Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 21, 2017, 12:17:52 AM
Home Home Help Calendar Login Register
News:

Please support BullpupForum.com sponsors!!
. . . Midwest Industries . . . BullpupArmory.com . . . Shooting Sight . . . BullpupUnlimited.com . . . Homeland Guns . . . . . . . . . . . . AB Arms . . . GallowayPrecision.com . . . K & M Arms . . . . . . Geissele Automatics
+  BULLPUP FORUM
|-+  Bullpup Rifles (Auto & Semi-Auto Centerfire)
| |-+  IWI Tavor & X-95
| | |-+  STICKY:Tavor DIY projects, modifications,aftermarket parts & upgrades MEGATHREAD
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 12 Print
Author Topic: STICKY:Tavor DIY projects, modifications,aftermarket parts & upgrades MEGATHREAD  (Read 188347 times)
MP2 Guy

« Reply #140 on: November 22, 2013, 10:28:12 PM »

I just picked up the folding back-up sight set from Mako and the set works great on my Tavor. I was concerned about the height issue but, at least for me, these sights work fine - a natural good sight picture.
CRYPTO

« Reply #141 on: November 27, 2013, 01:25:23 AM »

I am about to outfit my Tavor with black stingray skin grips. I will post pictures as soon as I get'er done. Stingray leather has hard dentine bumps (same material as your teeth), is extremely durable, and makes a great grip. They have been used on Samurai swords tsuka so that they could still grip their swords even whilst drenched in blood. I want to get an extra foregrip before I start this project, so that is my only delay.  I haven't tried yet. I hope it's not too difficult to find one.

A specter is haunting the modern world, the specter of crypto anarchy.

A phase change is coming. Virtual communities are in their ascendancy, displacing conventional notions of nationhood. Geographic proximity is no longer as important as it once was.
GunStarHero

« Reply #142 on: November 27, 2013, 02:04:59 PM »

I am about to outfit my Tavor with black stingray skin grips......

Stingray skin grips, huh? Interesting...  I tried something similar on a TMF just using some cheapo 'gun tape' I had.  If I didnt like it the adhesive stuff is supposed to be easy to clean off after removal.
But turned out pretty well I think, feels nice in the hand. Even stands up to a moderate heat test in the oven, not really sure how hot it would get after multiple mag dumps.  I'll keep it on for awhile to test how it holds up over a few range trips, but still keeping an eye out for other's ideas.

* TMF_w_GunTape.jpg (80.62 KB, 979x734 - viewed 974 times.)
CRYPTO

« Reply #143 on: November 27, 2013, 02:18:52 PM »

I am about to outfit my Tavor with black stingray skin grips......

Stingray skin grips, huh? Interesting...  I tried something similar on a TMF just using some cheapo 'gun tape' I had.  If I didnt like it the adhesive stuff is supposed to be easy to clean off after removal.
But turned out pretty well I think, feels nice in the hand. Even stands up to a moderate heat test in the oven, not really sure how hot it would get after multiple mag dumps.  I'll keep it on for awhile to test how it holds up over a few range trips, but still keeping an eye out for other's ideas.

Grip tape should hold up just fine, and if you have adhesive problems, there is nothing a little epoxy won't fix. Grip tape is a ton easier to work with than stingray leather. If you were to ever try to use stingray leather, I will give you a very usefull tip that will make things MUCH easier. To cut it, use serrated aviation snips. Its by far the best way to cut it. Many people resort to power tools, but that is much more difficult. Sorry these pics are not very good. Didn't feel like breaking out the quality camera right now. I'll save that for when she is fully dressed Smiley

* 1385575705830.jpg (26.13 KB, 320x240 - viewed 555 times.)

* 1385575709034.jpg (16.97 KB, 320x240 - viewed 589 times.)

A specter is haunting the modern world, the specter of crypto anarchy.

