Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 10, 2018, 01:13:01 PM
Home Home Help Calendar Login Register
News:

Please support BullpupForum.com sponsors!!
. . . Midwest Industries . . . BullpupArmory.com . . . Shooting Sight . . . BullpupUnlimited.com . . . Homeland Guns . . . . . . . . . . . . AB Arms . . . GallowayPrecision.com . . . K & M Arms . . . . . . Geissele Automatics
+  BULLPUP FORUM
|-+  Bullpup Rifles (Auto & Semi-Auto Centerfire)
| |-+  IWI TAVOR
| | |-+  IWI Tavor SAR & X-95
| | | |-+  TWA Tavor for 2012
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Print
Author Topic: TWA Tavor for 2012  (Read 46729 times)
Andygold

« Reply #40 on: March 06, 2012, 10:09:18 PM »

Not trying to start a fanboy war here.  Just trying to understand something.  I had been looking to purchase a NIB AUG, but funds are currently a little low for that.  So, I wait, while I save up!!!

With that said, I now see that the Tavor will be made and sold in the US, so that gives me another option.  I happen to like bullpups, currently owning a FNH PS90, and a Gwinn Firearms Bushmaster Arm Pistol (have owned it for 24 years Grin) along with a few non-bullpup rifles.  Another bullpup though would add nicely to my firearms collection. Smiley

So, I'm looking at the Tavor and trying to find out what differences it has in comparison to the AUG.  All I've seen so far is that it supposedly has sniper rifle accuracy (as mentioned in the Future Weapons TV show) and it uses STANAG magazines.  I'm not downplaying either, just stating these for comparison purpose.  Is there something else that makes it a more desirable weapon than the AUG?  Looks and exclusivity mean nothing to me.  I'm only interested in how the firearm performs.

Also, it seems that originally the rifle was supposed to have a intregal, built-in MARS sight.  Then I read that IWI was also using Meprolight sights.  Then I read that they were going to only have a rail.  Any ideas as to what is supposed to be available here in the US?

any thoughts as to which of the pics on this site might be what's going to be sold here in the US?
http://world.guns.ru/assault/isr/tavor-tar-21-e.html
Sgt_P
Administrator
Bullpup Fanatic

SEMPER FIDELIS

« Reply #41 on: March 06, 2012, 10:37:57 PM »

any thoughts as to which of the pics on this site might be what's going to be sold here in the US?

The bottom picture of the "partially disassembled" Canadian rifle is the closest to what will be available here.

The video on our YouTube channel from SHOT 2012 is the ATF Approved rifle.  So it is the platform.

As for deciding between the AUG and a Tavor is somewhat subjective.  The AUG is proven (in the US) and an excellent rifle.  The Tavor hasn't been in the US market, but is reportedly an excellent product as well.

Both can be made left handed if need be.  And both will come without optics (or as an option).

I'd say keep saving, and get both!!

"Retreat, hell we just got here!" 
Capt L Williams, USMC, WWI (Belleau Wood)
Room055
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #42 on: March 06, 2012, 10:54:47 PM »

The TAR-21's in service with the IDF have Meprolight sights for obvious reasons (Mepro is another Israeli company).  While that is a great sight, it is by no means the only appropriate sight for the TAR-21.  I'm happy to hear they are releasing it as a flattop for that reason.  The sky is the limit as far as optics in the US goes.
TWA

« Reply #43 on: March 30, 2012, 04:31:34 PM »

For those attending the NRA Show in St. Louis, MO, April 13-15, the Tavor SA will be on display in the Navy Arms booth #2304. Val Forgett of Navy Arms has been kind enough to allow us to share his booth space. Stop by and see us if you get the chance!

Michael Kassnar, President
Trans World Arms LLC
Sgt_P
Administrator
Bullpup Fanatic

SEMPER FIDELIS

« Reply #44 on: March 30, 2012, 04:41:42 PM »

For those attending the NRA Show in St. Louis, MO, April 13-15, the Tavor SA will be on display in the Navy Arms booth #2304. Val Forgett of Navy Arms has been kind enough to allow us to share his booth space. Stop by and see us if you get the chance!

Looking forward to it!!  See you there!!!   Cool

BullPop

« Reply #45 on: March 30, 2012, 04:43:43 PM »

its not that pink "hello kitty" one, is it   Shocked

Illegitimus non carborundum...
Snapperhead363
Global Moderator
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #46 on: March 30, 2012, 06:02:42 PM »

Dang,I wish I could go. Some guys have all the luck! SGT_P, Are you driving there or flying?

NRA Life Member   Bullpup Fanatic Glock Armorer  Owner of Homeland Guns.1-740-820-GUNS
TWA

« Reply #47 on: March 30, 2012, 06:13:58 PM »

its not that pink "hello kitty" one, is it   Shocked

Over my dead body!

