Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 18, 2019, 10:43:07 PM
Home Home Help Calendar Login Register
News:

Please support BullpupForum.com sponsors!!
. . . Midwest Industries . . . BullpupArmory.com . . . Shooting Sight . . . BullpupUnlimited.com . . . Homeland Guns . . . . . . . . . . . . Desert Tech . . . GallowayPrecision.com . . . K & M Arms . . . . . . Geissele Automatics
+  BULLPUP FORUM
|-+  Bullpup Rifles (Auto & Semi-Auto Centerfire)
| |-+  IWI TAVOR
| | |-+  IWI Tavor SAR & X-95
| | | |-+  Official GHW TMF light compatibility thread. Post your setups!
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6 Print
Author Topic: Official GHW TMF light compatibility thread. Post your setups!  (Read 88661 times)
Revcomm

« Reply #20 on: September 03, 2013, 03:29:48 PM »

One important thing to consider with the Four Sevens MMX.  I have the old 4Sevens G5 which seems to be almost identical(dimensionally) to the MMX.  The G5 will not allow replacing batteries by unscrewing the head.  Batteries must be replaced from the tailcap side.  If the MMX is built the same way you'll have to remove the entire flashlight to change the batteries.  Can anyone verify if this is the case?

This IS the case with the MMX and I think the Primary Arms was well because I tried it.

Too bad.  I really like Four Sevens and I love the way the G5 can go from Max to Strobe with one small twist of the head.

This foregrip looks very interesting to me.  I have an Olight M22.  I would like to know if that fits.
Rick53
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #21 on: September 03, 2013, 10:27:44 PM »

Am I missing something? Shouldn't the forearm come right off to give access tot he battery? Just saying that's not a deal breaker on a good lamp is it?
Gear Head
^
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #22 on: September 03, 2013, 11:36:08 PM »

To me personally it isn't a deal breaker. I don't use my light for long periods of time and it is usually just there for those "bump in the night" situations. I normally shoot in the daylight where the light doesn't get used.

But in an perfect world, batteries would be replaceable from the front. Well maybe not a perfect world, that would mean batteries never died!  Grin

Revcomm,

If you can give me dimensions of that light with a picture I may be able to guess at it if it will work. If you want to send it to me I will check for sure. I can ship it back to you with a TMF if you placed an order.

The second Amendment is the last line of defense for the 1st.

Gear Head Works' products are leading the way in innovative designs. Click the globe icon below my Avatar to visit www.gearheadworks.com
Aussie E
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #23 on: September 03, 2013, 11:59:53 PM »

I don't know anything about rechargeable batteries and how they hold up to certain environments. I don't think Surefire recommends them due to heat so I cannot advise using them.

Surefire sell them and chargers right on there website. I have never seen a recommendation from them, but if they didn't want you using them with their products I would hazard a guess they would not sell them on their website.

http://www.surefire.com/batteries.html

AE
« Last Edit: September 04, 2013, 12:01:59 AM by Aussie E » Logged
Chuck S

« Reply #24 on: September 04, 2013, 07:14:24 AM »

Weapons lights typically only allow battery changes from the aft end. 

This is because there needs to be a spring to contact the base of the battery (for electrical contacts) and the batteries will move violently against this spring during recoil.  They will then smash forward against the aft tip of the bulb if they can move forward so the light construction is such that they cannot move forward or be replaced from the front end.  Less vital with LEDs than the older filament bulbs.

-- Chuck
Revcomm

« Reply #25 on: September 04, 2013, 08:06:28 AM »

To me personally it isn't a deal breaker. I don't use my light for long periods of time and it is usually just there for those "bump in the night" situations. I normally shoot in the daylight where the light doesn't get used.

But in an perfect world, batteries would be replaceable from the front. Well maybe not a perfect world, that would mean batteries never died!  Grin

Revcomm,

If you can give me dimensions of that light with a picture I may be able to guess at it if it will work. If you want to send it to me I will check for sure. I can ship it back to you with a TMF if you placed an order.

I'll break out the calipers after work.  Olight M22 is a little shorter than the MMX and the diameter is the same or slightly smaller.  I'm using the M22 in a T-Pod but had to be modded to fit tightly.  The G5 fits perfectly but I think it's because of the shape of the flashlight tube and tailcap and the design of the cavity in the T-Pod.  I'm probably going to want a single cell flashlight (CR123A) if I decide to go for this foregrip since 99.9% of the time it'll be in a home defense roll and 950 lumens just doesn't work well for that.  I still want to know what my options are though.
richm2004

« Reply #26 on: September 04, 2013, 10:40:23 AM »

Regarding rechargeable batteries, I use primary(non-rechargeable) batteries in weaponlights since their shelf life is much longer than rechargeable.  For EDC(Every Day Carry) lights I use 3.7V Li-Ion rechargeable in all my lights, Surefire and Chinese brands since I use those lights everyday and its much more economical to use rechargeables.  But, for a weaponlight which gets sporadic use, I use primaries since they have a longer shelf life than rechargeables.
Richardado
^

« Reply #27 on: September 04, 2013, 12:16:09 PM »

What are your opinions on which is a better light out of the Four Sevens and the Primary Arms? Just thought I asked for opinions before I ordered one or the other. Thanks in advance.
Revcomm

« Reply #28 on: September 04, 2013, 09:36:00 PM »

Revcomm,

Pic of the Olight M22 at:  http://olightusa.com/image/cache/data/m22-228x228.jpg

M22 tube & tailcap diameter:  24.8mm  (with clip & cigar ring removed this diameter runs 82mm long)
M22 bezel diameter:  41.2mm
M22 O.A.L. :  141.4mm (not including clicky switch)
M22 diffuser diameter(included):  44mm

Note: M22 has spring on head side and spring loaded plunger in tailcap so flat-top 18650 works fine.  M22 also has a pressure switch available for purchase.  You can remove the batteries by unscrewing the head or tailcap.

