Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 24, 2017, 07:11:53 AM
Home Home Help Calendar Login Register
News:

Please support BullpupForum.com sponsors!!
. . . Midwest Industries . . . BullpupArmory.com . . . Shooting Sight . . . BullpupUnlimited.com . . . Homeland Guns . . . . . . . . . . . . AB Arms . . . GallowayPrecision.com . . . K & M Arms . . . . . . Geissele Automatics
+  BULLPUP FORUM
|-+  Bullpup Rifles (Auto & Semi-Auto Centerfire)
| |-+  K&M Arms M17S 5.56 and .308
| | |-+  Introducing the new M17S556!
Pages: [1] 2 3 Print
Author Topic: Introducing the new M17S556!  (Read 35898 times)
Sgt_P
Administrator
Bullpup Fanatic

SEMPER FIDELIS

« on: May 26, 2014, 11:20:53 PM »

As you can probably see from the forums listings, I've reorganized the M17S section to highlight that K&M Arms is introducing the M17S556 (with additional calibers to soon follow...)

These new all aluminum chassis Bullpups are going out soon!  It is a testiment to Ken's hard work, and true proof that Bullpups can have a great trigger!!

Congrats to K&M Arms!!

"Retreat, hell we just got here!" 
Capt L Williams, USMC, WWI (Belleau Wood)
srfnken
^

« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2014, 08:51:03 AM »

Production shipments will start rolling out the door next week.  After a couple bumps in the road with a barrel supplier I am now back on track and everything is lined up for shipping.  There will be some in stock in the next 2 weeks or you can still reserve your spot with a deposit.
www.kmarms.com
Snapperhead363
Global Moderator
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2014, 11:53:47 AM »

cheer leader blasting cheer leader blasting cheer leader blasting cheer leader blasting cheer leader blasting

NRA Life Member   Bullpup Fanatic Glock Armorer  Owner of Homeland Guns.1-740-820-GUNS
mr sam

« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2014, 02:54:28 AM »

so does this m17 have direct impingement or is it a gas piston?
srfnken
^

« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2014, 08:22:22 AM »

Gas piston.  Check out the website. www.kmarms.com
racky
^

« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2014, 08:36:16 AM »

Hey Guys, I handled & dry fired the new K&M M17s, a few months ago @ the phoenix gun show (Cross Roads), its got great ergonomics & a superb 3.5lb trigger!!!!
bk2basx
^

« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2014, 07:14:36 PM »

Are M17s gonna be available at local level or will they need to be directly ordered from K&M?
srfnken
^

« Reply #7 on: June 08, 2014, 07:16:35 PM »

Direct for now.
Snapperhead363
Global Moderator
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #8 on: June 08, 2014, 07:37:53 PM »

I can't wait to get my hands on that New K&M Arms M17s! YouTube review coming soon!

NRA Life Member   Bullpup Fanatic Glock Armorer  Owner of Homeland Guns.1-740-820-GUNS
rlf57

« Reply #9 on: June 11, 2014, 07:17:55 PM »

Just picked my new M17S556 up from my local gun dealer. Looks & feels great. Much lighter than my Bushmaster M17S. I will report back after I get to take it to the range.
skippy45

« Reply #10 on: June 13, 2014, 11:32:46 AM »

Still waiting for mine... I hope mine will be shipped in the next few days. Huh?

rlf57

« Reply #11 on: June 13, 2014, 06:54:29 PM »

I put 300 rounds thru it at lunch. It shot great. Best trigger feel of any of my bullpup rifles. Also breaks down for cleaning very easy. Tried four different brands of magazines and only had 1 jam, it was an old surplus metal magazine. I am very happy with the quality and function of the rifle.
rlf57

« Reply #12 on: June 13, 2014, 07:01:55 PM »

Here are a couple of pictures. It came with a very nice discreet soft case.

* image.jpg (291.11 KB, 1632x918 - viewed 1611 times.)

* image.jpg (289.04 KB, 1632x918 - viewed 1008 times.)
Dogslayer

« Reply #13 on: June 13, 2014, 07:05:30 PM »

I picked up mine a few days ago. I will be up at the range tomorrow and post a report on
function and accuracy asap.