A phase change is coming. Virtual communities are in their ascendancy, displacing conventional notions of nationhood. Geographic proximity is no longer as important as it once was.
delta789

« Reply #144 on: December 09, 2013, 11:26:53 PM »

Anyone have photos or drawings of select-fire TAR-21 versus Tavor SAR? I'm interested if nothing else for informational purposes only   Grin
ed9339

« Reply #145 on: December 11, 2013, 03:34:32 AM »

I know every one has found their way yo the quick fix sear spring removal to lighting a Tavor trigger pull
after performing the modification I started tinkering and reversing the design.  I have drawn
a theory and suspect conclusion.  During field trials or endurance testing the sear in the Sear
Mechanism  repeatedly fail to reset causing the hammer to drop after the bolt pasted it
on its return to the chamber this could cause any number is issues failure the worst being
destination of the cartridge before the bolt is locked in the chamber or at best fully auto fire
and a run-away cycle.  (As with any of our US Military Machineguns. Immediate action  
would be to break the belt). In the Tavor keeping the discharging firearm pointing down range
drop the magazine till the last round is loaded.  I am planing on testing this theory.  Again a theory
my experience is destination in these cases I have handle two pistols in my hands that detonated and can comment to the the safety of the Glock .40 S&W and H&K USP in .45ACP.  Well built and safe for stupid
people award.   I am planing on disassembling the Sear Mechanism and using traditional
military armor techniques polish the contact and disconnecting interfaces as I have performed in
the military at request to racks of firearms cleaning up the Colt slop of the M16a2 and a3 in the days when we tapped 4 cell Mag lights to our rifles during MOUT training.  

We shall see.  If you have feedback please feel free you will not hurt my feelings
« Last Edit: December 11, 2013, 03:41:59 AM by ed9339 » Logged
GunStarHero

« Reply #146 on: December 12, 2013, 11:12:18 AM »

I know every one has found their way yo the quick fix sear spring removal to lighting a Tavor trigger pull... [edit]

Cant speak for everyone, but I found a quicker fix.   Leave the sear spring where it belongs.  2 cents
ed9339

« Reply #147 on: December 14, 2013, 01:54:29 AM »

What I did was did assemble the Sear Mechanism and polish the two contact  on the hammer
then on the reset connect I polished the pivot point.  After oiling the polish locations
In put it back together and I manage to go from a stock 11.5 pull to 5 to 8.5 pull with
1/4 free travel.  I took it to the range as all groups we with in one ich
pilot4prophet

« Reply #148 on: December 21, 2013, 01:16:38 PM »

Well the Titanium has been ordered for the SAR Suppressor. The final materials are going to be 316 Stainless and Grade 5 Ti. Probably going to end up renting a B&K 2209 for the dB testing as well (unless anyone in the southeast wants to help us test it!).

Production will begin once the materials show and we will start taking pre-orders.

I'm very interested in this suppressor design. Please keep us updated on the progress.

P4P
qsiphon76
New Posting Member

« Reply #149 on: January 11, 2014, 03:11:09 PM »

Hi guys, been learning a lot from the forum, just finished my own DIY project on my Tavor out of necessity. I have not been able to find the IWI Handguard rail in stock, plus, I was discouraged at the price of an accessory that should have been included with my rifle anyway....

For those of you that will ask, I don't like the look or the cost of the after-market handguards out there. Honestly, I would rather spend $150-$250 on ammo for my Tavor than a the handguards avaliable. (Not hating on them, just choosing not to buy them)

With all of that said, I thought I would share what I think is a pretty good, cheap way to get a forward grip on your Tavor.

Went to Primary Arms (love those guys) here in Houston and picked up a Magpul RVG and a Magpul polymer 5 slot rail section. The 5 slot has the bolt hole closer to one end than the other.

Marked the bolt holes on the handguard and drilled the holes as close as I could to center. The bolt hole closest to the end of the rail section should be measured and marked closest to the muzzle. The handguard has flat spots on the inside that make this easier.

Used a dremel to grind down the ribs on the outside of the handguard so the rail section can sit flush against the handguard.

I had to dremel down one of the ribs inside the handguard to allow the flat bolts that come with the Magpul stuff to sit straight into the area I was working in. (Wanted to make the hold as strong as I could)

Once I had bolted everything up, I was really pleased with how tight everything was. I thought the only downside to this setup would be that the forward grip would sit at a slight angle from the barrel as the handguard has a taper upward. After I took it to the range, I was really pleased with how comfy it was.

* image.jpg (1406.48 KB, 3264x2448 - viewed 805 times.)

* image.jpg (1234.07 KB, 3264x2448 - viewed 627 times.)

* image.jpg (1374.33 KB, 3264x2448 - viewed 592 times.)

