Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
August 22, 2014, 03:37:35 PM
Home Home Help Calendar Login Register
News: The 3rd Annual  BULLPUP CONVENTION                                              27 - 28 September, 2014                               Rockcastle Shooting Center, Park City, KY                              Saturday Manufacturers Showcase and Live Shoot                                Sunday The Bullpup Challenge                              See you there!!                

Please support BullpupForum.com sponsors!!
Brownells . . . Midwest Industries . . . BullpupArmory.com . . . BullpupUnlimited.com . . . GallowayPrecision.com . . . . . . . . . FFL123.com . . . carhartt . . . K & M Arms
+  BULLPUP FORUM
|-+  Bullpup Rifles (Auto & Semi-Auto Centerfire)
| |-+  IWI Tavor
| | |-+  gun vise for Tavor
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: gun vise for Tavor  (Read 1013 times)
Gear Head
Bullpup Fanatic

« on: April 20, 2013, 08:48:27 AM »

I picked this gun vise up last Black Friday at Bass Pro and just now opened it. It is the Tipton Best Gun Vise "Limited Edition" and it came with the AR15 magwel adapter. As you can see it does a fine job of holding the Tavor. Now to find an AUG magwell adapter...  investigate

The second Amendment is the last line of defense for the 1st.
darr3239

« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2013, 10:04:06 AM »

Those are about the best deals around for cleaning. I bought the limited edition from Bass Pro about 4 months ago, but the magwell adapter didn't come with it. It works fine on a split open AR without it though.
Room055
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2013, 12:14:57 PM »

I ordered just the AR15 magwell block that bolts straight to my bench.

http://www.amazon.com/Wheeler-Delta-Series-AR-15-Well-Vise/dp/B008B7AXJC
genStrat
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2013, 02:08:07 PM »

What is the difference between the "Tipton Best Gun Vise" and "Tipton Best Gun Vise Limited Edition?"

It is our duty to serve those who serve us
It is our duty to protect those who protect us
Odin01

« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2013, 02:37:06 PM »

I have Tipton Best Gun Vise and it comes with everything in the pic except for the Mag well adapter.  I am guessing that is the difference.  Also, got my from a Black Friday sale at Cabelas.

What is the difference between the "Tipton Best Gun Vise" and "Tipton Best Gun Vise Limited Edition?"
darr3239

« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2013, 04:14:38 PM »

When I bought mine I originally grabbed the regular one, and a good salesman told me that the ones on sale were the Limited Edition, on a pallet downstairs. I asked him what the difference was and he said there really wasn't any. Bass Pro just got Tipton to make a pile, at a lower price he said, so they could put them on sale in their ad. I paid about $60 then as I recall. Don't know why they even put "Limited Edition" on them.

Maybe Bass Pro got them at a discount because they didn't have the magwell block yet, or they forgot to put them in and they were already packaged? I'm not seeing any Limited Editions on the web anywhere. No do I see any of the magwell blocks in stock anywhere.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2013, 04:38:09 PM by darr3239 » Logged
Gear Head
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2013, 10:32:11 PM »

I couldn't find this combo anywhere else either when I was trying to compare them with the Bass Pro black Friday ad. It sounded like a great deal to me so I got one.

The mag block actually says Wheeler Engineering and not Tipton even though they came together. It's pretty slick because it has a thing to hold the bolt head to take it apart and a rubber stopper that flips over to dry fire the lower without the upper and not let the hammer hit the lower.

The second Amendment is the last line of defense for the 1st.
Pages: [1] Print 
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length