Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
August 23, 2017, 09:56:28 AM
Home Home Help Calendar Login Register
News:

Please support BullpupForum.com sponsors!!
. . . Midwest Industries . . . BullpupArmory.com . . . Shooting Sight . . . BullpupUnlimited.com . . . Homeland Guns . . . . . . . . . . . . AB Arms . . . GallowayPrecision.com . . . K & M Arms . . . . . . Geissele Automatics
+  BULLPUP FORUM
|-+  Bullpup Rifles (Auto & Semi-Auto Centerfire)
| |-+  IWI Tavor & X-95
| | |-+  STICKY:Tavor DIY projects, modifications,aftermarket parts & upgrades MEGATHREAD
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] Print
Author Topic: STICKY:Tavor DIY projects, modifications,aftermarket parts & upgrades MEGATHREAD  (Read 173062 times)
MajorKong

« Reply #220 on: May 02, 2016, 08:02:13 AM »

I've been away for awhile.  That doesn't look like a stock barrel on rambones Tavor.  Where did you get it?  Or perhaps more importantly where can I get one? 

evets9357

« Reply #221 on: May 02, 2016, 09:14:34 AM »

Is that grip now long enough to mount a Harris bipod on the front and a short vertical grip on the rear of it
rambones

« Reply #222 on: May 02, 2016, 04:17:54 PM »

Hi, My Tavor has a 18.75 in Barrel

I put 5 keymod slots on the bottom on this one and my BCM Vertical grip takes up 3 slots so no space for a harris bipod.

But I plan on adding a Tar pod to this.

cheers
Apache
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #223 on: May 04, 2016, 10:49:45 PM »

I had my rifle apart so I thought I'd show the heat shield I made for the Gear Head TMF a while back. It's a 1/8" x 1 1/4" x 5 1/2" piece of aluminum, it's slightly thick to clear the bottom of the cocking rod guide so I used a rat tail file to make a cross slot for clearance and since the allen screws used to tighten the flashlight in place stick up slightly I also had to cut a notch for clearance. Now that it's getting warmer I'll Gun Kote it black the next time I'm refinishing a rifle ...

In the past I had also shortened the pressure switch wire by disassembling the flashlight tailcap and then cut and re-soldered the wires internally so they're only about 2 1/2" long, now they lay down in the bottom of the TMF without any chance they can ever come in contact with a hot barrel ...

« Last Edit: May 04, 2016, 10:52:46 PM by Apache » Logged

Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum
Sine Missione
2450paul

« Reply #224 on: May 05, 2016, 06:54:40 PM »

I'd like to introduce everyone to Black Betty. SAR-B16, Manticore Arms ARClight XTL forearm with Molot vertical grip, internal Fenix PD-35 950 lumen light and tape switch with fabricated aluminum heat shield,  AK Builder US made 4 piece cone flash hider, Princeton Tec Switch Rail task light(top front of XTL), Manticore Arms Switchback folding charging handle, Vortex Strike Eagle 1-6X24 Scope, American Defense Recon H mount, Vortex rail mounted 2032 battery storage(under eye piece of scope). I like this rifle! I've tried most of the 5.56 rifles available and this one is my end all choice. Besides removing the auxiliary hammer spring I did some honing and spring work on my hammer pack smoothing it up and reducing it to an average of 5.62 lbs out of 10 trigger pulls using a gauge. I think the only thing left to do is the Manticore curved butt plate and shoot it as long as I can feed it. It's all about function.  

Well 10 months later Black Betty has existed in several configurations, 16.5" barrel, 18" bbl, factory forearm, ARClight XTL and now in my opinion the forearm to end all searches, The RPM Precision. Yep she just had to have a makeover and since there's only one Black Betty I said what the heck, it's only money. So, her she is. I'm callin her "Barely Legal Black Betty" now; 14.5" bbl with U.S. made 4 pc. cone flash hider/brake/adjustable gas booster pinned and welded to bbl. 26 3/8" overall length. I did add the Manticore curved butt-pad(as Sven says "it rolls up into your shoulder naturally") and gasket-ed eject port cover(I say it do help). Next time I put the 18" bbl, scope and bipod on her I'll take a picture to post here. Like I said before this is my end all rifle so I've gone modular. One rifle for different missions. Uh Oh, Betty says it's time to go shopping for accessories see y'all later

* IMG_0970.JPG (921.58 KB, 1632x1224 - viewed 519 times.)

* P1010103.JPG (290.31 KB, 1280x960 - viewed 144 times.)
« Last Edit: March 10, 2017, 09:20:58 PM by 2450paul » Logged
BullpupT
Bullpup Fanatic

AF&AM 02

« Reply #225 on: May 08, 2016, 11:24:47 AM »

I decided to go back to the stock handguard after using it for awhile. The balance of the rifle feels better to me with the stock set up. I had an MI XXL rail with a Surfire scout 500 lumens mounted inside. It put a lot of excess weight in front of my support hand.

I ended up putting the stock side rail back on too. The rifle just felt better with the weight of the light more rearward. The only issue was activating the light. I had a Surefire dual switch mounted to the side of the MI XXL handguard but the switch pad was way to big for the stock grip.