* image.jpg (921.75 KB, 2048x1536 - viewed 1026 times.)
pilot4prophet

« Reply #150 on: January 11, 2014, 05:21:57 PM »

Bullpup Armory has the foregrip rails for a very reasonable $25. installs in seconds.
http://www.bullpuparmory.com/TAVOR_ACCESSORIES_s/1835.htm

P4P
« Last Edit: January 11, 2014, 05:29:38 PM by pilot4prophet » Logged

P4P
qsiphon76
New Posting Member

« Reply #151 on: January 11, 2014, 07:27:57 PM »

Thanks, Pilot, but that website says out of stock. It has for a while. I only spend $30, grip included.
bplvr

« Reply #152 on: January 11, 2014, 08:36:09 PM »

just sign up for an e-mail when it is in stock.
HeavyG63
^

« Reply #153 on: January 12, 2014, 11:29:19 PM »

Zahal.org has a foregrip picatinny rail system available...
Rundover

« Reply #154 on: February 08, 2014, 05:38:36 PM »

Tavor laser mod with factory button.

* Tavor outside 1.jpg (235.76 KB, 800x450 - viewed 2438 times.)

Bullpups are our friends.
Rundover

« Reply #155 on: February 08, 2014, 06:46:32 PM »

I thought I was the only one that had a difficult time removing the grip storage cover, guess not. So here is what I did. I struggled to get the cover off and then filed down the two tabs to about 1/3 the height they were. I then angled all four sides on each so they kind of look like a pyramid. Doing this made a less radical transision so now I can just get a good grip and pull and it will come right off with no tools. Took about 10 min, being careful not to take too much off.
Oh, and I store spare batteries and a cleaning cloth for the optic in there and bumped several times and stays put so it seems to be working so far.
genstrat, the tabs now do not need to flex as much so they should last allot longer.

Bullpups are our friends.
Grevlin

"Fly birdies! fly!"

« Reply #156 on: March 15, 2014, 04:58:52 PM »

Simple addition - I added a strip of rubberized grip tape in three strategic locations.

1. Under the TMF - obvious

2. Inside area of handguard - help when grabbing, moving the rifle around and shouldering etc.

3. Two thin strips on either side of mid section - I use this spot and a sort of "carry handle" for the rifle

* photo 3.JPG (126.73 KB, 640x480 - viewed 677 times.)

* photo 4.JPG (126.5 KB, 640x480 - viewed 742 times.)
« Last Edit: March 15, 2014, 05:02:30 PM by Grevlin » Logged
Berkley

« Reply #157 on: March 22, 2014, 02:30:47 AM »

Hey guys, just wanted to let you know that due to great support by bullpup forum we are offering the foregrip pressure switch to forum members with free shipping as of now.  Just mention bullpup forum when purchasing either through gunbroker or ebay, and we will waive the 5$ fee.  Thanks and happy shooting.

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=401775389

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=181358886336

* image.jpg (1649.36 KB, 3264x2448 - viewed 603 times.)
« Last Edit: March 23, 2014, 02:06:34 AM by Berkley » Logged
devildog911

« Reply #158 on: April 30, 2014, 04:07:23 PM »

Hey guys, I'm new to the BPF but I'm already soaking up the collective knowledge.  I received my Tavor about a week ago and I'm loving it.  I selected it to replace my Stag soutpaw M-4 as a patrol rifle. After reading several of the DIY mods I've already ordered parts.  The trigger spring mod was done on the first day at the range, and have had no problems thus far.  We'll see how it holds.

Chris
devildog911

« Reply #159 on: May 04, 2014, 03:07:36 AM »

Well...did the return spring removal on the trigger group.  No fail to reset or any malfunctions to speak of...but considering this now my patrol rifle, I couldn't leave it to chance and put the spring back in.  I'll have to seriously torture test that mod before I'll trust my life, my partner's, or a citizens with that....

Couldn't justify paying in upwards of $50 for a simple rail to mount to the factory grip when I plan on getting the Manticore ARClight xlt when it comes out.  Instead I ordered the Magpul MOE rail to mod onto the factory grip (I'm not worried about the angle).  Then bullpup armory got the IWI poly rail in stock...(I can however justify $25)...so guess what I just ordered.

This what I hate and love about having a shiny new toy...especially one so cool as the Tavor...and the accessories are only beginning to come out... blasting

Chris
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 12 Print 
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length