Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 21, 2017, 01:42:45 PM
Home Home Help Calendar Login Register
News:

Please support BullpupForum.com sponsors!!
. . . Midwest Industries . . . BullpupArmory.com . . . Shooting Sight . . . BullpupUnlimited.com . . . Homeland Guns . . . . . . . . . . . . AB Arms . . . GallowayPrecision.com . . . K & M Arms . . . . . . Geissele Automatics
+  BULLPUP FORUM
|-+  Bullpup Rifles (Auto & Semi-Auto Centerfire)
| |-+  IWI Tavor & X-95
| | |-+  STICKY:Tavor DIY projects, modifications,aftermarket parts & upgrades MEGATHREAD
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 12 Print
Author Topic: STICKY:Tavor DIY projects, modifications,aftermarket parts & upgrades MEGATHREAD  (Read 183032 times)
RonS-Glock

« Reply #20 on: April 17, 2013, 03:20:55 PM »

Code:
Can you add a picture of your finished light setup?

Can you push/activate your tape switch located under the rail cover?   Looks kind of like a magpul rail cover
pretorian
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #21 on: April 17, 2013, 03:54:13 PM »

There is no tape switch under the rail cover. The tape switch is inside the hanguard behind the modified button as I posted in the first post of this thread.

"Experience is a hard teacher because she gives the test first, the lesson afterward."
Lu-Wa

« Reply #22 on: April 17, 2013, 08:03:58 PM »

Been thinking about an integral (or, as much of one as you can get on a Tavor) and came up with this. Only 6 1/4 in long, with about 3 1/8 in OAL added. Thing sounds perfect, and with medium load rounds its insanely quiet. I don't trust my dB reader all that much, but if it is telling the truth then this thing is fantastic. Also, I only loaded medium res pictures because last time, the ones I loaded were huge. Let me know if you want some more!

Integral what? ... suppressor ? Can't see anything... Read max size for uploading attachments... You can resize and then attach.

Fixed!
Gear Head
^
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #23 on: April 17, 2013, 09:17:46 PM »

Been thinking about an integral (or, as much of one as you can get on a Tavor) and came up with this. Only 6 1/4 in long, with about 3 1/8 in OAL added. Thing sounds perfect, and with medium load rounds its insanely quiet. I don't trust my dB reader all that much, but if it is telling the truth then this thing is fantastic. Also, I only loaded medium res pictures because last time, the ones I loaded were huge. Let me know if you want some more!

Integral what? ... suppressor ? Can't see anything... Read max size for uploading attachments... You can resize and then attach.

Nice. How does it run? Is it over gassed at all?

Fixed!

The second Amendment is the last line of defense for the 1st.

Gear Head Works' products are leading the way in innovative designs. Click the globe icon below my Avatar to visit www.gearheadworks.com
Lu-Wa

« Reply #24 on: April 17, 2013, 09:43:31 PM »

I haven't shot a whole lot through it yet (still waiting on a scope), but from what I have run through it, it isn't over gassed and it cycles just fine. It also hasn't had any issues with the handloads I've run through it.
Gear Head
^
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #25 on: April 17, 2013, 09:56:15 PM »

I haven't shot a whole lot through it yet (still waiting on a scope), but from what I have run through it, it isn't over gassed and it cycles just fine. It also hasn't had any issues with the handloads I've run through it.

Did you use the factory barrel and gas block or do something custom?

Gear Head Works' products are leading the way in innovative designs. Click the globe icon below my Avatar to visit www.gearheadworks.com
pretorian
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #26 on: April 18, 2013, 01:03:35 AM »

Been thinking about an integral suppressor (or, as much of one as you can get on a Tavor) and came up with this. Only 6 1/4 in long, with about 3 1/8 in OAL added. It sounds great with standard velocity ammo, and when using light loads it is insanely quiet. Not going to make any dB claims without a real meter though. Enjoy!

Very nice .Some questions:
So there is a 16.5 inch barrel under that beauty?
Weight?
Suppressor diameter?
What do you use to measure Db?
Have you tried subsonic ammo with it?

"Experience is a hard teacher because she gives the test first, the lesson afterward."
Lu-Wa

« Reply #27 on: April 18, 2013, 01:27:38 AM »

Did you use the factory barrel and gas block or do something custom?

Factory barrel and block.
Lu-Wa

« Reply #28 on: April 18, 2013, 01:42:57 AM »

Been thinking about an integral suppressor (or, as much of one as you can get on a Tavor) and came up with this. Only 6 1/4 in long, with about 3 1/8 in OAL added. It sounds great with standard velocity ammo, and when using light loads it is insanely quiet. Not going to make any dB claims without a real meter though. Enjoy!

Weight?
Suppressor diameter?

Yes, it just slips over the barrel and has threads near the center.

Unfortunately, I don't have a scale that will weigh it correctly at the moment.

OD is 1.94" at the threads and after. OD is 1.98" prior to the threads.

I have an AR824 from digital instruments. I have no way of verifying the quality of the reader though, so I take the readings with a grain of salt. I just ran a few through it to see how it worked. I'll do some formal testing tomorrow and post the results.

