Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 22, 2017, 01:38:07 AM
Home Home Help Calendar Login Register
News:

Please support BullpupForum.com sponsors!!
. . . Midwest Industries . . . BullpupArmory.com . . . Shooting Sight . . . BullpupUnlimited.com . . . Homeland Guns . . . . . . . . . . . . AB Arms . . . GallowayPrecision.com . . . K & M Arms . . . . . . Geissele Automatics
+  BULLPUP FORUM
|-+  Bullpup Rifles (Auto & Semi-Auto Centerfire)
| |-+  IWI Tavor & X-95
| | |-+  REDFIELD COUNTERSTRIKE RED DOT
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: REDFIELD COUNTERSTRIKE RED DOT  (Read 9008 times)
Irish10

« on: October 21, 2013, 06:22:50 PM »

Picked up one of these thru Cabaelas. Thanks to a $50 off coupon and free shipping I got it for $129 which is a deal. Mounted it in front of my magnifier and with two shots had it zeroed at 100yds. The sight is very solid and robust, well constructed and simple to use. Glass is extremely clear. It has the capabiiity of both red or green dot and with my eyes I prefer the green. Also has a red laser which is very strong but worthless in bright sunlight. The unit reminds me of my old Aimpoint and replaced my Eotach which went back to my AR. Overall, I am very pleased with the quality of the optics and the solid feel that this sight has. The only issue I see is that if you have a non-folding front sight, it will block it without a riser but this is a moot point with the Tavor. If your looking for a nice,solid red dot unit for your Tavor, this one is well worth a look! So far I have few hundred rounds downrange with it mounted and not a single issue. It mounts right to the Tavor rail also.
HybridKid

Molon Labe!!

« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2013, 07:01:45 PM »

Pics or this did not happen. Cheesy

Thanks and Be Safe.
Irish10

« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2013, 11:36:20 PM »

Here ya go:
[/URL][/img]img]
Irish10

« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2013, 11:38:12 PM »

One more:
[URL=http://s66.photobucket.com/user/torrejon224/media/DSCF0076_zps0308b649.jpg.html]]
bbies1973

« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2013, 01:06:32 PM »

OK, you said the glass is clear, but what about the dot? My experience has been that most lower cost dots are blurry and often skewed into more of an oval shape.
Irish10

« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2013, 04:57:14 PM »

Both the red and green dots are very sharp and adjustable for size. I am a firm believer in the "get what you pay for" philosophy but in this case I was proven wrong.
SGT45

« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2013, 01:33:26 AM »

Soooooooo, How has it been holding up???   Do you think it would be OK in a SHTF or Patrol scenario?  I am really interested in this sight.  Thanks for any input.l

SGT45
Lots of Glocks!
GONIF

« Reply #7 on: November 09, 2013, 02:44:57 PM »

The sheer fact that it has a laser kills it for me . And a laser without a pressure switch is an instant fail . Something about spending 2k for a Tavor and only $139.00 for a red dot strikes me as odd . If it works for you is all that really counts in the end .  Wink
Irish10

« Reply #8 on: November 23, 2013, 07:41:05 PM »

So far so good after about 500 rounds but honestly this is a range sight. Being a retired LEO myself I would spend the $$ and go with an Aimpoint Pro or Eotach with magnifier. I have run an Eotach 512 and magnifier on this rifle and have no complaints. The main thing I like about the Redfield is the capability to switch from a Red to a Green dot as my eyes pick the green up better. Currently we are experiencing below freezing temps here and tomorrow I'll see how it performs in them but I anticipate no problems. Would I bet my life on it? I would really have to put it thru some more extensive use including an advanced course I will be taking after the first of the year. One more thing, for me the laser is pretty much useless, I have never really cared for them so my response is a bit "swayed" due to that. Does the laser work? Yes but it's very and I mean very hard to see during the day but when dark no problem. Again if green I would probably love it (but not the price tag). I'll continue to keep this updated as I do feel it's a great deal for the money and a excellent red/green dot for range use and also home defense. Hope this helps answer your question and feel free to e-mail or PM me if I can help.
austin111

« Reply #9 on: April 01, 2015, 07:25:17 AM »

Irish10,
I have the Redfield Counterstrike on both my Tavor and my KSG.  1,000 rounds on the Tavor and 500+ 12g slugs on the KSG and no problems at all.
I have an Eotech XPS2.0 on my Sig P229 SS Elite (I know a 10lbs handgun) and a FFIII on a Race Gun, and I can't complain about the Counterstrike with the exception that they all share......awkward way of turning them off !!!

Anyway at the "new" outdoor range the other day, I have the ability to go 300 yards so I now need a magnification lens to compliment the Counterstrike. 

Question Irish10 --->  What are you using for magnification and how well does it integrate with the Counterstrike?   
gb329
New Posting Member

« Reply #10 on: July 16, 2017, 07:00:46 PM »

I am also looking for a magnifier that will match up to the Counterstrike.
tavor hollow

« Reply #11 on: July 16, 2017, 08:07:37 PM »

BELOW FREEZING TEMPERATURES! If you are in the U.S. how far up are you, I miss winter ....anyways its fun to try other accessories some work some not so much. Good luck.
DOWNS

« Reply #12 on: July 16, 2017, 10:15:24 PM »

Not sure how much I am impressed with this optic.  I'd have to get my hands on one for a final verdict but a 4 moa dot, 13 oz weight (that's only about 1 oz off of a TA01 or TA31 ACOG) just arent' blowing me away.   I'd be curious as to battery life with no laser use, as now days anything less than thousands or even 10s of thousands of hours is, eh. 

For the retail price you can get a Holosun, Primary Arms, ect.   IMO you get sights that bring more to the table overall than what I'm seeing with the Redfield here, smaller dot for longer range use, far less weight, possibly better battery life?,  but again I'd need to get my hands on one. 

For just over 100 dollars (116 on Amazon with prime) you can get a TruGlo 20mm Micro Red Dot (T-1 clone from the same factory as the Holosuns, and Primary Arms sights) with the very (unverified) long battery life.

https://www.amazon.com/1007579-TruGlo-Tru-Tec-Red-Dot-Sight-Black/dp/B0125ME16O/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1500256975&sr=8-1&keywords=truglo+20mm

Pages: [1] Print 
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length