Dogslayer
Mefisto53
^

?

« Reply #14 on: June 14, 2014, 07:44:07 PM »

I picked up mine a few days ago. I will be up at the range tomorrow and post a report on
function and accuracy asap.

Dogslayer

If possible, give us a comparison against the Tavor.

Thanks!

----------
NRA Life Member
Tavor: FDE 16", lefty conversion.
SS trigger, Gearhead flex and full length Razorback with the LWRC's BUIS, Manticore's ARClight (short) fore end with the Fortis Shift Vertical Grip and a Banner break (the one that was a group buy here).
Snapperhead363
Global Moderator
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #15 on: June 14, 2014, 10:43:10 PM »

Grrrrrr! I had to hold off the shipping of mine due to a trip! I will have mine next week!

Dogslayer

« Reply #16 on: June 15, 2014, 06:33:45 PM »

Went up to the range yesterday with the M17s.  I put a Nikon 6-18x40 scope on it to test some loads
for accuracy.  There were no failures to feed, fire, extract or eject. The wind was gusting from about 5 to
15 mph. The best group at 100 yds was .80". The worst was about 2". All loads were either 55 grain FMJ
or 53 grain Sierra HP Match. The best groups were obviously shot with the Sierra bullets. The loads were
not anywhere near max. I chronographed all shots and will load some a bit hotter for the next trip.
As far as a comparison with the Tavor, I have handled one that a friend owns but never shot it.
The Tavor is not convenient to mount a light on unless you use one that has an adhesive pressure switch.
On the M17s,  you can mount one on the rail on the left side of the upper and the push button switch is
easy to reach with your thumb, while still maintaining your hand on the grip. As far as triggers are concerned,
much has been written about the trigger pull on the Tavor, none of it good that I have read. The trigger
on my M17s is awsome, light and smooth. The Tavors plastic chassis works, obviously,  but I do not like
the look of it, IMHO. The M17s looks badass, will look better with an Eotech than with the huge Nikon.
It was definitely worth the wait!

Dogslayer
Mefisto53
^

?

« Reply #17 on: June 15, 2014, 06:52:21 PM »

Went up to the range yesterday with the M17s.  I put a Nikon 6-18x40 scope on it to test some loads
for accuracy.  There were no failures to feed, fire, extract or eject. The wind was gusting from about 5 to
15 mph. The best group at 100 yds was .80". The worst was about 2". All loads were either 55 grain FMJ
or 53 grain Sierra HP Match. The best groups were obviously shot with the Sierra bullets. The loads were
not anywhere near max. I chronographed all shots and will load some a bit hotter for the next trip.
As far as a comparison with the Tavor, I have handled one that a friend owns but never shot it.
The Tavor is not convenient to mount a light on unless you use one that has an adhesive pressure switch.
On the M17s,  you can mount one on the rail on the left side of the upper and the push button switch is
easy to reach with your thumb, while still maintaining your hand on the grip. As far as triggers are concerned,
much has been written about the trigger pull on the Tavor, none of it good that I have read. The trigger
on my M17s is awsome, light and smooth. The Tavors plastic chassis works, obviously,  but I do not like
the look of it, IMHO. The M17s looks badass, will look better with an Eotech than with the huge Nikon.
It was definitely worth the wait!

Dogslayer

Great comments!

Thanks!

----------
NRA Life Member
Tavor: FDE 16", lefty conversion.
SS trigger, Gearhead flex and full length Razorback with the LWRC's BUIS, Manticore's ARClight (short) fore end with the Fortis Shift Vertical Grip and a Banner break (the one that was a group buy here).
SHORT-N-SASSY
^
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #18 on: June 15, 2014, 09:36:40 PM »

Does your new M17S556 sport the 3-lug triangular Breech Bolt?  If so, a pic of the Bolt face would be appreciated. Thanks.
srfnken
^

« Reply #19 on: June 15, 2014, 09:42:43 PM »

It does as promised! Also if you check out my facebook page you will see one that is left handed.  I have fired it and it works just like the right hand version.
Pages: [1] 2 3 Print 
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length