Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
February 27, 2021, 01:01:27 AM
Home Home Help Calendar Login Register
News:

Please support BullpupForum.com sponsors!!
. . . Midwest Industries . . . BullpupArmory.com . . . Shooting Sight . . . BullpupUnlimited.com . . . Homeland Guns . . . . . . . . . . . . Desert Tech . . . GallowayPrecision.com . . . K & M Arms . . . . . . Geissele Automatics
+  BULLPUP FORUM
|-+  Bullpup Rifles (Auto & Semi-Auto Centerfire)
| |-+  M14/M1A Bullpup
| | |-+  M1A G2 For Sale
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: M1A G2 For Sale  (Read 14186 times)
South County Guns
New Posting Member

« on: July 10, 2013, 02:00:11 PM »

Hello Everyone!

My name is Greg M., owner of South County Guns in Cedar Lake, IN.
I am new to the forum and was looking for info on a M1A G2 AWC conversion that a local gentleman would like me to sell for him.  I've attached a few pics, including original docs.

I don't know what the current market is for this bullpup.  I've seen as low as 4k and as high as 16k.  I have seen the rifle in person.

Any info (or offers) would be appreciated!  Here are some of the specs:
Included with the rifle are:

* Originals of the G2 authentication documents (attached file shows copy of original receipt from AWC and copy of a repair receipt from AWC, both with name, address and credit card info blocked out)

* Original G2 Owners manual from AWC

* Original Headspace spec cards and other info cards from Springfield Armory

* US Army M14 Technical Manual

* Harris bipod (shown on rifle)

* Two (2) 20 round mags (7 additional 20 round mags available)

* A new super match barrel (see picture) - never used - was purchased from Springfield Armory as a spare several years ago.  Note: The barrel currently on the rifle is the original super match barrel which has about 4,000 rounds through it and should be replaced with this new included barrel.

* The original Springfield synthetic stock (see picture)

* The AWC muzzle brake.  **for display use only because it is no longer functional or safe to use.

I can be reached through the forum, email greg@southcountyguns.com, or @ (219) 390-7415.

Like I said, any correspondence would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks,
Greg

* G2 Taken Down.JPG (342.23 KB, 2560x1920 - viewed 1521 times.)
* G2 Orig Documents.pdf (785.38 KB - downloaded 478 times.)

* Current G2 config..JPG (322.64 KB, 2560x1920 - viewed 1652 times.)

* G2 original stock.JPG (119.87 KB, 2560x1920 - viewed 1039 times.)
Sgt_P
Administrator
Bullpup Fanatic

SEMPER FIDELIS

« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2013, 03:18:48 PM »

Welcome!

Price is subjective.  This is a rare item.

But buyers might be rare too.

You're stated price range is wide, but probably accurate.  I'd start on the higher end, and see what people offer...

"Retreat, hell we just got here!" 
Capt L Williams, USMC, WWI (Belleau Wood)
bullpup45

« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2013, 07:14:46 PM »

If only I had the money Sad
The Heretic

« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2013, 12:12:50 PM »

I sold mine about 10 years ago for about $3000 with a nice Burris 3-12x scope.

This was a G2A that had the "bridge" for the scope and for tensioning the barrel. It had a SS Krieger 1" barrel. It looked nicer (IMO) than the OP rifle. This is the actual photo of the rifle before I sold it to Security Arms in AZ:

It is always interesting when someone grabs a pic you post to forum and then puts their name on it as if they had taken it.  Roll Eyes

$16K - no. Maybe $4K, at most $5K.

Originally the stock was about $1200 IIRC, and they would mod your rifle (operating rod, barrel, etc) and return it to you for about $2300 including the stock - more if you wanted additional work on it (heavy barrel, barrel tension, etc.)

I liked mine, I maybe should have kept it - it was very precise; I got under 0.5 MOA groups with the right ammo. But I am 60 years old and I am not going to be lugging around a 12 pound sniper rifle in the field very often, especially one that only has a scope.
Pages: [1] Print 
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length