Fortis Shift Vertical Grip and a Banner break (the one that was a group buy here).
srfnken
^

« Reply #8 on: August 02, 2014, 06:04:43 PM »

I have 300 blk blanks now but the chamber reamers are not found anywhere so I had to order one. 6-8 weeks for the reamer to show.  So I started on the 308. I built a prototype of the left handed 5.56 and sold it. But sales of the right hand version will drive when I do a production run of left hand bolts.  I need the cash to justify doing a run of 100 left hand bolts.
Mefisto53
^

?

« Reply #9 on: August 02, 2014, 06:20:14 PM »

I have 300 blk blanks now but the chamber reamers are not found anywhere so I had to order one. 6-8 weeks for the reamer to show.  So I started on the 308. I built a prototype of the left handed 5.56 and sold it. But sales of the right hand version will drive when I do a production run of left hand bolts.  I need the cash to justify doing a run of 100 left hand bolts.

Ah, I understand. Do you know of any southpaws using the rifles that I can contact for comments?

----------
NRA Life Member
SS trigger, Gearhead flex and full length Razorback with the LWRC's BUIS, Manticore's ARClight (short) fore end with the Fortis Shift Vertical Grip and a Banner break (the one that was a group buy here).
srfnken
^

« Reply #10 on: August 02, 2014, 06:25:19 PM »

Sorry I do not
Mefisto53
^

?

« Reply #11 on: August 02, 2014, 06:27:21 PM »

Sorry I do not

Ok. What I'll do is to start a new thread here on this subject to see if there are any southpaws users of your bull pup.

----------
NRA Life Member
Rahatto
^

« Reply #12 on: August 08, 2014, 01:24:55 PM »

I would be VERY interested if this 308 version of M17 is a contender to the Desert Tech 308.

- If you are always looking at the big picture, you are never
concentrating on the front sight post.
- The well of stupidity has no bottom.
srfnken
^

« Reply #13 on: August 08, 2014, 01:31:50 PM »

I can tell you 3 things.  I will be in production before them. My bolt will be stronger than theirs and my price point will be way under theirs.  I would also venture to say my trigger will be better and my overall weight will be lighter.  But the last 2 are just speculation.
Mefisto53
^

?

« Reply #14 on: August 08, 2014, 01:48:31 PM »

I can tell you 3 things.  I will be in production before them. My bolt will be stronger than theirs and my price point will be way under theirs.  I would also venture to say my trigger will be better and my overall weight will be lighter.  But the last 2 are just speculation.

If I could only focus better with my right eye, I would have placed an order already for your rifle!

----------
NRA Life Member
Rahatto
^

« Reply #15 on: August 09, 2014, 11:44:36 PM »

@srfnken
 I truely hope everything comes true for both our benefit. I hope your able to post pictures of the 308 soon  Grin. I'm sure many people are bothering you dailey for those. Will you 308 us magpul style pmags or metric, and will your 308 be styled to match your 5.56 model? Sorry if these are old questions I just have not read the answers to those questions.

srfnken
^

« Reply #16 on: August 10, 2014, 12:17:05 AM »

So I just recently even started the design of the 308.  I am hoping to have a prototype done at the end of September.  Yes it will be patterened after the 5.56 model, but the upper will have a little different design to the upper so you can tell them apart from pictures.  It will have all the same features as the 5.56 like an adjustable trigger, ar pistol grip, magpul mags and a triangular bolt.  It will use standard dpms firing pin and bolt parts like ejector and extractor.  So pictures are still a bit premature.  You have to remember I am trying to do design and prototype in a 2 month time frame plus still trying to get the 5.56 out the door.
Rahatto
^

« Reply #17 on: September 26, 2014, 12:16:30 AM »

Does/ will the .308 heat up the front fore grip furnature similar to the M17S? I would think the 308 would heat that front end up faster then the 5.56. If the 308 had a heavy or bull barrel that was flutted even that barrel would get untouchable after 2 or 3 mags. The front furnature would to hot to handle without a vertical grip. I for one am interested in how you handle (no pun intended) the frontend heat issue.

srfnken
^

« Reply #18 on: September 26, 2014, 12:22:43 AM »

We will see how it fairs after I get some lead down range.  Here is the prototype version that will be with me at the show this weekend.

* KM Arms 762.jpg (134.89 KB, 1358x768 - viewed 932 times.)
Rahatto
^

« Reply #19 on: September 27, 2014, 04:38:39 PM »

OOooo Thats pretty investigate. I hope everything works out.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5 Print 
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length