Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 03, 2014, 12:37:02 AM
Home Home Help Calendar Login Register
News: The 3rd Annual  BULLPUP CONVENTION                                              27 - 28 September, 2014                               Rockcastle Shooting Center, Park City, KY                              Saturday Manufacturers Showcase and Live Shoot                                Sunday The Bullpup Challenge                              See you there!!                

Please support BullpupForum.com sponsors!!
Brownells . . . Midwest Industries . . . BullpupArmory.com . . . BullpupUnlimited.com . . . GallowayPrecision.com . . . . . . . . . FFL123.com . . . carhartt . . . K & M Arms
+  BULLPUP FORUM
|-+  Bullpup Rifles (Auto & Semi-Auto Centerfire)
| |-+  IWI Tavor
| | |-+  STICKY:Tavor DIY projects, modifications,aftermarket parts & upgrades MEGATHREAD
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 Print
Author Topic: STICKY:Tavor DIY projects, modifications,aftermarket parts & upgrades MEGATHREAD  (Read 44673 times)
NoShelter

« Reply #120 on: August 01, 2013, 06:11:05 PM »

That is some good combat engineering there NoShelter!

lol thanks!

That's about as high tech as my workshop gets. I'm definitely in awe of the skills of you guys on this board.

/bowdown
genStrat
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #121 on: August 04, 2013, 03:30:35 PM »

I chose not to store batteries inside the handgrip because in the field it is a gigantic pain in the ass to get in there.

I don't suppose anyone would be interested in tackling a replacement cover for the handgrip? It should be easily removable only when it is required and desired by its handler.

It is our duty to serve those who serve us
It is our duty to protect those who protect us
37thguy

« Reply #122 on: August 13, 2013, 10:47:31 AM »

[/quote]
Any help would be great.  If possible sleeve material/brand would be nice.  You have knowledge many of us desire to learn - thanks
[/quote]
Here is one link posted at the MOR thread by boatswain
http://www.cableorganizer.com/nomex/
[/quote]

This may be a stupid question but how do I slide a cable heat shield over my tape switch cable?  Switch at one end, the other has the bulky part that goes into my Surefire.

"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rapidly promoted by mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."

Quis custodiet ipsos custo
Tru BEZ
New Posting Member

« Reply #123 on: August 15, 2013, 07:39:35 PM »

Hey All,

Just got my Tavor and it is Awesome!  I have been soaking up all your knowledge and have a question.

Has anyone tested the difference in accuracy from stock setup vs the free float mod? 

Thanks!
Gear Head
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #124 on: August 15, 2013, 09:10:32 PM »

Hey All,

Just got my Tavor and it is Awesome!  I have been soaking up all your knowledge and have a question.

Has anyone tested the difference in accuracy from stock setup vs the free float mod?  

Thanks!

No. But that is because the full free float mod isn't finished. You can remove the "U" but the charging handle still is against the barrel.

Welcome to the forum!

The second Amendment is the last line of defense for the 1st.
evets9357

« Reply #125 on: August 18, 2013, 08:08:35 PM »

Evening Troops!
My Dad helped me start working with rifles 60 years back.
When we free floated a barrel,you could check it buy running a piece of paper up between the barrel and the stock with out catching on any thing untill it hit the chamber area.
Now how can a rifle be free floated if ther's a gas block midway on the barrel to affect the harmonics and heat of the barrel.
Please enlighten me!!

Ageing; Eventualy you will reach a point when you stop lying about your age and start bragging about it
pretorian
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #126 on: August 18, 2013, 11:48:36 PM »

There is a free floated barrel and there is a free floated handguard.
Any rifle that has a gas system can't be really free floated.
The gas system puts a more consistent preasure on the barrel than a handguard touching the barrel.
The preassure apllied by the shooters hand  to a non free floating handguard, and by it to the barrel, is changing all the time so the effect on barrel harmonics is unprodictable between shots.

"Experience is a hard teacher because she gives the test first, the lesson afterward."
evets9357

« Reply #127 on: August 19, 2013, 11:04:06 AM »

Got yea
Thank's, that's an excellent and rational explanation to my question.

Ah,being young is beautiful, being old is comfortable.
AZ2000

« Reply #128 on: August 20, 2013, 09:46:54 PM »

Removed the  Magpul AFG 2 off of my Kriss to see how it might work on the Tavor.
A few pros and cons, but will order another one and fit it to the Tavor and it should work .  Thanks to Sgt P at Bullpup armory, the lower rail fit perfectly and seems to be very well made and would imagine it will last as long as the factory hand guard.

« Last Edit: September 23, 2013, 07:45:25 PM by AZ2000 » Logged
Aussie E
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #129 on: August 20, 2013, 10:09:04 PM »

Nice foregrip mod!