I haven't tried true subsonic ammo, but I shot some nearly subsonic ammo and ear pro became an afterthought.
Gear Head
^
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #29 on: April 18, 2013, 09:56:36 AM »

Well Lu-Wa definitely has my interest. I look forward to more details if you're willing to share them.

genStrat
^
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #30 on: April 18, 2013, 10:05:21 AM »

Its the first one I have seen I would be interested in pursuing. If its as good as it sounds (forgive the pun), then the footprint makes it a must have.

Our duty: To honor, serve and protect those who protect us
Lu-Wa

« Reply #31 on: April 18, 2013, 05:01:09 PM »

Its the first one I have seen I would be interested in pursuing. If its as good as it sounds (forgive the pun), then the footprint makes it a must have.

I've come to the conclusion that my dB reader (borrowed, thankfully) isn't suited for this type of testing. I'm going to try and procure one here in the next few days that is up to the task and get some hard data for you guys. Thanks for the interest, I'll be sure to keep you posted.
TruBrew

« Reply #32 on: April 18, 2013, 07:33:48 PM »

Lu-Wa, did you drill holes in the barrel? You call it the closest to integral as you could do, so I was curious if your gun still functions normally without the suppressor or not. I live in the same state as you, but unfortunately not very close, as I would love to check it out. Definitely keep us up to date when you get the chance to test it more.
pretorian
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #33 on: April 19, 2013, 03:34:02 AM »

Weight?
Suppressor diameter?

I have an AR824 from digital instruments. I have no way of verifying the quality of the reader though, so I take the readings with a grain of salt. I just ran a few through it to see how it worked. I'll do some formal testing tomorrow and post the results.

I haven't tried true subsonic ammo, but I shot some nearly subsonic ammo and ear pro became an afterthought.

I just measured the interior space in an x95 handguard.
Sounds like your suppressor and the standard 13 inch barrel would make a very compact setup.
Using a 10 inch barrel, one could barely see the suppressor ...
Hmmmmm. Do you handle exports/imports?
« Last Edit: April 19, 2013, 03:40:25 AM by pretorian » Logged

richm2004

« Reply #34 on: April 19, 2013, 10:56:39 AM »

NICE!!  Is that a take apart can?  Stainless internals?  When will those cans be available on Form 3's?
genStrat
^
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #35 on: April 19, 2013, 11:07:30 AM »

Not to get ahead of the game, but what about something similar in 9mm for the conversion kit?
I would have interest in both (5.56 and 9mm.)
« Last Edit: April 20, 2013, 02:08:42 PM by genStrat » Logged

Our duty: To honor, serve and protect those who protect us
judochop

« Reply #36 on: April 20, 2013, 03:33:03 PM »

That's a good one Pretorian!

I had a thread about the trigger pack extension spring removal to have a lighter trigger. Link below. My average trigger pull weight is 8lbs 2.5oz according to my digital scale. With the spring in the same pack I got 10lbs 3oz. You can easily see the spring in the two packs in the picture. Stock on the right, spring removed on the left.

http://bullpupforum.com/index.php?topic=2558.0

Future products and ideas will be shared here as well. Hopefully this becomes a sticky!

Today at the range my trigger didn't fully reset several times without the additional spring, It helps the trigger pull by not having it in there but at a cost of reliability. I dont want to worry about trigger reset, so I put the spring back in. Its in there for a reason. Im going to recommend anyone thinking of trying this to not do it.
Gear Head
^
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #37 on: April 20, 2013, 11:46:47 PM »

That's a good one Pretorian!

I had a thread about the trigger pack extension spring removal to have a lighter trigger. Link below. My average trigger pull weight is 8lbs 2.5oz according to my digital scale. With the spring in the same pack I got 10lbs 3oz. You can easily see the spring in the two packs in the picture. Stock on the right, spring removed on the left.

Future products and ideas will be shared here as well. Hopefully this becomes a sticky!

Today at the range my trigger didn't fully reset several times without the additional spring, It helps the trigger pull by not having it in there but at a cost of reliability. I dont want to worry about trigger reset, so I put the spring back in. Its in there for a reason. Im going to recommend anyone thinking of trying this to not do it.

Were you shooting suppressed from a bench? The extra crud that gets blown back into the gun when suppressed can add friction in the trigger pack. Also I noticed that when shooting from a rest that the gun doesn't really move much. That extra vibration from shooting off hand helps keep things working right. I had my gun double today from a bench. M1A's were famous for not working right off a bench.

I had put my spring back in to measure the pull difference but will take it back out again before shooting tomorrow and I won't clean my gun to try it.

judochop

« Reply #38 on: April 21, 2013, 06:24:46 PM »

Yes but Gear Head, I wouldnt feel comfortable with a newly cleaned combat rifle that doesn't function properly just bench rest shooting. I hear what you're saying with the recoil helping the reset from "other than" bench shooting, but, If the trigger wont reset 100% of the time with out the spring in a controlled clean firing environment, my confidence would be greatly effected in using it. I haven't experienced the "reset Freeze" with the spring installed.
racky
^

« Reply #39 on: April 21, 2013, 08:24:13 PM »

Gearhead, I'm taking my Tavor out shooting next week, so my shooting buds & I can get some hands on experence with it , After that I'm curious to try out your suggestion of removing that little itty-bitty return spring, My question for you is what size DRIFT-PIN did you use?Huh?, thanks in advance..
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 12 Print 
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length