Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 20, 2020, 06:28:00 PM
Home Home Help Calendar Login Register
News:

Please support BullpupForum.com sponsors!!
. . . Midwest Industries . . . BullpupArmory.com . . . Shooting Sight . . . BullpupUnlimited.com . . . Homeland Guns . . . . . . . . . . . . Desert Tech . . . GallowayPrecision.com . . . K & M Arms . . . . . . Geissele Automatics
+  BULLPUP FORUM
|-+  General Category
| |-+  General Discussion
| | |-+  Concealed Carry Liability Coverage
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Concealed Carry Liability Coverage  (Read 3961 times)
genStrat
^
Bullpup Fanatic

« on: August 06, 2013, 01:57:58 PM »

I have been looking for concealed carry "insurance" off and on for a number of years. During that time, I have used three different companies, sometimes together and sometimes separate. Coverages differ enough among the companies that strategic overlap is possible based upon the coverage provided. It seems I am still in that process and expect it to continue into the foreseeable future.

Last week, I ran across a commercial that seemed out of place on one of the cable channels. As I continued to listened (kinda, maybe) I realized the commercial was describing concealed carry "insurance." So I did a quick rewind and followed up on the web site and Youtube videos:

CCW Safe
    http://ccwsafe.com/
    http://www.youtube.com/user/ccwsafe

In short, CCW Safe provides a service for approximately $99/year ($75/yr for LE and military) that provides a nationwide network of defense attorneys, expert witnesses and investigators experienced in use of force law. These resources are applied to administrative actions as well as civil and criminal actions. There are no additional fees and it is available in all states where your concealed carry permit is valid. Dual membership is offered at a reduced rate for another family member with a concealed carry permit.

Additional links:

If this is of interest to you, its worth a careful and thoughtful review. I have yet to make any decision, but have found the services unique and very enticing. My interest is strictly as a prospective customer and as a normal part of due diligence. I have no other direct or indirect relationship with the company.

I am interested in what others think of this service (experience or not) or other services with which they have had experience. I am familiar with USCCA Self Defense Shield, Texas/US Law Shield and the NRA Self Defense Coverage

UPDATE - AUG 8, 2013
After about 10 days of consideration, I purchased the coverage.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2013, 10:47:02 PM by genStrat » Logged

Our duty: To honor, serve and protect those who protect us
Dan_Br

« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2013, 07:20:52 PM »

post deleted
« Last Edit: August 06, 2013, 07:23:12 PM by Dan_Br » Logged

Dan
Justice4All

« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2013, 11:25:36 PM »

Have you looked at Law Shield?

They come highly recommended by a friend of mine.  I haven't looked at them closely yet.
genStrat
^
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2013, 08:51:12 AM »

Have you looked at Law Shield?

They come highly recommended by a friend of mine.  I haven't looked at them closely yet.

I have used the Texas/US Law Shield and talked directly with the partners. The shortcomings of the service:

• They were originally a Texas based and run organization. Currently, they only support residents of Florida, Oklahoma and Texas. My use of their service was allowed because I traveled to Texas a great deal each year, but was covered only in Texas and was not allowed to obtain the multi-state coverage option. They do not offer coverage in Utah.
  • The multi-state option (available for an additional fee) is only available to residents of Texas, Florida or Oklahoma. Even then it only covers a maximum of 13 states: Alabama, Arizona, Arkansas, Colorado, Florida, Georgia, Indiana, Louisiana, Mississippi, New Mexico, Oklahoma, Tennessee and Virginia. If you are a resident of Florida or Oklahoma, the multi-state option only covers 12 additional states.
  • Does not cover expert witnesses or investigator fees

Since I'm in Utah, this service is only useful while I'm in Texas. I have no basis by which to judge the services they provide as I have never needed them.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2013, 07:39:21 PM by genStrat » Logged

Our duty: To honor, serve and protect those who protect us
Justice4All

« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2013, 04:36:32 PM »

Thanks for the feedback.  As I'm in Texas they may be useful to me when/if I ever get my CHL
Pages: [1] Print 
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length