Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 13, 2020, 07:56:05 PM
Home Home Help Calendar Login Register
News:

Please support BullpupForum.com sponsors!!
. . . Midwest Industries . . . BullpupArmory.com . . . Shooting Sight . . . BullpupUnlimited.com . . . Homeland Guns . . . . . . . . . . . . Desert Tech . . . GallowayPrecision.com . . . K & M Arms . . . . . . Geissele Automatics
+  BULLPUP FORUM
|-+  Bullpup Rifles (Auto & Semi-Auto Centerfire)
| |-+  IWI TAVOR
| | |-+  IWI Tavor SAR & X-95
| | | |-+  Sling
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Print
Author Topic: Sling  (Read 38440 times)
anm2_man

« Reply #20 on: April 28, 2013, 05:19:14 PM »

This is my personal opinion the position of the front sling interferes with  cocking handle (ie your hand hits it).  Every time I have my sling on and its loose, and I have to cock the weapon,  I end up banging my thumb on the sling  ring.   I removed it and am thinking about relocating it some wheres below the cocking handle.

Room055
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #21 on: April 28, 2013, 09:55:06 PM »

Little confused here,
I always used a "wolf clip" off my right shoulder connected to my LBV.  Then I had it sanpped to the connector on my M4 Buttstock.  I never had any issues shouldring weapon if needed, not did my jewels become affected.  If needed to left shoulder fire it would unclip easily, and by the time the need has ended, I could reclip if wanted.

This is a hybrid of a traditional 1-pt sling which is actually looped over the body like a 2-pt, but only has one connection to the rifle.  Apples to oranges, but I agree ^^^^^^ that works well.
ptrthgr8

« Reply #22 on: April 29, 2013, 11:04:29 AM »

I went with the Armageddon Gear carbine sling for mine:

Haven't had a chance to try it out at the range yet, but I've futzed around with it in the house and so far I'm pleased with it. 

Cheers,

~ Greg ~

"If ye love wealth greater than liberty, the tranquility of servitude greater than the animating contest for freedom, go home from us in peace. We seek not your counsel, nor your arms. Crouch down and lick the hand that feeds you; and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen."
Samuel Adams
genStrat
^
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #23 on: April 29, 2013, 10:35:40 PM »

I have compiled previously mentioned slings into the following table:

Sling options (updated thru Reply #40):

$44.95
Armageddon Gear Carbine Sling

$70.00
Blue Force Gear 2 Point Slings Prices range from $40.00 to $107.00

$45.00
Blue Force Gear Vickers VCAS

$55.00
Blue Force Gear Vickers VCAS, Padded

$33.95
Emdom E-MM Gunslinger Single/Two Point Sling

$19.50
Israeli Sayeret Special Forces Sling

$19.95
KZ Universal Tactical Sling w/ Adjustment Loop The 1.25 inch webbing may bind with the Tavor QDs

$59.95
Magpul MS4 Included/integrated QD swivels

$25.60
Mako Group Tactical CQB Sling, 3-point/Single-Point SL-2

$74.95
Savvy Sniper QUAD Dual QD Sling Custom sizes and configurations available

$84.95
Savvy Sniper QUAD Dual QD w/MS Attachment Price ranges from $84.95 to $124.95. Custom mods available

$89.95
Tactical Link Convertible, 1-2 Point Included/integrated QD swivels

$99.95
Tactical Link Convertible, 1-2 Point with Bungee Included/integrated QD swivels

$70.00
URBAN-ERT 2 Point Sling Prices range from $40.95 to $99.10

$3.95
USGI Silent Sling, 2 Point

$7.10
IMI UZI Sling, 2 Point Prices range from $5.00 to over $7.00

$39.95
Viking Tactics (VTAC) Slings Prices range from $34.95 to $44.95 plus accessories
   $ = $0 to $49.99, $ = $50.00 to $74.99, $ = $75.00+
   "R" - Review link
   "P" - Picture link
   "T" - Thread link

If I have missed any, let me know and I will add it to the table. If there are additional bits of information that should be added/considered, I'll do my best to add it as well.

I own and have reviewed the Savvy Sniper QUAD Dual QD w/MS Attachment. I do not own any other slings.

OTHER OPTIONS
Sandstorm Custom Rifle Slings

FORUM LINKS
http://bullpupforum.com/index.php?topic=2224.0
http://bullpupforum.com/index.php?topic=2627.0
http://bullpupforum.com/index.php?topic=2189.0
http://bullpupforum.com/index.php?topic=3143.0
http://bullpupforum.com/index.php?topic=4402.0

NOTES
Savvy Sniper makes custom slings. As a result, they will and have taken customer owned hardware, specifically the two QDs supplied with the Tavor and sewn them into their slings. References to this option are:

« Last Edit: October 06, 2013, 06:01:05 PM by genStrat » Logged

Our duty: To honor, serve and protect those who protect us
racky
^

« Reply #24 on: April 30, 2013, 01:15:57 AM »

genstrat, Man thats alotta work you put into your report, Much appreciated & very informative, so far your info has helped me "Clear-Up" many questions I had concerning; Slings & soft gun cases, now if only I could "TRY" a couple of different Optics, I'm considering, all the other Tavor questions would be answered.
Good work, and thanks again.
genStrat
^
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #25 on: April 30, 2013, 12:13:34 PM »

genstrat, Man thats alotta work you put into your report, Much appreciated & very informative, so far your info has helped me "Clear-Up" many questions I had concerning; Slings & soft gun cases...Good work, and thanks again.

Your welcome. Its my pleasure.
Sometimes (more often than not) I have to provide post justification for what is often a subconscious decision. Its usually right for me, but I tend to gain a little corroboration by confirming what the little voice had to say. It also makes me work thru the details and understand the choice for future reference.