I ended up buying a regular Surefire pressure switch which I snaked through the upper handguard. I could do this because I have a Gearhead short Razorback rail which exposes the top handguard just like the IDF model. I am using his front sight too.

I was a bit worried about heat from the barrel ruining the pressure switch. The cable contacted the barrel and there was no way of zip tie it down. I ended up finding some really nice tightly wound 1/2 ID heat proof tubing. It needs to be 1/2 inside diameter because he Surefire end plug is exactly 1/2. The tubing stretches around it.

It can withstand 1000 degrees of direct heat and 2000 degrees intermittent heat. My barrel will never come near 1000 degrees so I feel a lot safer using the tubing. I also needed to modify the stock activation button that I slipped out of the stock handguard.

Here are some pictures to help illustrate the process for anyone interested. The button feels rock solid and almost factory made. The pressure needed to activate is perfect.

Hopefully I didn't post to many pictures. I just want give a good example for people who want to do the mod. I also folded the exposed section of tubing in half and zip tie it in a couple key places. I left it flat inside the handguard because it acts like a ribbon wire and hugs the inside of the receiver without touching the barrels. The gun feels much more neutral in the hand without the heavy feeling of my old set up. I took the TA11 ACOG off and installed an MRO to further reduce weight.

Remember to relieve the bottom of the button so the pressure is applied in the center of the switch

« Last Edit: May 09, 2016, 03:20:18 PM by BullpupT » Logged
DILLIGAF

« Reply #226 on: May 10, 2016, 06:52:58 PM »

Got mine today for testing  Grin  thanks buds  8

Weltall

« Reply #227 on: May 22, 2016, 04:43:50 PM »

Felt the need to post up what I have waiting on me back home...
1- A new X95, what ever color the LGS that I ordered from could find in stock.
2- Super Sabra trigger pack and Lightning Bow
3- GHW Flex swivel/cover
4- EoTech 512 plus a GG&G Infidel lense cover
5- Precision Armament M4-72 brake w/ washer kit
6- 1200 rounds of ZQI SS109
7- 7 New Pmags, 5 of the standard 30RD, 2 of the 40RD variety
8- LUMA safety switches, both sizes. To be all ambi and stuff, ya know?!

I guess now I just need to get home in June and put it all together. Really looking forward to some time at the range with this rifle!

Oh, because the question came up once already, "Why not just enjoy the rifle the way it is? You've never even shot it and you've ordered all this crap for it!" Well, the answer is very simple, I have a very limited time home before I have to go back to work, so whatever I want to have done to the rifle I had better have done quick! Grin
tavor hollow

« Reply #228 on: May 22, 2016, 07:00:47 PM »

Isn't it crazy we buy a gun next thing you no we have 2or $3000 wrapped up in it.happens to me.but the portability of the accessories kind of helps justify the gun.
zoti

« Reply #229 on: August 22, 2016, 12:10:53 AM »

Where did you get the 3D model of the Tavor?

Post here all the modifications you made , DIY projects, accessories that work with the tavor etc...

I'll start with integrating your tape switch in the tavor hand guard:

1. Pop out the button from the hanguard.

2. Remove enough material from the back of the button so you can squeeze your tape switch behind it.

3. Put the button back and the switch behind it.

4. Done.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PxukQNGerxo&feature=youtu.be

Just saw we now have our upgrade/new accessory sticky area - GREAT
How did you route the wire out to the light?  Did you put any protective heat sheath on it like discussed in other threads?  Can you add a picture of your finished light setup?

The wire routes out via the upper hanguard.
See post here http://bullpupforum.com/index.php?topic=2570.0 post #9.

I did not put a thermal sleeve on it because I just built it for this forum.You should use one.
I can put a tavor together with it and take pictures if you want...

coolhand77
^

« Reply #230 on: November 10, 2016, 10:25:42 PM »

hey, anybody mod their X95 handguard so they can mount the Tavor specific OSS can yet?
Edit: Looks like it butts right up against the handguard, NO space, and you have to remove the plastic bushing.
Edit2: Also, looks like the Super Sabra doesn't fit due to a difference with the actual bolt release button.  Anyone know if its safe to modify the button?  Looks like there is a piece of plastic reinforcement that gets in the way of a flat spot on the bottom of the trigger pack
« Last Edit: November 12, 2016, 03:37:17 PM by coolhand77 » Logged
Aussie E
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #231 on: November 12, 2016, 07:21:55 PM »

From my understanding Geissele will modify your trigger pack to work with the x95.

AE
coolhand77
^

« Reply #232 on: November 12, 2016, 11:25:01 PM »

thanks, I'll have to look into that.  not that it NEEDS it, I was able to pull some nice, small clover leafs and single holds at 25 meters while sighting it in today
Brianschwarm

« Reply #233 on: April 16, 2017, 05:43:24 AM »

Are there are serious weight reduction upgrades out there? I already have the short rail, foregrip, and slim buttpad.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] Print 
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length