Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 11, 2018, 09:57:21 AM
Home Home Help Calendar Login Register
News:

Please support BullpupForum.com sponsors!!
. . . Midwest Industries . . . BullpupArmory.com . . . Shooting Sight . . . BullpupUnlimited.com . . . Homeland Guns . . . . . . . . . . . . AB Arms . . . GallowayPrecision.com . . . K & M Arms . . . . . . Geissele Automatics
+  BULLPUP FORUM
|-+  Bullpup Rifles (Auto & Semi-Auto Centerfire)
| |-+  IWI TAVOR
| | |-+  IWI Tavor SAR & X-95
| | | |-+  STICKY: !!! Official Tavor Picture Thread !!!
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 74 Print
Author Topic: STICKY: !!! Official Tavor Picture Thread !!!  (Read 915044 times)
cal50

« Reply #740 on: June 05, 2014, 06:11:55 PM »

Now all I need is a serious trigger to do some accuracy testing.
My stock trigger is the worst trigger on any gun I have owned.

devildog911

« Reply #741 on: June 05, 2014, 08:52:50 PM »

Finally got my Midwest forearm in...not sure if I'm going to stick with my current light or not.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

Chris
Grevlin

"Fly birdies! fly!"

« Reply #742 on: June 05, 2014, 09:45:33 PM »

I see what you mean...thas' a BIG light!    Shocked
BCollinsNW
New Posting Member

« Reply #743 on: June 05, 2014, 10:25:35 PM »

Can't wait to get this sighted in at the range this weekend! You can hate on the green EOTech all you want. I don't like the way it looks on this gun; but, for $220 new I couldn't pass it up. Anyone have a favorite round for the B18? I have some M193 and a couple boxes of 69gr Gorilla 223. I can't seem to find a consensus "best round".

* 10451707_10202583220555314_3493415459631596544_n.jpg (42.77 KB, 960x540 - viewed 444 times.)
JP

I feel it..

« Reply #744 on: June 05, 2014, 11:23:09 PM »

Can't wait to get this sighted in at the range this weekend! You can hate on the green EOTech all you want. I don't like the way it looks on this gun; but, for $220 new I couldn't pass it up. Anyone have a favorite round for the B18? I have some M193 and a couple boxes of 69gr Gorilla 223. I can't seem to find a consensus "best round".

No one should be hating on your green EO. We're all about diversity here..Smiley

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
JP

I feel it..

« Reply #745 on: June 05, 2014, 11:28:25 PM »

Finally got my Midwest forearm in...not sure if I'm going to stick with my current light or not.

That's a good looking blaster and the light looks like a secondary weapon system! =)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
devildog911

« Reply #746 on: June 05, 2014, 11:56:24 PM »

The light is a Fenix TA-30. It really isn't that big...only takes 3 CR123 batteries.  It's just the bezel. You can adjust the 3 different brightness settings and also strobe function via a twist ring. This thing actually out perform $300 Surefire lights that I've had...and it doesn't eat up the batteries like a fat kid at a cupcake factory.

Sent from my SM-T330NU using Tapatalk

Chris
xpdchief

« Reply #747 on: June 06, 2014, 07:14:14 AM »

Where did you get the grenade launcher?   Grin

Respectfully submitted,
Brian
Revcomm

« Reply #748 on: June 06, 2014, 09:34:30 AM »

Is that a Jetbeam flashlight?  You'll need to carry cleaning patches to wipe it down.  You'll probably lose 10 lumens per shot, 20 with Tula.
devildog911

« Reply #749 on: June 06, 2014, 10:42:51 AM »

Is that a Jetbeam flashlight?  You'll need to carry cleaning patches to wipe it down.  You'll probably lose 10 lumens per shot, 20 with Tula.

It's a Fenix TA-30. 225 lumens with 3 CR123 batteries.

Like I said my biggest complaint is the extra length past the barrel makes it all but impossible to zip up my 28" Condor rifle bag. The other problem is that the constant on button is located on the tail cap of the tape switch attachment.  I can push the button by sticking something inside one of the keymod holes on the bottom. Might be able to make something to mount over the hole that will allow the button to be activated.

Anybody know if there is a tape switch that has a constant on button actually on the pad and not on the cap

Chris
Aussie E
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #750 on: June 06, 2014, 11:06:53 AM »

Anybody know if there is a tape switch that has a constant on button actually on the pad and not on the cap

Surefire SR series, only issue is it is designed to be rail mounted not on the grip like your set-up. You would also have to splice the wires to retrofit it to your flashlight, which I have done on my Tavor setup to combine two switches for dual side action.
They are pricey though, I actually cut the wrong end of the wire on one of mine and left like a moron.

