Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 21, 2019, 06:15:22 AM
Home Home Help Calendar Login Register
News:

Please support BullpupForum.com sponsors!!
. . . Midwest Industries . . . BullpupArmory.com . . . Shooting Sight . . . BullpupUnlimited.com . . . Homeland Guns . . . . . . . . . . . . Desert Tech . . . GallowayPrecision.com . . . K & M Arms . . . . . . Geissele Automatics
+  BULLPUP FORUM
|-+  Bullpup Rifles (Auto & Semi-Auto Centerfire)
| |-+  IWI TAVOR
| | |-+  IWI Tavor SAR & X-95
| | | |-+  Official GHW TMF light compatibility thread. Post your setups!
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 Print
Author Topic: Official GHW TMF light compatibility thread. Post your setups!  (Read 90976 times)
Gear Head
^
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #40 on: September 15, 2013, 10:50:58 AM »

Where do I order one of these?

You mean the MMX light or TMF or Huh? For the first two email me at info@gearheadworks.com. For anything else I don't know.

The second Amendment is the last line of defense for the 1st.

Gear Head Works' products are leading the way in innovative designs. Click the globe icon below my Avatar to visit www.gearheadworks.com
Gear Head
^
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #41 on: September 16, 2013, 12:01:44 PM »

Primary Arms lights available now as well! Compact weapon light WITH tape switch and TMF will be $200. Either color.

The TMF, Foursevens MMX light and tape switch is $235.

Either package includes the forearm, light and tape switch but no tape switch holder.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2013, 12:24:25 PM by Gear Head » Logged

Gear Head Works' products are leading the way in innovative designs. Click the globe icon below my Avatar to visit www.gearheadworks.com
Gear Head
^
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #42 on: September 19, 2013, 08:57:15 PM »

So I got in a FDE Primary Arms light because I wanted to see how the color matched. It actually isn't bad. It isn't anywhere near perfect but I think it would do. I'll have one at the shoot in a FDE forearm and try to get a good picture for everyone to see.

bhs235

« Reply #43 on: September 19, 2013, 10:45:33 PM »

Sorry if I just glanced over it, but what is the price for the TMF only?[Edit:$115 still the price?] What would be the price to get the maelstrom MMX(FDE if possible) from you, gear head? One more question haha, Im guessing the pressure switch is included if we order the light from gear head, this true? Thanks for any response, it's late and after picking up my Tavor this morning I have been reading so much stuff already about it I don't think I can read anymore threads tonight haha
« Last Edit: September 19, 2013, 10:53:28 PM by bhs235 » Logged
Gear Head
^
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #44 on: September 19, 2013, 11:08:43 PM »

Sorry if I just glanced over it, but what is the price for the TMF only?[Edit:$115 still the price?] What would be the price to get the maelstrom MMX(FDE if possible) from you, gear head? One more question haha, Im guessing the pressure switch is included if we order the light from gear head, this true? Thanks for any response, it's late and after picking up my Tavor this morning I have been reading so much stuff already about it I don't think I can read anymore threads tonight haha

bhs,

Congrats on getting a Tavor. Yes $115 is the price. The MMX is $120 and it does include the tape switch at that price. There is no tape switch holder though. Also, the MMX is only available in black.

This forum is an excellent source of info for all things Tavor. You've come to the right place.

Gear Head
^
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #45 on: September 22, 2013, 08:08:12 PM »

I made a last minute design modification on the TMF to see if I could let the Surefire M951 series of lights work with it. I wasn't sure if it was going to work out until Saturday morning and it did!

You remove the rail mount from the light body and bolt it directly into the bottom of the revised TMF. No other features were sacrificed to make this so everything else is still the same.

I'll post some pictures when I get a chance. It was on display at the bullpup shoot on a FDE 16" in case anyone else posts pictures. It was on a stand right next to my A-Tacs FG one.

Aussie E
Banned
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #46 on: September 22, 2013, 09:32:05 PM »

I made a last minute design modification on the TMF to see if I could let the Surefire M951 series of lights work with it. I wasn't sure if it was going to work out until Saturday morning and it did!

