Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 04, 2020, 07:22:10 AM
Home Home Help Calendar Login Register
News:

Please support BullpupForum.com sponsors!!
. . . Midwest Industries . . . BullpupArmory.com . . . Shooting Sight . . . BullpupUnlimited.com . . . Homeland Guns . . . . . . . . . . . . Desert Tech . . . GallowayPrecision.com . . . K & M Arms . . . . . . Geissele Automatics
+  BULLPUP FORUM
|-+  Rimfire Bullpups
| |-+  Other Rimfire Bullpups (Moderator: Plinker)
| | |-+  EAA Appeal
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: EAA Appeal  (Read 28943 times)
WLJ

« Reply #20 on: December 29, 2013, 10:40:42 AM »

Shot it for the first time yesterday, just had time for a function check not accuracy, though with the cheap red dot on it right now it did pretty good as far I could tell. Ran good except for two failures to strip a round from the mag, short stroking perhaps, in 100 rounds fired. Suspect it's just normal break in.
Still trying to decide what to with optics, may remove rear sight if I do put a scope on it to mount the tube lower on the rail., looks like a simple procedure to do.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2013, 10:46:30 AM by WLJ » Logged
Sgt_P
Administrator
Bullpup Fanatic

SEMPER FIDELIS

« Reply #21 on: December 29, 2013, 03:54:36 PM »

"Retreat, hell we just got here!" 
Capt L Williams, USMC, WWI (Belleau Wood)
yamadog35
^

« Reply #22 on: February 06, 2014, 02:55:31 PM »

I've got an opportunity to buy an Appeal 22LR NIB at what I think is a good price from someone whose circumstances won't allow them to use it in the future.  I probably shouldn't over think this and just get it, but any price paid is too much if the product is junk.  There's just not much information to be found on this gun from those who have one and are shooting it so I'm a bit concerned about getting and then not being to obtain magazines, etc.

Anyone have one or know someone who does who can comment on functionality and reliability.  Are you able to find mags?

BCA142

« Reply #23 on: February 06, 2014, 10:36:21 PM »

I found mags on gunbroker from a store in Arizona. JLRGuns. He has them at $36 each with free shipping if you buy 3 or more. I have the .22WMR. I made the mistake of ordering the .22LR mags and they exchanged them no problem. I have not had a chance to get to the range to shoot yet.
yamadog35
^

« Reply #24 on: March 14, 2014, 01:47:00 PM »

Just wanted to report back here that I eventually did obtain an Appeal.  I found extra mags for it on the web so I have a total of 10 mags now.  I find it a very fun gun to shoot.  Very well balanced and fairly accurate so far.  The trigger is very smooth and light.  The built in irons work just fine although I need to put some white or fluorescent paint on the front post.  I also tried a Burris FastFire III which worked very well.  The Fastfire is small and very light and was perfectly positioned on the built in rail.   I'm pleased I was able to add this to my bullpup collection. 

* Appeal_Side_1.jpg (37.01 KB, 850x638 - viewed 1103 times.)

* Appeal_Side_2.jpg (37.96 KB, 850x638 - viewed 985 times.)

* Bullpup_Group_1.jpg (32.9 KB, 850x638 - viewed 1045 times.)
fmfpost

« Reply #25 on: April 05, 2015, 10:36:52 AM »

Hi recently bought an used Appeal.

I opened to do inspection of the firearm.
While following the instructions I noticed one step of the manual as follows:
"Remove the bolt extension..."
Now looking at the diagram of parts I've notice that the extension is being held in place by "Extended recoil spring sleeve .22WIN MAG."
So, based on that it would appear as if the extension is used on the MAG version of this rifle.
I'm saying this because I'm missing that part.
Can someone please confirm?
Again... the bolt is there, but I have no extension.
Thanks.
penn25

« Reply #26 on: September 14, 2015, 05:11:11 PM »

Thought Grabagun had them in stock.

Sent from my HTC0P3P7 using Tapatalk

Seabee
Hopeto

« Reply #27 on: October 31, 2020, 05:01:04 AM »

Found (August 2020) a brand new in the box EAA Appeal, 22 WMR (22 Magnum), in a small town family owned hardware store with a gun department here in Texas. It was at the back of a display case. Clerk couldn't believe I wanted it. Went to the back to get the case and it was covered in dust. Acquired a couple of extra mags online. Love it!

« Last Edit: October 31, 2020, 10:53:49 AM by Hopeto » Logged
jpeppine

« Reply #28 on: October 31, 2020, 08:57:50 AM »

Do you mean to say that you found a .17 HMR version of the Appeal?  When I contacted the company after seeing it on their website, they claimed it was never released.  Only .22 LR & .22 WMR were available. The .17 HMR was soon dropped from their site.  Currently I can't reach their site (eaacorp.com) - my anti-virus tells me that it is attempting to download a virus.
Hopeto

« Reply #29 on: October 31, 2020, 10:52:34 AM »

Sorry, I stated "22 HMR". I should have said 22 WMR. I will correct. Sorry for any confusion.
jpeppine

« Reply #30 on: October 31, 2020, 11:15:31 AM »

Thanks for the clarification.  Too bad, I really would have like a .17 HMR version.  I have a .22 LR and will probably buy a .22 WMR shortly.
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length