AE
devildog911

« Reply #751 on: June 06, 2014, 11:58:54 AM »

Surefire SR series, only issue is it is designed to be rail mounted not on the grip like your set-up. You would also have to splice the wires to retrofit it to your flashlight, which I have done on my Tavor setup to combine two switches for dual side action.
I DON'T have an issue with having the switch mounted on the rail. I could do it on the bottom in front or behind the grip. I may even look into making a quick disconnect.

Chris
AquariusFX

« Reply #752 on: June 09, 2014, 11:54:24 PM »

Hi Guys,
This is my California version of Tavor from Rifle Gear.

* IMG_0060_resize.JPG (279.99 KB, 1024x570 - viewed 611 times.)
asiparks

« Reply #753 on: June 10, 2014, 04:16:53 PM »

It's a Fenix TA-30. 225 lumens with 3 CR123 batteries.

Like I said my biggest complaint is the extra length past the barrel makes it all but impossible to zip up my 28" Condor rifle bag. The other problem is that the constant on button is located on the tail cap of the tape switch attachment.  I can push the button by sticking something inside one of the keymod holes on the bottom. Might be able to make something to mount over the hole that will allow the button to be activated.

Klarus also make dual function pressure pads for their excellent lights.
The function depend on the pad/light combination, the secondary switch can act as a constant on ( generally a bad idea on a weapon light), strobe or to vary output intensity.

007Bond

« Reply #754 on: June 10, 2014, 11:14:21 PM »

Hi Guys,
This is my California version of Tavor from Rifle Gear.

That Lucid looks great on there. What model?
togjr9

« Reply #755 on: June 10, 2014, 11:52:36 PM »

Lucid HD7, nice optic for the price. Honestly though, I upgraded to Aimpoint Pro & Comp M4's.

Tavor SAR FD18
Aimpoint Comp M4s
VTac FDE Sling
Manticore XTL Forend
007Bond

« Reply #756 on: June 11, 2014, 01:23:00 AM »

Lucid HD7, nice optic for the price. Honestly though, I upgraded to Aimpoint Pro & Comp M4's.

Can you please explain to me "upgraded"? I've been reading lots about the Lucid HD7 gen3 and it seems like it's a solid rock site. How is Aimpoint better? I know that question may seem silly but I genuinely would like to hear your thoughts on that.
togjr9

« Reply #757 on: June 11, 2014, 09:27:03 AM »

Aimpoint Pro has a 3yr battery life if left on continuous, Comp M4 is 8 yrs. I've seen the Comp M4 thrown and kicked across the field and hold it's zero. The big seller is leaving it on and forgetting about it, seems kinda petty but pulling it out of the safe and she is ready to go is kind of important to me. I've also heard of waterproof and fogging issues with the Lucid HD7. I'm not saying the Lucid is a bad optic, just not what I want out of my Red Dot. The best way to describe it is Camaros are great cars, doesn't mean I wouldn't buy a Corvette if I had the cash. I put my Lucid on my father's Mossberg 715t and my PRO on my Colt LE6920. Replaced them with Comp M4's on my Scar 16 & Tavor, trust me if I had the cash I would of purchased Elclans for both and called it a day. When it comes to guns and optics you get what is good for you and not everyone else. I wasn't trying to be negative about your purchase, I was actually shooting with it last week. You got yourself a solid rifle, if you live near Delaware we should get together and hit some steel together. 

Tavor SAR FD18
Aimpoint Comp M4s
VTac FDE Sling
Manticore XTL Forend
AquariusFX

« Reply #758 on: June 11, 2014, 11:51:13 AM »

Hi, I'm thinking about buying a MI forgrip in fde color. I know there's a little different color than the Tavor color.
Is there any picture clearly showing this fde rail on the Tavor or should I buy a black color instead?

Thanks for the input.
XTrooper

« Reply #759 on: June 11, 2014, 04:31:00 PM »

Hi, I'm thinking about buying a MI forgrip in fde color. I know there's a little different color than the Tavor color.
Is there any picture clearly showing this fde rail on the Tavor or should I buy a black color instead?

Thanks for the input.

In my experience, if you buy five different things in "flat dark earth," you'll end up with five different shades of tan.

Steve
New Jersey State Trooper #3936 (retired 4-1-1991)
NRA LE Firearms Instructor
Vietnam Veterans of America & NRA Life Member
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 74 Print 
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length