Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 23, 2014, 11:04:17 AM
Home Home Help Calendar Login Register
News: 2015 SHOT Show                                              20-23 January, 2015                               Las Vegas, NV                              The firearms industry convention and show...                              ...will be covered by BullpupForum.com!                              Check back here for all the Bullpup action from SHOT Show 2015!               

Please support BullpupForum.com sponsors!!
Brownells . . . Midwest Industries . . . BullpupArmory.com . . . BullpupUnlimited.com . . . GallowayPrecision.com . . . . . . . . . FFL123.com . . . carhartt . . . K & M Arms
+  BULLPUP FORUM
|-+  Bullpup Rifles (Auto & Semi-Auto Centerfire)
| |-+  IWI Tavor
| | |-+  What's wrong with buying a Tavor in Gunbroker.com?
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: What's wrong with buying a Tavor in Gunbroker.com?  (Read 3822 times)
valueplayer

« on: November 05, 2013, 10:17:07 PM »

I'm seeing the Tavor being sold (BUY NOW) as low as $1,699 + 3%CC fees + $30 shipping which comes out to $1,780 with no tax!

That's $150 less than what I paid when I got mine thru Grabagun.com.   Embarrassed

Am I missing something?

Here's the link in case somebody is interested in this deal:  http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=374664847

wfcwfc
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2013, 10:39:43 PM »

Probably nothing wrong with this gunbroker deal.
I use GB all the time
DrDyno

« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2013, 12:06:55 AM »

Friend bought one on Gunbroker for $1,848.00, delivered.  Saw one on FloridaGunTrader for $1,400.00.
Corvettezr1

« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2013, 01:11:32 AM »

Got mine from there about a month ago for $1805. First time I've used them and it was a quick clean deal.
MikeR

« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2013, 03:00:30 AM »

$1810 shipped for mine and the seller was even kind enough to disassemble the rifle so I could make it kalifornia compliant, That saved me another $50. I wish I could find a left hand model for that price. 

Market is getting tough though, Im practically having to give away some guns just to get some interest.  Angry
bncrshr77

« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2013, 03:56:23 AM »

Got mine through GB.  Was really simple and fast!
zekker

EVIL EXISTS WHEN GOOD MEN DO NOTHING

« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2013, 05:17:07 AM »

got mine that away $1750 shipped
birdzman

« Reply #7 on: November 06, 2013, 11:41:27 AM »

I've bought a few guns on Gunbroker and never had a problem but I would be very cautious buying on Armslist, there are a lot of scammers on there.

"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms."
The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to
keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves
against tyranny in government."
-- Thomas Jefferson
bhs235

« Reply #8 on: November 06, 2013, 12:17:55 PM »

I spent $2000 on mine about a month ago, at my LGS. Two weeks later the same store dropped the price to $1800. They base their prices off what online values plus FFL shipping cost and fees, so $1780 seems like a perfectly reasonable deal and I don't view it as "too good to be true."
Rick53
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #9 on: November 06, 2013, 02:25:35 PM »

There's nothing wrong with GunBroker: I have had several legit dealings there. However it's also the place where the Guy who sells everything way over MSRP also resides. It always Amazes me how these guys who over charge alway seem to be the first to get the Latest and Greatest.

You do need to pay attn though. I recently bought and RMR RM07 for my M&P Pistol. It was listed at $479.00. thru a dealer. My fault for not reading thoroughly. It cost $50 to ship and 25.00 to used a debit Card. So I didn't get ripped. Because $589.00 is the Average Price. But I didn't get the Good deal I thought I was getting. As I said. My fault. I saw the price. It was a brand New listing and so I jumped on it without reading his catch 22's.

So when buying from Gunbroker it's Buyer Beware-Although like I said. I never had anyone not send what I bought.
kYing

« Reply #10 on: November 07, 2013, 12:31:37 AM »

Black Tavors have been going for less than FDEs.
GWL

« Reply #11 on: November 07, 2013, 11:28:48 AM »

That is because like the SCARs, the black series are less accurate. Grin
Gear Head
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #12 on: November 07, 2013, 01:04:24 PM »

That is because like the SCARs, the black series are less accurate. Grin

Maybe the FDE ones are less "evil"

I have bought lots off of Gunbroker. Sell there too. I've had a couple of things come across with used guns that were issues but the sellers with good feedback usually work it out to my satisfaction. I try to avoid low or 0 rated feedback sellers. Almost got scammed on a SP89 once but somehow my senses took over and smacked me in the face before I sent funds. Too good to be true usually is!

The second Amendment is the last line of defense for the 1st.
kwesi

« Reply #13 on: November 07, 2013, 05:13:17 PM »

Friend bought one on Gunbroker for $1,848.00, delivered.  Saw one on FloridaGunTrader for $1,400.00.

Be careful at Florida Gun Trader.  I reported the scammers months ago offering, at the price point, Tavors for $1600.  The web site did nothing.  I played with the scammers until they stopped communicating.

I purchased my Tavor off Gunbroker as well as many other guns.
Dred

« Reply #14 on: November 07, 2013, 05:55:15 PM »

Early on sellers were getting insane premiums for having Tavors available for sale. 

My online buying tips:  Do check feedback history, Don't be Joe Scammers first victim, Do know the fair market value of anything you bid on, and Don't get caught up in Auction fever (bidding to "win" is losing).

I got my Tavor through GB and paid a fair premium.  Imagine my surprise when 1) the Eotech bundled was upgraded, 2) a muzzle brake was installed and the A2 was sent as well, and 3) Two 30 rd pmags were included.  They even made a late in the day trip to USPS to get my Tavor on the way the same day I paid.  These extras covered a good bit of the premium I gave and that seller got GREAT feedback.
anm2_man

« Reply #15 on: November 07, 2013, 06:24:29 PM »

I didn't get my tavor on GB, but I did get my RFB from a seller on GB.  Great sale, went as planned.

thmpr

« Reply #16 on: November 08, 2013, 12:11:58 PM »

Got my IDF on GB for less than $2200.00 shipped last month. Called the vendor directly and made a deal.
scsprotective

« Reply #17 on: November 09, 2013, 12:03:51 AM »

There's nothing wrong with Gunbroker.  I ordered mine from Lipsey's at the SHOT show in January and am still waiting.  I finally had to go to gunbroker and got my fde for $1900.00
Rick53
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #18 on: November 09, 2013, 01:03:42 AM »

I am putting a NIB Tavor on GunBroker tomorrow. I offered it here but everyone who has responded seems to think they lose a warranty buying from an Individual. I would assume I will be able to get More on GB then what I have asked for it here. FDE still seems to be slightly more in demand. My guess is it will go right away. Just because I'll price it fair. MAYBE LOL
nordic alien

« Reply #19 on: November 11, 2013, 04:18:14 PM »

paid $1850 for mine; a i am a lefty and found a left handed model, grabbed it while i could. tavors are beginning to become available and the scalper prices are going down. basic supply and demand
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length