Michael Kassnar, President
Trans World Arms LLC
Sgt_P
Administrator
Bullpup Fanatic

SEMPER FIDELIS

« Reply #48 on: March 30, 2012, 06:17:27 PM »

I'm driving!  Riding out there with a friend that is a manufacturer, so his stuff doesn't travel by plane easily!!

Anybody in the NC/SC area want to car pool?!?  (leaving Thursday or Friday, and returning Sunday or Monday)...

Snapperhead363
Global Moderator
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #49 on: March 30, 2012, 06:28:18 PM »

Let me know what part of Ohio you'll be passing through and maybe we can get a bite to eat.

NRA Life Member   Bullpup Fanatic Glock Armorer  Owner of Homeland Guns.1-740-820-GUNS
Snapperhead363
Global Moderator
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #50 on: March 30, 2012, 06:40:48 PM »

Oops! You won't be coming through Ohio. My bad.

Sgt_P
Administrator
Bullpup Fanatic

SEMPER FIDELIS

« Reply #51 on: March 30, 2012, 09:35:34 PM »

Let me know what part of Ohio you'll be passing through and maybe we can get a bite to eat.

We'll only come through Ohio if the food is really good!!   fainting

Snapperhead363
Global Moderator
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #52 on: March 30, 2012, 10:00:09 PM »

Oh, I know a place where you can only eat the small steak and two sides. They're ribs are legendary too.

PapaJoeTx

« Reply #53 on: April 04, 2012, 06:19:01 PM »

We are looking at US production of both the Tavor and the Aug within the coming year...

I own an MSAR, so I believe I have at least a clue of what Aug is looking to put on the market...

I was surprised that the Tavor beat the Aug in our Bullpup March Madness...

So I have a question...What are the strong points that allowed the Tavor to pull ahead of the Aug?
HardShell

« Reply #54 on: April 04, 2012, 06:29:33 PM »

... So I have a question...What are the strong points that allowed the Tavor to pull ahead of the Aug?

My opinion? 

We've had the opportunities in the past to fondle/shoot/buy/own both imported AUGs and US-built AUGs (not to mention the clones) but, with precious few exceptions, the Tavor is still a big mystery to most of us here.  And an enticing one at that.

In short:  Intrigue!

JMHO.  Grin

For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: Not of works, lest any man should boast.
Snapperhead363
Global Moderator
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #55 on: April 04, 2012, 06:38:25 PM »

I was surprised too. The AUG is iconic. But,There's alot of interest in the Tavor right now. I will buy one and compare for myself.

Sgt_P
Administrator
Bullpup Fanatic

SEMPER FIDELIS

« Reply #56 on: April 04, 2012, 06:46:54 PM »

I've "fondled" one, but have yet to shoot the Tavor.

I think the attractive chassis and inherit reputation as an Israeli go to rifle, give it some favorability.

Police Marksman
^

« Reply #57 on: April 04, 2012, 09:51:38 PM »

We are looking at US production of both the Tavor and the Aug within the coming year...

I own an MSAR, so I believe I have at least a clue of what Aug is looking to put on the market...

I was surprised that the Tavor beat the Aug in our Bullpup March Madness...

So I have a question...What are the strong points that allowed the Tavor to pull ahead of the Aug?

The AUG I used to own would not except AR-15 magazines (I don't know if the new model will), The Tavor will except the AR magazines, I think that makes a huge difference.
rhino!

« Reply #58 on: April 04, 2012, 09:56:05 PM »

If it don't take Pmags, Lancer or other highend polymer mags, I no buyski nada!

You served our Country, If you need help, tell someone!

Don't give the enemy a victory and defeat you at home when they could not do so on the battlefield!

New Leadership in 2012! Keep America a strong example to the World!

Stand tall for your Second Amendment (2A) rights!
ICTgunz

« Reply #59 on: April 04, 2012, 10:28:18 PM »

Going to throw my two cents in here.  The Tavor is going to be made my IWI.  That means made by the people that designed the thing.  Failure rate should be way low and they take AR style mags (I agree that they need to take Magpul mags or this project is doomed from the get go).  As far as a new AUG goes.. unlike many folks on the Steyr forums who talk crap about MSAR, I have had nothing but good results with MSAR E4 rifles. (even if their business practice sucks)  The AUG platform is cool but if it doesn't take AR mags like the E4... it is dead in the water. Keep the price points reasonable (around 1200-1800 dollars)   If your going to bring a new AUG to the market, my suggestion would be to pick up where MSAR left off and bring out a 9mm AUG that takes Glock mags with a price point of around 700-800 dollars. That would keep it competitive with guns like the Beretta Storm.   Most American shooters do not like bullpup designs and will not put out large amounts of cash on non-traditional rifles.   Undecided
Personally, I am stoked for the Tavor.  The guys that I work with at the range are getting sick of me talking about it.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Print 
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length