Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 25, 2014, 07:53:30 AM
Home Home Help Calendar Login Register
News: 2015 SHOT Show                                              20-23 January, 2015                               Las Vegas, NV                              The firearms industry convention and show...                              ...will be covered by BullpupForum.com!                              Check back here for all the Bullpup action from SHOT Show 2015!               

Please support BullpupForum.com sponsors!!
Brownells . . . Midwest Industries . . . BullpupArmory.com . . . BullpupUnlimited.com . . . GallowayPrecision.com . . . . . . . . . FFL123.com . . . carhartt . . . K & M Arms
+  BULLPUP FORUM
|-+  Bullpup Shotguns
| |-+  Saiga Shotgun Bullpups
| | |-+  VEPR 12 Bullpup kit?
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: VEPR 12 Bullpup kit?  (Read 3054 times)
WayneC
New Posting Member

« on: November 01, 2013, 12:01:47 PM »

Not sure if this is the right sub-forum for this question (please move if it isn't), but can anyone recommend a bullpup conversion kit for the VEPR 12? I wrote Kushnapup and he said with modifications, it will work. I've written CBRPS and he said they don't carry any kits for the VEPR.

Depending on my Christmas bonus, I may be buying a Saiga or a VEPR, but basically I'd want a mag fed, semi-automatic bullpup shotgun more than anything else. The VEPR seems to be a lot better, out-of-the-box than the Saiga, and the only 2 choices I've found for bullpup kits are Kushnapup and CBRPS.

Anyone have any ideas, or does this fall under the realm of buy and experiment? I'm still open to getting a Saiga, but the rail mod just doesn't seem too dependable/idiot proof for my comfort.

Thanks in advance.
jh4321

« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2013, 11:10:37 AM »

Be better off using the lighter Saiga.

Vepr 12 has a rail on the cover that wouldn't be usable in a bullpup, it's too far back.

What reasons would one have to want to use a Vepr 12 over a Saiga 12 in a bullpup kit?

I am not sure if a mag well would work on kush but if it could and you wanted the Vepr-12 for the magwell go with the Izzy that has the magwell built in instead. I wouldn't do the vepr 12 in a bullpup.

The vepr-12 is a cool shotty, but IMO it is a heavy shotty and is cool for a regular full length beast.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2013, 11:12:32 AM by jh4321 » Logged
WayneC
New Posting Member

« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2013, 02:44:02 AM »

Thanks for replying, jh4321.

Vepr 12 has a rail on the cover that wouldn't be usable in a bullpup, it's too far back.

I hadn't thought of that. I just assumed the IZ models had the same rail cover placement as the VEPRs and was a non-issue. Glad I asked.

What reasons would one have to want to use a Vepr 12 over a Saiga 12 in a bullpup kit?

Reliability. I've heard nothing but mediocrity from Saigas, especially the un-modded ones, while the VEPRs haven't really had any common problems - and that's out of the box.

I am not sure if a mag well would work on kush but if it could and you wanted the Vepr-12 for the magwell go with the Izzy that has the magwell built in instead. I wouldn't do the vepr 12 in a bullpup.

According to the Kushnapup website, it's compatible with the magwell models. The big concern is the trigger location. I think my best bet may be the IZ-433

The vepr-12 is a cool shotty, but IMO it is a heavy shotty and is cool for a regular full length beast.

I'm still in research mode and am leaning towards the Remington 870 BPU. Much more reliable than any other bulpup (conversion or native) shotgun.
jh4321

« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2014, 11:13:39 PM »

Veprs are nice guns. They are more reliable out of the box than S-12.

However, I have had issues with several veprs as well. They don't compare to Benelli M4s which eat everything all day long. Mainly, I am guessing, because mag fed shot shells present issues.

If I were you, get a saiga-12 and your kush and send the s-12 to Sierra Ordinance Company or another skilled S-12 shop and have them work it over from end to end. It will come out to be as reliable as a box mag fed shotgun as you can get. You will end up with a lighter bullpup.

Just my 2 cents. I have a Kush S-12 and a Chopped Vepr-12.. in fact 4 Vepr-12s. But I wouldn't try to make a bullpup out of my vepr.

Pages: [1] Print 
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length