Enjoy!
« Last Edit: April 30, 2013, 01:26:37 PM by genStrat » Logged

genStrat
^
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #26 on: April 30, 2013, 01:26:02 PM »

...now if only I could "TRY" a couple of different Optics, I'm considering, all the other Tavor questions would be answered.

Well, just send me the optics you want to try, I'll do my best to review them and then you can decide.

...probably not a good choice for you, but it would be great for me   Grin

racky
^

« Reply #27 on: April 30, 2013, 02:03:01 PM »

...now if only I could "TRY" a couple of different Optics, I'm considering, all the other Tavor questions would be answered.

Well, just send me the optics you want to try, I'll do my best to review them and then you can decide.

...probably not a good choice for you, but it would be great for me  

Well I went to the scottsdale gun club,2-weeks ago and got to handle a aimpoint pro-Eotech 512-Trijicon SRS, & an elcan Specter1x6, What a difference to actually hold'em & check'em out in person.
I was really loving the SRS, but when I compared them next to each other, I could'nt justify the 2x price for it,
then the Eotech was good for CQB, but looked to "FUZZY"(the reticle-that is) for long distance.
Then I checked out the Elcan Specter 1x6--WOE!!! this optic has everything,1.5xCQB reticle w/ illum.red dot in the middle of cross hairs, then with a flip of the lever---BAM--You've got 6x w/100-800yds BDC Stadia lines, fantastic optic......BUT Its ONLY $2600.00.
Which brings me back to the aimpoint comp, or a 1x4 variable scope w/cqb red dot.
ThePunisher

« Reply #28 on: April 30, 2013, 08:17:53 PM »

Then you can get the Vortex Razor Gen II 1x6 for $1399.00 with illuminated red dot
in center of crosshairs.
FullAssault

« Reply #29 on: May 01, 2013, 09:09:36 PM »

Just got my Israeli Sayeret tactical sling. It seems to fit very well with the Tavor. The release give you exactly enough room to transition from sholder to sholder. 

"If ever time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin."
-Samuel Adams
CODFan

« Reply #30 on: May 30, 2013, 02:25:13 PM »

Some feedback and pictures of the Tactical Link Convertible 1-2 Point Sling with Bungee.

- Quality materials and construction
- comes with QD connectors - added a MASH hook for use on Canadian Tavor
- also had to add QD mount to stock (does not come standard with Canadian version)
- Single Point option not useful with Tavor IMO - interferes with mobility
- Two point set-up is fine. (i.e. IMO save money and use a 2-point sling)

« Last Edit: March 18, 2014, 07:52:35 AM by CODFan » Logged

Jean Cantius Garand was a Canadian designer of firearms best known for creating the first successful semi-automatic rifle to be widely used in active military service, the M1 Garand.
FreedomFeens

« Reply #31 on: May 30, 2013, 10:53:49 PM »

Will savvy sniper actually stay locked in on a tavo because my ms3 will stay locked in on the front left and rear right swivel attachment points but easily pops out of the rear left(inside for a right handed guy).
genStrat
^
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #32 on: May 31, 2013, 09:54:49 AM »

Will savvy sniper actually stay locked in on a tavo because my ms3 will stay locked in on the front left and rear right swivel attachment points but easily pops out of the rear left(inside for a right handed guy).

I haven't had any problems with mine on either side.
Both QDs easily insert into the Tavor's sleeves and catch without pressure.
No problems with unexpected releases or failed attachments.

I own the QUAD Dual QD w/MS Attachment with mostly plastic parts.

The Savvy Sniper slings are custom. I bet you could send them the QDs provided with the Tavor to be included in the finished product. That is something I didn't do. Call or email Brian or Erin at 740-254-9344 or brian@savvysniper.com.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2013, 09:56:03 AM by genStrat » Logged

37thguy

« Reply #33 on: August 06, 2013, 02:23:37 PM »

Do the Magpul MS4 Dual QD Multi Mission Slings have all metal hardware ordo the use some sort of plastic?

"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rapidly promoted by mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."

Quis custodiet ipsos custo
pritch

« Reply #34 on: August 06, 2013, 06:43:48 PM »

I just got the MagPul.  Its a good thing it came with QDs, as my Tavor did not!   Angry
« Last Edit: August 06, 2013, 08:26:58 PM by pritch » Logged
Amsdorf
Banned

« Reply #35 on: August 06, 2013, 07:09:58 PM »

I threw a Vicker's Blue Force sling on mine, works great.

No problems.

NRA Life; SAF Life; GOA Life.
FFL/03.

VDMA VIDEOS
yamadog35
^

« Reply #36 on: August 06, 2013, 07:48:59 PM »

Do the Magpul MS4 Dual QD Multi Mission Slings have all metal hardware ordo the use some sort of plastic?

The two adjustment buckles are some sort of composite, but the rest of the hardware is metal.   I like mine . . .

Fjallhrafn

Dracarys

« Reply #37 on: August 06, 2013, 08:47:41 PM »

VCAS with stitched in QD swivels.

"The enemy of my enemy is my enemy's enemy. No more. No less."
Kevlar

« Reply #38 on: August 06, 2013, 11:02:00 PM »

Some may wrinkle their nose at it but I have switched to this sling from KZ / Botach Tactical.  I know.........

http://www.botachtactical.com/kzusasling.html

It is simple, quick,  does what I need a sling to do, and is inexpensive.  I have tried the others that cost 3 - 4 times and this is the one that works for me.

Kevlar

« Reply #39 on: August 06, 2013, 11:04:21 PM »

I think I screwed up that link.  Sorry

The name of the sling is:

KZ Universal Tactical Sling w/ Adjustment Loop
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Print 
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length