Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
August 27, 2014, 10:53:20 AM
Home Home Help Calendar Login Register
News: The 3rd Annual  BULLPUP CONVENTION                                              27 - 28 September, 2014                               Rockcastle Shooting Center, Park City, KY                              Saturday Manufacturers Showcase and Live Shoot                                Sunday The Bullpup Challenge                              See you there!!                

Please support BullpupForum.com sponsors!!
Brownells . . . Midwest Industries . . . BullpupArmory.com . . . BullpupUnlimited.com . . . GallowayPrecision.com . . . . . . . . . FFL123.com . . . carhartt . . . K & M Arms
+  BULLPUP FORUM
|-+  Bullpup Shotguns
| |-+  Saiga Shotgun Bullpups
| | |-+  VEPR 12 Bullpup kit?
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: VEPR 12 Bullpup kit?  (Read 2800 times)
WayneC
New Posting Member

« on: November 01, 2013, 12:01:47 PM »

Not sure if this is the right sub-forum for this question (please move if it isn't), but can anyone recommend a bullpup conversion kit for the VEPR 12? I wrote Kushnapup and he said with modifications, it will work. I've written CBRPS and he said they don't carry any kits for the VEPR.

Depending on my Christmas bonus, I may be buying a Saiga or a VEPR, but basically I'd want a mag fed, semi-automatic bullpup shotgun more than anything else. The VEPR seems to be a lot better, out-of-the-box than the Saiga, and the only 2 choices I've found for bullpup kits are Kushnapup and CBRPS.

Anyone have any ideas, or does this fall under the realm of buy and experiment? I'm still open to getting a Saiga, but the rail mod just doesn't seem too dependable/idiot proof for my comfort.

Thanks in advance.
jh4321

« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2013, 11:10:37 AM »

Be better off using the lighter Saiga.

Vepr 12 has a rail on the cover that wouldn't be usable in a bullpup, it's too far back.

What reasons would one have to want to use a Vepr 12 over a Saiga 12 in a bullpup kit?

I am not sure if a mag well would work on kush but if it could and you wanted the Vepr-12 for the magwell go with the Izzy that has the magwell built in instead. I wouldn't do the vepr 12 in a bullpup.

The vepr-12 is a cool shotty, but IMO it is a heavy shotty and is cool for a regular full length beast.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2013, 11:12:32 AM by jh4321 » Logged
WayneC
New Posting Member

« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2013, 02:44:02 AM »

Thanks for replying, jh4321.

Vepr 12 has a rail on the cover that wouldn't be usable in a bullpup, it's too far back.

I hadn't thought of that. I just assumed the IZ models had the same rail cover placement as the VEPRs and was a non-issue. Glad I asked.

What reasons would one have to want to use a Vepr 12 over a Saiga 12 in a bullpup kit?

Reliability. I've heard nothing but mediocrity from Saigas, especially the un-modded ones, while the VEPRs haven't really had any common problems - and that's out of the box.

I am not sure if a mag well would work on kush but if it could and you wanted the Vepr-12 for the magwell go with the Izzy that has the magwell built in instead. I wouldn't do the vepr 12 in a bullpup.

According to the Kushnapup website, it's compatible with the magwell models. The big concern is the trigger location. I think my best bet may be the IZ-433

The vepr-12 is a cool shotty, but IMO it is a heavy shotty and is cool for a regular full length beast.

I'm still in research mode and am leaning towards the Remington 870 BPU. Much more reliable than any other bulpup (conversion or native) shotgun.
jh4321

« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2014, 11:13:39 PM »

Veprs are nice guns. They are more reliable out of the box than S-12.

However, I have had issues with several veprs as well. They don't compare to Benelli M4s which eat everything all day long. Mainly, I am guessing, because mag fed shot shells present issues.

If I were you, get a saiga-12 and your kush and send the s-12 to Sierra Ordinance Company or another skilled S-12 shop and have them work it over from end to end. It will come out to be as reliable as a box mag fed shotgun as you can get. You will end up with a lighter bullpup.

Just my 2 cents. I have a Kush S-12 and a Chopped Vepr-12.. in fact 4 Vepr-12s. But I wouldn't try to make a bullpup out of my vepr.

Pages: [1] Print 
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length