Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 28, 2014, 10:34:17 PM
Home Home Help Calendar Login Register
News: The 3rd Annual  BULLPUP CONVENTION                                              27 - 28 September, 2014                               Rockcastle Shooting Center, Park City, KY                              Saturday Manufacturers Showcase and Live Shoot                                Sunday The Bullpup Challenge                              See you there!!                

Please support BullpupForum.com sponsors!!
Brownells . . . Midwest Industries . . . BullpupArmory.com . . . BullpupUnlimited.com . . . GallowayPrecision.com . . . . . . . . . FFL123.com . . . carhartt . . . K & M Arms
+  BULLPUP FORUM
|-+  Bullpup Shotguns
| |-+  Remington 870 Bullpup
| | |-+  Will the kit work with 870 clones like Hawk 982 or H&R Pardner
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Will the kit work with 870 clones like Hawk 982 or H&R Pardner  (Read 1759 times)
Arjoe
New Posting Member

« on: October 07, 2013, 02:33:34 PM »

I have an Interstate Arms Hawk 982 with 18.5 barrel and synth stock that I bought for $200 and it shoots like, looks like and interchanges stock and accessories with my 870 - in fact everything swaps over except for the barrel to the receiver mounting is different.  It shoots just like my 870 and will hold 5+1.  

I have been looking for a bullpup kit to convert either one of my Mossys (500 or Maverick 88) or my 870/Hawk.  If the kit will work with the Hawk, I will sell the Maverick and buy the kit in a heartbeat.  Gets you to a complete bullpup for about $550.

The H&R Pardner Protector is very similar to the 870 as well but the Hawk is closer.  Anybody care to weigh in on this?

Arjoe in AZ
« Last Edit: October 08, 2013, 01:19:36 AM by Arjoe » Logged
Sgt_P
Administrator
Bullpup Fanatic

SEMPER FIDELIS

« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2013, 03:13:01 PM »

I've heard of the BU870 being used on the Hawk, but it took some fitting.  And Bullpup Unlimited only made the stock for the Remington 870, so it voids any warranty.

Sorry I don't know more details...

"Retreat, hell we just got here!" 
Capt L Williams, USMC, WWI (Belleau Wood)
SonnyRoofy
New Posting Member

« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2013, 10:14:13 AM »

I believe the 981R has been used a few times successfully with the top rail removed, the blade on the 982 barrel looks like it will have clearance issues.
Pages: [1] Print 
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length