The M22 will reach out over 200 yds for outdoor work.  For home defense you can leave it on low and slip on the included diffuser. 

I envision cerakoting the M22 in FDE and installing in your FDE foregrip and onto my FDE Tavor.  I think that will look sweet!   Grin
Gear Head
^
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #29 on: September 04, 2013, 10:02:03 PM »

Revcomm,

Pic of the Olight M22 at:  http://olightusa.com/image/cache/data/m22-228x228.jpg

M22 tube & tailcap diameter:  24.8mm  (with clip & cigar ring removed this diameter runs 82mm long)
M22 bezel diameter:  41.2mm
M22 O.A.L. :  141.4mm (not including clicky switch)
M22 diffuser diameter(included):  44mm

Note: M22 has spring on head side and spring loaded plunger in tailcap so flat-top 18650 works fine.  M22 also has a pressure switch available for purchase.  You can remove the batteries by unscrewing the head or tailcap.

The M22 will reach out over 200 yds for outdoor work.  For home defense you can leave it on low and slip on the included diffuser. 

I envision cerakoting the M22 in FDE and installing in your FDE foregrip and onto my FDE Tavor.  I think that will look sweet!   Grin

You know there is a button on most calipers that switch from mm to inch....  wtf

Just giving you a hard time man. The only dimension I would need to check is the bezel diameter. it is about 1/8" larger than the MMX at 1.622 inches. everything else sounded fine.

As far as which one I like best between the Primary Arms and Foursevens, I'm not sure. The Primary Arms is a bit smaller so aesthetically a little nicer looking. But I like the features of the MMX.

I did hear back from Foursevens on a buy. I have to fill out some dealer questionnaire or something and see if I get approved I guess. So basically I still don't know if I will be able to organize a group buy. You still have about a month before you get your TMF so if you're patient, we may be able to get one together in time.

Gear Head Works' products are leading the way in innovative designs. Click the globe icon below my Avatar to visit www.gearheadworks.com
Gear Head
^
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #30 on: September 12, 2013, 06:44:04 PM »

Who wants a 4sevens Maelstrom MMX with Burst mode light and pressure switch already installed on their TMF when they get it for an additional $120? I have my account setup with them and am able to offer their lights for less than their website. That is less than the price I paid (after a small discount) for the one I bought. Now there may be some shipping costs involved but the larger order I can place at once the more times the cost gets divided making it cheaper on everyone.

Again, email me at info@gearheadworks.com to order a light. You don't have to get the MMX either. If you would like a quote on something else, go to http://www.foursevens.com/ and give me a part number. I'll see what I can do.

Remember that the tape switch is additional to the light on all other lights! The price I quoted above is for the Maelstrom MMX with burst mode AND a tape switch.

Snapperhead363
Global Moderator
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #31 on: September 12, 2013, 07:23:33 PM »

Is this the 480 lumen?

NRA Life Member   Bullpup Fanatic Glock Armorer  Owner of Homeland Guns.1-740-820-GUNS
Gear Head
^
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #32 on: September 12, 2013, 07:48:02 PM »

Is this the 480 lumen?

The Maelstrom MM-X is the one that is 900 lumen at first then dims to 450 over the next 30 seconds. The Maelstrom MMS (would be $110 w/ switch) is 350 lumen. Both have different brightness settings though I believe.

klamp

« Reply #33 on: September 13, 2013, 09:09:28 AM »

Primary Arms has a Gen 2 Ultimate Weapon Light.  https://www.primaryarms.com/Primary-Arms-Ultimate-Weapon-Light-Gen-2-BLACK-p/pawl-2bk.htm

Any idea if it will fit with the mount removed? 

Cost is pretty much a wash, after shipping.  Not much technical info on the PA, so leaning toward the Maelstrom. . .  Anyone find any reviews or technical info on the UWL Gen 2?
Gear Head
^
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #34 on: September 13, 2013, 10:52:23 AM »

There isn't enough specs on that Gen2 weapon light to know. Is the body 1" around with the mount removed? It is a 3 cell so it would stick out quiet a bit unless you used the 2 cell spacer to make it shorter.

klamp

« Reply #35 on: September 13, 2013, 03:32:10 PM »

I asked customer service at Primary Arms and this was their reply.  They answered me pretty quick.

The whole mount assembly cannot be removed to fit it in a ring mount for instance, however the clamp can be uninstalled to allow the light to attach to an aftermarket QD mount like the American Defense AD-170

I guess the clamp comes off, but not the mount, so doesn't look like this one will fit.
richm2004

« Reply #36 on: September 14, 2013, 11:16:19 AM »

Will a Surefire G2/G2L body fit in the TMF.  Body dia is about 1.015-1.025.
Gear Head
^
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #37 on: September 14, 2013, 11:21:40 AM »

I don't have one to try but it should be able to handle slightly larger than 1". I had a light that was over 1" that I know won't work but I've boxed it up and can't measure it now.

richm2004

« Reply #38 on: September 14, 2013, 11:59:34 AM »

I don't have one to try but it should be able to handle slightly larger than 1". I had a light that was over 1" that I know won't work but I've boxed it up and can't measure it now.

Sweet...it has a plastic body(save weight), has a drop in lamp(XML to 800L+), and batts can load from the head end.  I got a Tan model and a UM07 tail cap that would match up perfectly with the TMF.
JC57X28

« Reply #39 on: September 14, 2013, 09:11:20 PM »

Where do I order one of these?
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6 Print 
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length