Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 22, 2017, 12:27:00 AM
Home Home Help Calendar Login Register
News:

Please support BullpupForum.com sponsors!!
. . . Midwest Industries . . . BullpupArmory.com . . . Shooting Sight . . . BullpupUnlimited.com . . . Homeland Guns . . . . . . . . . . . . AB Arms . . . GallowayPrecision.com . . . K & M Arms . . . . . . Geissele Automatics
+  BULLPUP FORUM
|-+  Bullpup Shotguns
| |-+  UTAS UTS-15
| | |-+  Any Ammo Recommendation?
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: Any Ammo Recommendation?  (Read 11253 times)
bradman

Innocent Bystander

« Reply #20 on: December 18, 2015, 11:19:25 AM »

I just bought my UTS-15 and tried to cycle some shells through it in my house the night that I had purchased.  It was a real mess.  A nightmare.  Jam after jam after jam.  I called UTAS the next morning to get a RAN for a return so they could repair it.  The service technician told me that the gun would jam when cycled that way and that they expected that.  He suggested that I take the gun to the range and shoot it first, then if I was having problems, to ship it back to the factory.  Sure enough, I shot it fifty times with #8 birdshot because I didn't have any sight system yet.  Had a ball, almost no recoil to be such a light gun.  ZERO malfunctions.  I wanted to toss this in just in case anyone was cycling their gun inside like I was.  For whatever reason, it is the way they designed it.  Or, that's what he told me.  It is an awesome shotgun.   I'm waiting for my new Ergo grip and full choke from Tooth and Nail now.   My .02.

* DSC01584.JPG (520.61 KB, 2450x1171 - viewed 125 times.)

« Reply #21 on: February 12, 2016, 05:35:06 PM »

I've had absolutely zero failures just cycling at home and on the range shooting 3" magnum, 2 3/4" and even the aguila mini slugs. I have a gen 3. My rack is always swift, i hear if you half arse rack it you'll have malfunctions. I'm guessing that's why the 4th Gen has the spring assist.

* 20160210_181710.jpg (2093.37 KB, 3264x1836 - viewed 116 times.)
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length