Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 17, 2021, 05:09:23 PM
Home Home Help Calendar Login Register
News:

Please support BullpupForum.com sponsors!!
. . . Midwest Industries . . . BullpupArmory.com . . . Shooting Sight . . . BullpupUnlimited.com . . . Homeland Guns . . . . . . . . . . . . Desert Tech . . . GallowayPrecision.com . . . K & M Arms . . . . . . Geissele Automatics
+  BULLPUP FORUM
|-+  Bullpup Shotguns
| |-+  80's era Mossberg 500 Bullpup M500 icon
| | |-+  Mossberg Bullpup range report, Of sort.
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Mossberg Bullpup range report, Of sort.  (Read 8728 times)
VitSports6

« on: March 03, 2012, 09:49:34 PM »

I decided it would be a great day to head out to the West Desert to try my new Mossberg 500 Bullpup.

I brought along 3 types of Shot gun rounds, First was some PMC 2.75" Max  #8 steel shot, It seemed  to shoot this very well, Same with the Remington Sport Load 2.75" with 1.15oz of #7.5 shot, Both worked as they should, I may have been a little too far at 25 paces for a good grouping, But it could be the barrel as well, On a 100yd target the shot would cover the entire paper.
 At 25 paces, PMC, Covers the entire paper.

At 25 paces, Remington, Does about the same.

14 paces with Remington Makes a hole of sorts.

The Bullpup is heavy, So I think it helped out with the normal rounds, Making them very easy to shoot, The sights leave something to be desired, With a block front sight and a U shaped rear sight, The front sight blocks most things you are aiming at, I may lower the rear sight a tiny bit to give it a 6 O'Clock hold on the target.

After I went through 25 rounds of each of the 2.75" rounds, I moved on to the Rio 3" Magnums, I'm not a fan...

25 paces with 3" Magnums

I mean they did their job, But I think they have just a little too much kick for my liking, Maybe down the road when I get a little more time with them, But as of now, I will stick with the regular rounds.

Someone was nice enough to leave 3 bowling pins out there, So I tried my hand at shooting them instead of paper, They seem to be a little more active than paper.

Found some Bowling pins that I shot with the Remington rounds.

I like the Bullpup, However I do not like the grip safety, I understand why they have it, But you need to grip it just right BEFORE you attempt to pull the trigger,

Wonky Safety

Last few rounds of Mag's

Its was a great day, My shoulder still aches from shooting.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2012, 09:23:44 AM by VitSports6 » Logged

have fun
Brian
VitSports6

« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2012, 09:50:56 PM »

If you scroll over some of the short sentences, There are links at the beginning.

have fun
Brian
Sgt_P
Administrator
Bullpup Fanatic

SEMPER FIDELIS

« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2012, 10:44:31 PM »

Nice!

You might want to clean the parts to the safety.  But be careful when you take it apart, some are spring-loaded and can fly about.

« Last Edit: March 03, 2012, 10:55:13 PM by Sgt_P » Logged

"Retreat, hell we just got here!" 
Capt L Williams, USMC, WWI (Belleau Wood)
VitSports6

« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2012, 11:38:27 PM »

Thanks.
 I've already been through it once, I lubed the safety as well, It might just be me pulling the trigger too soon, But the grip safety is different than other I have seen, Maybe they are newer and Mossberg updated the safety.
Quote from: VitSports6

Grip safety and trigger, Note the spring and "L" shaped actuator.

Disabling the grip safety, I didn't, But you can, That so far is one of my gripes, You need to squeeze it just right, Some I have seen have the grip safety that is taller so the web between your thumb and finger can actuate it.

Instructions... Who needs them!

Removing the barrel is just like any other Mossberg 500, I added two new bolts to the heat shield, The two that were on there had seen some better days...

The handle is attached to the heat shield, Good or bad, Its hard to say, But it can be removed easy enough.

Sights, says it all.

Its been around, Not pristine, But it seems to still work well, I wiped it down fairly well, I still would like to clean it more, But we shall see, I may just run it a bit to see what its like first.
 About my only other gripe is the weight of it.

This is a thread I started on another forum last weekend.

have fun
Brian
BullPop

« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2012, 12:19:20 AM »

i love how the disassembly instructions are on the inside   Undecided

Illegitimus non carborundum...
VitSports6

« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2012, 12:34:42 AM »

i love how the disassembly instructions are on the inside   Undecided

Just in case  Wink
 I didn't need them, But one never knows...

have fun
Brian
Pages: [1] Print 
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length