Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 19, 2014, 05:50:31 PM
Home Home Help Calendar Login Register
News: The 3rd Annual  BULLPUP CONVENTION                                              27 - 28 September, 2014                               Rockcastle Shooting Center, Park City, KY                              Saturday – Manufacturers Showcase and Live Shoot                                Sunday – The Bullpup Challenge                              See you there!!                

Please support BullpupForum.com sponsors!!
Brownells . . . Midwest Industries . . . BullpupArmory.com . . . BullpupUnlimited.com . . . GallowayPrecision.com . . . . . . . . . FFL123.com . . . carhartt . . . K & M Arms
+  BULLPUP FORUM
|-+  Bullpup Rifles (Auto & Semi-Auto Centerfire)
| |-+  IWI Tavor
| | |-+  STICKY: TAVOR SAR - Operator Manual
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: STICKY: TAVOR SAR - Operator Manual  (Read 9389 times)
IWI_US

« on: April 10, 2013, 12:25:55 PM »

See attachment for the current TAVOR SAR Operator Manual.

** EDIT  **

New (updated) manual thread:  http://bullpupforum.com/index.php?topic=3854.0
« Last Edit: October 06, 2013, 09:17:10 AM by Sgt_P » Logged

Michael Kassnar
IWI US, Inc. - VP of Sales & Marketing
pretorian
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2013, 12:38:09 PM »

Thank you very much, Sir

"Experience is a hard teacher because she gives the test first, the lesson afterward."
RonS-Glock

« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2013, 01:00:20 PM »

Need to get a stick topic (push pin assigned to this item).

Thank you very much I was afraid something would happen to my only copy.
Odin01

« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2013, 05:07:24 PM »

Great!! Thanks.. always good to have digital copy.
Type5

« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2013, 05:48:39 PM »

Thank you very much!
Room055
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2013, 06:04:22 PM »

Thank you good sir!

The original is now behind glass with the "Break In Case Of Emergency" sticker on it, otherwise known as the top drawer in my desk.
starscream

« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2013, 07:45:26 PM »

Great!! Thanks.. always good to have digital copy.
f33gar0w

« Reply #7 on: April 11, 2013, 12:51:41 PM »

Excellent..thanks Smiley
dushan

« Reply #8 on: April 11, 2013, 01:17:54 PM »

Thanks, always good to have a backup....or too lazy to get the manual from my gun case when I'm at the computer  Grin
IWI_US

« Reply #9 on: April 11, 2013, 02:55:52 PM »

Attention TAVOR SAR Owners:

We have discovered an error in the TAVOR SAR Operator Manual (P/N 08.011.01.09.53, Rev. 00).

On page 26, Section 10.1.2, Function Test of the Safety Lever, you may disregard test #4 as it does not apply to the TAVOR SAR.

The Safety Lever can be placed in the S (Safe) position regardless of the position of the hammer.

Also note that the WARNING! at the bottom of Page 26 should read “…preceding steps…” instead of “…following steps…”.

We are taking down the earlier posting of the Rev. 00 Manual and will soon post Rev. 01.

We apologize for any confusion this may have caused.

Michael Kassnar
xpdchief

« Reply #10 on: April 11, 2013, 04:09:51 PM »

Attention TAVOR SAR Owners:

We have discovered an error in the TAVOR SAR Operator Manual (P/N 08.011.01.09.53, Rev. 00).

On page 26, Section 10.1.2, Function Test of the Safety Lever, you may disregard test #4 as it does not apply to the TAVOR SAR.

The Safety Lever can be placed in the S (Safe) position regardless of the position of the hammer.

Also note that the WARNING! at the bottom of Page 26 should read “…preceding steps…” instead of “…following steps…”.

We are taking down the earlier posting of the Rev. 00 Manual and will soon post Rev. 01.

We apologize for any confusion this may have caused.

Thanks for the heads-up!

Respectfully submitted,
Brian
IWI_US

« Reply #11 on: April 11, 2013, 04:58:16 PM »

If anyone spots other errors in the manual, please let us know. We will try and correct them all in the next revision.

