Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 20, 2014, 05:10:47 PM
Home Home Help Calendar Login Register
News: 2015 SHOT Show                                              20-23 January, 2015                               Las Vegas, NV                              The firearms industry convention and show...                              ...will be covered by BullpupForum.com!                              Check back here for all the Bullpup action from SHOT Show 2015!               

Please support BullpupForum.com sponsors!!
Brownells . . . Midwest Industries . . . BullpupArmory.com . . . BullpupUnlimited.com . . . GallowayPrecision.com . . . . . . . . . FFL123.com . . . carhartt . . . K & M Arms
+  BULLPUP FORUM
|-+  Bullpup Rifles (Auto & Semi-Auto Centerfire)
| |-+  All Other Bullpup Rifles
| | |-+  Any AR15 based kits? Found something that could be interesting to pup...
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Any AR15 based kits? Found something that could be interesting to pup...  (Read 11479 times)
wbassett

« on: February 24, 2012, 06:33:31 PM »

Are there any AR platform bullpup kits out there?  Not a factory produced .223 pup, but a conversion kit?

The reason I ask is I just saw an AR upper that would make a perfect ambidextrous bullpup- the PW Arms AR-15, 5.7X28 Upper Receiver.  It fires the 5.7X28 round as stated and even takes P90 50 round mags!  What really makes this have interesting potential is how it ejects spent cartridges.  Since the P90 mag fits on top of the upper, there is nothing in the magwell of the lower receiver.  The spent cartridges come out of the bottom of the magwell.  So no issue firing right handed or left handed. 

The upper costs around $800 but if there is an AR based pup kit out there that can be modified for this, it could be one really cool pup!
HardShell

« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2012, 06:37:52 PM »

The limiting factor for using an AR platform as the base gun for a bullpup build is the receiver extension ("buffer tube") that extends well back behind the action and is required for MOST ARs to function.  (And preclude putting the action back far enough for a bullpup.)

I said MOST because there are some piston systems and rimfire ARs that do not require a tube/buffer/spring to operate and might be viable basis for a bullpup build.

Smiley

For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: Not of works, lest any man should boast.
wbassett

« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2012, 09:00:54 PM »

That's a good point and something I didn't think about.

I just looked at the tech details and yep it uses the buffer tube Sad 

BullPop

« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2012, 07:31:11 PM »

check this out

http://bullpupforum.com/index.php?topic=386.0

Illegitimus non carborundum...
wbassett

« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2012, 01:37:53 AM »

Yeah I saw that and it is also very interesting. 

If this upper didn't need the buffer tube it could have been a very interesting ambi option.   But that's all water under the bridge now.
G_Linx Tech
New Posting Member

« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2014, 08:55:22 AM »

Here is a design I am working on. It's basically a stock kit. It's simple, effective, and will make it easy to go back and forth between a bullpup configuration and a standard AR 15.  Smiley

* BP5AT.jpg (61.58 KB, 1132x644 - viewed 244 times.)
FS2000OD

« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2014, 09:39:28 PM »

It's a bit spendy, and not as ambi, but the ARAK-21 would be a good candidate for a bullpup AR upper, since its an AK style gas system and eliminates the need for a buffer tube.  It's also forward charging, available in right or left hand ejection, and has swapable barrels and calibers.  Just a thought.

http://www.faxonfirearms.com/

FS2000 Tactical OD
-Eotech 512 w/G33 Magnifier
-FN-H Tri-rail Forend w/ Magpul AFG2
-Urban ERT Hybrid Sling
-Neu-Trigger
-JudoChop Charging Handle

AUG A3 OD
-Troy Micro HK Style BUIS
-Manticore Switchback Charging Handle
-Urban ERT Hybrid Sling
-Neu-Trigger
-PlatATac F88 Stock Mag Pouch
longziz

« Reply #7 on: April 24, 2014, 11:53:17 AM »

But that's all water under the bridge now.

That hurts, but I deserve it.
Pages: [1] Print 
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length