AE
Uncle-Joe

« Reply #130 on: August 27, 2013, 08:00:56 PM »

Here's what I've settled on for keeping batteries in my stock.  I've never been one of those clever engineer types, so this is about as low-tech as it gets.

I wrapped two AA batteries in plastic wrap, and folded a piece of foam around it, and placed it in the stock.  Plastic keeps the water out, foam keeps it from moving around.

* 0827131953.jpg (246.93 KB, 960x1280 - viewed 258 times.)

* 0827131953a.jpg (349.19 KB, 960x1280 - viewed 389 times.)
DBGoolsby
New Posting Member

« Reply #131 on: September 02, 2013, 07:59:15 AM »

Sorry Landroverman, the Tavor SAR rails are now in-stock at BullpupArmory.com:

http://www.bullpuparmory.com/product_p/iwi-tsrail.htm

Out of stock again ... bummer. Any ETA when they will be back in stock? Thanks in advance.

"Whoa there. Those are some strong words from someone that doesn't even own a machine gun."
Sgt_P
Administrator
Bullpup Fanatic

SEMPER FIDELIS

« Reply #132 on: September 02, 2013, 09:31:59 AM »

Sorry Landroverman, the Tavor SAR rails are now in-stock at BullpupArmory.com:

http://www.bullpuparmory.com/product_p/iwi-tsrail.htm

Out of stock again ... bummer. Any ETA when they will be back in stock? Thanks in advance.

Bullpup Armory was supposed to get another batch last week (and there wouldn't have been any out-of-stock time), but it now looks like sometime later this week.

There is a link to get an email when the item comes back "in-stock".

"Retreat, hell we just got here!" 
Capt L Williams, USMC, WWI (Belleau Wood)
Gear Head
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #133 on: September 10, 2013, 10:52:35 PM »

I'm putting a link to the extra gas vent hole modification I made so it will be in the sticky. The idea is to direct the gas out the ejection port before it has a chance to get all the way into the receiver and finding multiple ways to exit the gun.

http://bullpupforum.com/index.php?topic=4176.0

The second Amendment is the last line of defense for the 1st.
dawg180

« Reply #134 on: September 19, 2013, 02:20:35 PM »

The Manticore Arms ARClight Tavor rail and LUMA metal safety selectors are now available for purchase at www.manticorearms.com

Parts are IN STOCK and shipping. No pre-order, no wait, and you can pay with credit card!

Sven
Manticore Arms
zpat
New Posting Member

« Reply #135 on: September 19, 2013, 10:30:42 PM »

I've been shocked that nobody has come up with something yet, let alone even talking about this.  To me it is a really big failure, and should be fairly easy to fix.  While with some firearms you can see why they made the pistol grip non-accessible for storage, but this one is perfect for storage--they just so happened to make a *terrible* cover that is a PITA to remove, and will break after removing a couple times (the indents break off).
I chose not to store batteries inside the handgrip because in the field it is a gigantic pain in the ass to get in there.

I don't suppose anyone would be interested in tackling a replacement cover for the handgrip? It should be easily removable only when it is required and desired by its handler.
rickspeed

« Reply #136 on: September 23, 2013, 01:28:00 PM »

How to cover the pencil thin barrel......

I found a company that makes custom  barrel shrouds, or a fake cans....call it what you want.
Kineti-tech.com, custom shrouds. Pick your can style, pick your end cap....just don't pick your nose !
$ 59.95 usd

Tavor, is a Canadian model, with an 18.5" barrel

* IMG_00001285.jpg (1938.62 KB, 3264x1836 - viewed 597 times.)

* IMG_00001305.jpg (1672.11 KB, 3264x1836 - viewed 495 times.)

* IMG_00001306.jpg (1189.61 KB, 3264x1836 - viewed 545 times.)
Webstrands

« Reply #137 on: September 25, 2013, 03:59:09 PM »

Tavor, is a Canadian model, with an 18.5" barrel

This won't work for a 16.5" barrel.  There's not enough exposed barrel.  The minimum amount of exposed barrel for their shroud to work is 4.75".

Regards,
Rob
Shrimp Wasted

Bullpup Shoot 2013

« Reply #138 on: October 07, 2013, 06:10:14 PM »

I'll start with integrating your tape switch in the tavor hand guard:

1. Pop out the button from the hanguard.

2. Remove enough material from the back of the button so you can squeeze your tape switch behind it.

3. Put the button back and the switch behind it.

4. Done.

How do I go about running the wire into the rear of the laser device? I'm assuming I will have to drill a hole due to the wire only being 6 inches long. If there is another way to run it without having to drill a hole for the wire to come through please let me know! Thank you!

* 2013-10-07 16.54.39.jpg (2460.12 KB, 3264x2448 - viewed 950 times.)
bplvr

« Reply #139 on: November 06, 2013, 07:22:59 PM »

The Tavor SAR front hand grip rails are in stock today at Bull Pup Armory. Wink
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 Print 
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length