Michael Kassnar
GunStarHero

« Reply #12 on: April 15, 2013, 11:21:54 AM »

This is just an "idiot-proofing" editing suggestion from one of the idiots, but I would maybe add one sentence to the Secondary Reassembly Step Three section.  Just something detailing how to position the Firing Pin/Spring during reassembly. How it's indentations keep it in place within the Assy while the Bolt is reinserted.  

Looking at the pic for the first time, I took it to mean that the Firing Pin and Spring should be held inside the Bolt while being reinserted into the Assy.
It took me about ten seconds to realize what I was doing wrong (like, "Hm. Maybe I should just put the Firing Pin right back where it was when I disassembled it"  screw loose  duh), but someone else might not, and then they skip to Step Four where it suggests using a hammer to reinsert the Guiding Pin.

I shudder to think of someone just hammering on that Guide Pin with the Bolt out of position.
Whack "Ah, C'mon... Maybe just a little harder?" Whack ! WHACK! WHACK!   Cry
« Last Edit: April 15, 2013, 08:31:37 PM by GunStarHero » Logged
genStrat
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #13 on: April 15, 2013, 04:10:53 PM »

This is a physical correction or maybe more honestly a preference, but it would be nice for such a nice manual to have a more useable binding. Specifically a binding that allows ease of use and storage without folding or mutilating. I tend to use wire spiral bindings on books I use a lot, particularly if they are used in manual hostile environments, space is at a premium or the manual needs to be folded in half.

* DSC02611_25.jpg (73.08 KB, 816x612 - viewed 236 times.)
« Last Edit: April 15, 2013, 04:15:48 PM by genStrat » Logged

It is our duty to serve those who serve us
It is our duty to protect those who protect us
xpdchief

« Reply #14 on: April 17, 2013, 08:03:39 AM »

This is a physical correction or maybe more honestly a preference, but it would be nice for such a nice manual to have a more useable binding. Specifically a binding that allows ease of use and storage without folding or mutilating. I tend to use wire spiral bindings on books I use a lot, particularly if they are used in manual hostile environments, space is at a premium or the manual needs to be folded in half.

Mr. Kassnar was kind enough to post this link (http://bullpupforum.com/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=2704.0;attach=3268) to the manual in digital form.  I intend to send the manual in digital form to a printing/photocopy store and have them laminate and bind the manual for benchwork use.

Respectfully submitted,
Brian
xpdchief

« Reply #15 on: April 17, 2013, 08:06:07 AM »

Mr. Kassnar was kind enough to post this link (http://bullpupforum.com/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=2704.0;attach=3268) to the manual in digital form.  I intend to send the manual in digital form to a printing/photocopy store and have them laminate and bind the manual for benchwork use.

Disregard, the link only brings you back here. 

It's the first post in this thread.

Respectfully submitted,
Brian
genStrat
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #16 on: April 20, 2013, 03:28:48 PM »

Disregard, the link only brings you back here. 
It's the first post in this thread.

I think you meant to do this:

http://bullpupforum.com/index.php?topic=2704.msg23494#msg23494

It is our duty to serve those who serve us
It is our duty to protect those who protect us
RonS-Glock

« Reply #17 on: April 22, 2013, 01:50:18 PM »

A few other guys found someother manauls.  I moved them from the thread "Tavor Armourer Manual" to here

Rick53
http://tar21.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/11/IWI_Tavor_TAR-21_assault_rifle_armorers_manual.pdf

AGC
http://www.scribd.com/doc/29008594/Tavor-Armourer-Manual
AGC

« Reply #18 on: April 22, 2013, 01:59:00 PM »

The Armorer's Manual is for the select-fire TAR-21. I've attached it here.

* IWI_Tavor_TAR-21_assault_rifle_armorers_manual.pdf (5752.07 KB - downloaded 220 times.)

www.AftermathGunClub.com
RonS-Glock

« Reply #19 on: April 28, 2013, 10:49:58 AM »

Another thread discusses how to align the night sight after zeroing.

"Question about front sight"
http://bullpupforum.com/index.php?topic=2854.0

I don't believe the manual discussed this.  Summary the front sight wrench has two different pocket depths.  The shallow pocket will turn just the top night sight while not changing the zero.
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length