Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 08, 2021, 01:14:55 PM
Home Home Help Calendar Login Register
News:

Please support BullpupForum.com sponsors!!
. . . Midwest Industries . . . BullpupArmory.com . . . Shooting Sight . . . BullpupUnlimited.com . . . Homeland Guns . . . . . . . . . . . . Desert Tech . . . GallowayPrecision.com . . . K & M Arms . . . . . . Geissele Automatics
+  BULLPUP FORUM
|-+  Bullpup Rifles (Auto & Semi-Auto Centerfire)
| |-+  M14/M1A Bullpup
| | |-+  AWC G2 stock value
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: AWC G2 stock value  (Read 7546 times)
DAVTSO
New Posting Member

« on: February 12, 2012, 01:01:24 AM »

So I have been out of the field for a while. Doing some cleaning out of boxes recently, I pulled out my virgin AWC G2 stock I forgot I had. I have had for some 15 years or so. I don't know what the value may be today. I know when I sold off my G2 a dozen years ago it was BIG money. The build is not difficult. Although the action cover will have to be fabed it isn't bad. Any thoughts?Huh? Should I hold on to it, build it or sell it?

Thanks

* AWC G2.JPG (66.89 KB, 640x478 - viewed 1131 times.)
bullpup45

« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2012, 08:34:39 AM »

What all do you have to go with it?   I would be interested?
Sgt_P
Administrator
Bullpup Fanatic

SEMPER FIDELIS

« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2012, 01:10:39 PM »

Hard to put a value on that.

By most reports, there were less than 100 made, and with the rifle seperated makes it even tougher...

"Retreat, hell we just got here!" 
Capt L Williams, USMC, WWI (Belleau Wood)
DAVTSO
New Posting Member

« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2012, 03:01:06 PM »

I don't have anything else. I got this stock a long time ago. It is one of less than a handful the Jim McMillan did in desert camo. At the time of acquisition I had an extensive bullpup collection. I never got around to building a G2 special to my specs with this stock. I don't own any G2s anymore. It way way too tempting when other collectors were offering $6K+ for them. I have to say it was the favorite of all my bullpups, and I pretty much had them all.

I work out of Quantico now and recently had a friend who is the armorer on base look at it to asses a new build. He said everything is drop in (trigger assy, barreled reciever etc), The trigger forward linkage and a action cover needs to be fabbed as well as a slight mod on the charging handle. He said it was all a piece of cake though. My thought was to build a more contemporary G2 now that we have rail systems and some options for the M14 that have been developed. My armorer on base said anybody could do it without a template. Jim McMillan did a fabulous jod on this design. It doesn't take much to convert.

I miss the G2. Maybe I sould just build it. I have so much going on now and many other interests, so consideration is being given to pass the project to somebody who may appreciate it more than me.
Sgt_P
Administrator
Bullpup Fanatic

SEMPER FIDELIS

« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2012, 05:18:42 PM »

You're in the right place for Bullpup fanatics.  That's the good news.
The harder news, is, it's going to take the "just right" person.
The stock alone is very unique, but a challenge with out the guts.
Which obviously effects the value...

"Retreat, hell we just got here!" 
Capt L Williams, USMC, WWI (Belleau Wood)
ROGUE

« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2012, 09:57:56 PM »

I think you should go ahead and build it..........then you can be a part of our bullpup family Wink
« Last Edit: February 23, 2012, 11:57:52 PM by ROGUE » Logged

"Don't steal...........the Government hates competition"! -Ron Paul, champion of the Constitution.

jtactical.com
Pages: [1] Print 
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length