Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 21, 2014, 12:07:21 PM
Home Home Help Calendar Login Register
News: The 3rd Annual  BULLPUP CONVENTION                                              27 - 28 September, 2014                               Rockcastle Shooting Center, Park City, KY                              Saturday Manufacturers Showcase and Live Shoot                                Sunday The Bullpup Challenge                              See you there!!                

Please support BullpupForum.com sponsors!!
Brownells . . . Midwest Industries . . . BullpupArmory.com . . . BullpupUnlimited.com . . . GallowayPrecision.com . . . . . . . . . FFL123.com . . . carhartt . . . K & M Arms
+  BULLPUP FORUM
|-+  Bullpup Rifles (Auto & Semi-Auto Centerfire)
| |-+  IWI Tavor
| | |-+  LH Bolt?
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: LH Bolt?  (Read 1404 times)
Rick53
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #20 on: June 30, 2013, 04:38:26 PM »

This sux. Bought a RH w/assumption of LH bolts being available at some point based on IWI literature.Just shot it for  first time today and took 3 to chin before adjusting my cheek weld. Owww that hurts. no probs once i figured out a modification but man does that hurt.Is possible to shoot a RH model LH but gotta be very careful about placement. Love the gun otherwise. Just disappointed by this stance by IWI. Maybe someone will make a larger brass deflector...I'd buy one .
what type of scope do you use? I am a lefty by nature-But started practicing years ago to shot either way. Mostly due to the fact I was into trap shooting: Finding a left handed shot gun was next to impossible. Anyone who's shot skeet or trap knows what I mean about stock can't on a shot gun.

Anyway Try shooting it right handed -do you shoot both eyes open? You should-With practice it's even possible with a variable scope. I feel funny with one eye shut-Unless I am making a really long shot. I wouldn't be using the Tavor for that anyway:

The head-space issue seems a tad strange since you'd encounter this even if just replacing a right hand bolt with another: The only reason they could possibly be taking this position is like SGt said Liability-Maybe someone already pushed that envelope. One bad apple don't ruin the whole bunch is a wive's tale Smiley
andrew4fins

« Reply #21 on: June 30, 2013, 09:25:05 PM »

Use an Eotech 512.  Am blind in right eye so shoot lefty by necessity. Just have to play with my shoulder placement and cheek weld so no more BTF as that hurts.

Tavor 18"
KSG
AR 15 ...the money pit
Desert Eagle
Springfield 1911 TRP Operator, EMP, XDS
The usual assortment of Glocks
Samson23

« Reply #22 on: July 09, 2013, 05:55:56 PM »

I hit the range today to re-sight in my Tavor left-handed, after a long process of trying but ultimately failing to shoot worth a damn right handed whether both eyes were open or not -- my right eye is just that weak. I was there for 2.5 hours, shot maybe 180 rounds, and only took one or two very glancingly off the chin. I haven't decided yet if I'll go all the way and do a LHB, swap the charging handle etc, but just wanted to let you know that even without doing so, this rifle is very left handed friendly.
mindjam
New Posting Member

« Reply #23 on: July 09, 2013, 07:20:33 PM »

I have a LH bolt if anyone wants to swap for a RH bolt, or I'll buy a RH bolt if anyone is selling theirs. My LH bolt is in a gun that hasn't been fired (unless it was fired at the factory). I was going to sell the Tavor but I thought I'd give this a try first.
SOFShooter

« Reply #24 on: July 09, 2013, 07:52:45 PM »

I am looking for a factory LH Tavor if you would like to sell it.
I'm on the Cope's list, #19 for a LH according to Melissa.
Thanks.
bbies1973

« Reply #25 on: July 09, 2013, 07:57:29 PM »

I have a LH bolt if anyone wants to swap for a RH bolt, or I'll buy a RH bolt if anyone is selling theirs. My LH bolt is in a gun that hasn't been fired (unless it was fired at the factory). I was going to sell the Tavor but I thought I'd give this a try first.
If you can hold on to it for a little while, I would gladly swap. Ever since this thread started, I've been holding off on buying out of fear of not getting the LH part. If I know there's a bolt, I can buy a rifle.

If you'd rather have a faster turnaround, I understand.
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length