Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
August 04, 2020, 04:15:12 PM
Home Home Help Calendar Login Register
News:

Please support BullpupForum.com sponsors!!
. . . Midwest Industries . . . BullpupArmory.com . . . Shooting Sight . . . BullpupUnlimited.com . . . Homeland Guns . . . . . . . . . . . . Desert Tech . . . GallowayPrecision.com . . . K & M Arms . . . . . . Geissele Automatics
+  BULLPUP FORUM
|-+  General Category
| |-+  General Discussion
| | |-+  Long Island Man Arrested For Defending Home With AK-47
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Long Island Man Arrested For Defending Home With AK-47  (Read 2897 times)
Sgt_P
Administrator
Bullpup Fanatic

SEMPER FIDELIS

« on: September 08, 2010, 08:27:09 AM »

http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2010/09/07/long-island-man-arrested-for-defending-home-with-ak-47/

Long story, shortened:
Grier legally owns an AK, is threatened by gang members at his home, fires four rounds into his yard to ward off the attackers, and is arrested for a D felony-reckless endangerment.

From the article:
You may think a person has the right to defend their home. But the law says you can only use physical force to deter physical force. Grier said he never saw anyone pull out a gun, so a court would have to decide on firing the gun.
Police determined Grier had the gun legally. He has no criminal record. And so he was not charged for the weapon.

I'm not sure I would have fired off rounds at that point, but I wasn't the one defending my family and home from gang members.  So the decision was his, and he did what he thought he had to do...

"Retreat, hell we just got here!" 
Capt L Williams, USMC, WWI (Belleau Wood)
lobster

« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2010, 09:18:39 AM »

If he was in fear for his life , that could be reason enough. If he is "ALLOWED" to have a jury trial he may get it squashed
Sgt_P
Administrator
Bullpup Fanatic

SEMPER FIDELIS

« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2010, 10:00:51 AM »

I couldn't find a good update to this story.
But from one article, there was a comment from someone that seemed to know about Grier's community, and he stated that Grier was not charged with a gun crime...

"Retreat, hell we just got here!" 
Capt L Williams, USMC, WWI (Belleau Wood)
Pages: [1] Print 
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length