You remove the rail mount from the light body and bolt it directly into the bottom of the revised TMF. No other features were sacrificed to make this so everything else is still the same.

I'll post some pictures when I get a chance. It was on display at the bullpup shoot on a FDE 16" in case anyone else posts pictures. It was on a stand right next to my A-Tacs FG one.

Sweet!. Really looking forward to getting mine. I for one would like to replace the factory handgueard screws with hex heads to match the screws that come with the TMF, you wouldn't know the specs or have a part # for a replacement with hex head would you?

AE
Gear Head
^
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #47 on: September 22, 2013, 09:39:12 PM »

Sweet!. Really looking forward to getting mine. I for one would like to replace the factory handgueard screws with hex heads to match the screws that come with the TMF, you wouldn't know the specs or have a part # for a replacement with hex head would you?

AE

They are a 10-32 thread but they are shoulder bolts. You may have a hard time finding a socket-button head shoulder bolt in fine thread. But then again, you may not, I've not looked myself.

richm2004

« Reply #48 on: September 22, 2013, 09:41:58 PM »

NICE!  Not my pic...from ar15.com:

Gear Head
^
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #49 on: September 22, 2013, 09:58:17 PM »

Thanks richm!

That is it. Primary Arms in OD green and Surefire M951 (older style, don't have one of the new ones) in FDE. Notice you can't use the cap since the light doesn't have a round body. You just take advantage of the light's built in mounting system.

Nice to see some love on "that other forum" too.

Gear Head
^
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #50 on: September 24, 2013, 10:39:13 PM »

I will be ordering lights Monday. Get your orders in if you haven't already for them. I can only buy the Foursevens in bulk and don't want to stock them so after this group buy, it may not be available again from me. The Primary Arms light I can get in smaller quantities but there could be a shipping charge involved with them.

cultgti
^

« Reply #51 on: September 26, 2013, 10:22:19 PM »

I have a primary arms light already so can I order just the TMF? I have an 18" but I'm still willing to make an order.
Gear Head
^
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #52 on: September 27, 2013, 07:02:07 AM »

I have a primary arms light already so can I order just the TMF? I have an 18" but I'm still willing to make an order.

Of course. You don't have to order a light with the forearm. Its just something I am offering to help people out as a convenience. I have an 18" friendly design that I am working on already so keep an eye out.

Defiant
^

« Reply #53 on: September 27, 2013, 08:55:12 AM »

Yea 18"!

Thanks and have a good weekend!

"Now you see that evil will always triumph... because good is dumb."
Jubz

« Reply #54 on: September 29, 2013, 07:10:37 PM »

Sorry for the cross posting, found this to be a more relevant thread.

Assuming the TMF uses a 1" light mount, does anyone know of a red or green laser/tape switch combo than can also fit in place of a light? Been looking at various websites for lasers, but haven't come across any dimension specs.
Gear Head
^
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #55 on: October 06, 2013, 10:43:43 PM »

Inforce light on an 18" Tavor

Jubz

« Reply #56 on: October 06, 2013, 11:28:17 PM »

Gear Head,

What do you recommend for a bottom picatinny rail to be mounted on the bottom of your TMF?
Gear Head
^
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #57 on: October 07, 2013, 07:46:29 AM »

Gear Head,

What do you recommend for a bottom picatinny rail to be mounted on the bottom of your TMF?

Me personally, I think less is more. So I would only mount a rail that was big enough to hold whatever you want to put under it. Remember that the longest available Magpul rail is too long for the bottom without modifying it.

Jubz

« Reply #58 on: October 07, 2013, 10:21:39 AM »

Gear Head,

Me personally, I think less is more. So I would only mount a rail that was big enough to hold whatever you want to put under it. Remember that the longest available Magpul rail is too long for the bottom without modifying it.

Is it the Magpul MOE Polymer you have on there, and how many slots is it for a reference point?
richm2004

« Reply #59 on: October 07, 2013, 12:25:21 PM »

So...if one does not use a light inside of the TMF, will there be a hole or will it be covered up?
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 Print 
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length