Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2017, 01:32:16 AM
Home Home Help Calendar Login Register
News:        2017 NRA Annual Meetings and Exhibits       -       27 through 30, April, 2017       -       Atlanta, Georgia

Please support BullpupForum.com sponsors!!
. . . Midwest Industries . . . BullpupArmory.com . . . Shooting Sight . . . BullpupUnlimited.com . . . Homeland Guns . . . . . . . . . . . . AB Arms . . . GallowayPrecision.com . . . K & M Arms . . . . . . Geissele Automatics
+  BULLPUP FORUM
|-+  Bullpup Rifles (Auto & Semi-Auto Centerfire)
| |-+  IWI Tavor & X-95
| | |-+  STICKY: !!! Official Tavor Picture Thread !!!
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 71 Print
Author Topic: STICKY: !!! Official Tavor Picture Thread !!!  (Read 481848 times)
Odin01
^

« Reply #20 on: March 29, 2013, 10:21:31 AM »

Sweet!!  You have the three musketeers.  Please let us know what you think of all 3?

Latest sibling in the Bullpup family

Paletiger
^

« Reply #21 on: March 29, 2013, 10:24:05 AM »

Congratulations. Jealous man right here. I'm waitin on the FDE...killin me
Nivek

« Reply #22 on: March 29, 2013, 10:40:52 AM »

Ezcompane,

You'll love the SDN-6, it sounds great on both 556 and 762 hosts. I've shot it on multiple platforms including a Scar 16, Galil, AUG, AR15, RFB, Remington 700 ect. comparing it to a 556 suppressor and you can't really tell a difference in sound between the two cans. Plus with an all inconel baffle its built like a tank. You can't go wrong getting one, I highly recommend it.

Odin01,

I used two 3/4" wrenches and it came right off, no straining or cussing involved. It has a lock nut behind the flash hider to index it so you have something to pull against. Much easier than having to lock the barrel in a vice.
Type5

« Reply #23 on: March 29, 2013, 10:54:58 AM »

You guys have me drooling....I can't wait - but will have to!
limamike55

« Reply #24 on: March 29, 2013, 10:59:05 AM »

Very nice indeed.
Odin01
^

« Reply #25 on: March 29, 2013, 11:47:10 AM »

Thanks for the info.  I am very fond of the PWS Triad 5.56.  Have one ready for my Tavor.

So the SDN-6 will index on the ACC 5.56 and 7.62 flash hider??

I waiting on stamp on my Coastal Gen 2 Titanium LRTi.  I got a chance to shot it side by side with the SDN-6 and Varminter 2.0.  And I was impressed by all 3.  

Ezcompane,

You'll love the SDN-6, it sounds great on both 556 and 762 hosts. I've shot it on multiple platforms including a Scar 16, Galil, AUG, AR15, RFB, Remington 700 ect. comparing it to a 556 suppressor and you can't really tell a difference in sound between the two cans. Plus with an all inconel baffle its built like a tank. You can't go wrong getting one, I highly recommend it.

Odin01,

I used two 3/4" wrenches and it came right off, no straining or cussing involved. It has a lock nut behind the flash hider to index it so you have something to pull against. Much easier than having to lock the barrel in a vice.
JCS

« Reply #26 on: March 29, 2013, 01:34:24 PM »

Thanks for the info.  I am very fond of the PWS Triad 5.56.  Have one ready for my Tavor.

So the SDN-6 will index on the ACC 5.56 and 7.62 flash hider??

I waiting on stamp on my Coastal Gen 2 Titanium LRTi.  I got a chance to shot it side by side with the SDN-6 and Varminter 2.0.  And I was impressed by all 3.  

Ezcompane,

Odin01,

This thread is killing me!  I have no idea when I'll get one.  But I'm also going to get a SDN-6 for all my rifles and the AAC 51T flash hiders.

Oh, boy, am I Jonesing for this!
Uncle-Joe

« Reply #27 on: March 29, 2013, 04:05:49 PM »

Just got mine an hour ago.

[/url]
Type5

« Reply #28 on: March 29, 2013, 06:05:02 PM »

Uncle-Joe,
You are looking good! You should be happy to have one of the first Tavors - very nice.
Do you have any observatons/surprises yet?
Uncle-Joe

« Reply #29 on: March 29, 2013, 06:15:48 PM »

The gun and shirt make me look a lot better than I am, trust me.  The gun is great so far, I've had it out of the box a few hours and haven't put it down yet.  Good solid build, and it looks twice as good in person as it does in the pictures.  The only thing so far that I've had a thought about is the charging handle being slightly loose when forward.  It doesn't have any negative effect, but I just think it's a bit odd. I saw a few people posting a while back asking if there was a storage compartment under the grip, and yes there is.  It has two small tabs that get pushed in, and the cap slides out.  Also, being Jewish, I'm loving the "made in Israel" on the barrel.
Variance

« Reply #30 on: March 29, 2013, 07:09:31 PM »

Wasn't able to make it to the range after work, so instead of a first impressions report, here are some pics:

OAL and LOP comparison with my AR (fitted with a Magpul UBR stock), pictures are AR fully-extended, AR collapsed, Tavor:

The rifle, fitted with the three different mags that I had on-hand (Lancer AWM, Gen 2 PMAG 30, and the included IWI mag):

And some close-up shots of the IWI mag, compared to the Lancer and PMAG:

And lastly, a somewhat "artsy" shot of the built-in irons:

WraithsOfWrath

« Reply #31 on: March 29, 2013, 08:05:01 PM »

Great picture quality! And what is that half moon ring on the right side of the rifle?
mission critical
^

« Reply #32 on: March 29, 2013, 08:20:45 PM »

Great picture quality! And what is that half moon ring on the right side of the rifle?

Could be wrong, but I think that's light catching the flat face of a bolt?

The last pic reminds me of a nuclear submarine with periscope in "up" position.

"DIVE! DIVE! DIVE!"  Grin
roaddog359

« Reply #33 on: March 29, 2013, 08:22:53 PM »

Is the front site a night site or not?  I have heard both.
starscream
^

« Reply #34 on: March 29, 2013, 08:34:42 PM »

Great pics! I especially like the last one!
Variance

« Reply #35 on: March 29, 2013, 08:36:05 PM »

Could be wrong, but I think that's light catching the flat face of a bolt?

The last pic reminds me of a nuclear submarine with periscope in "up" position.

"DIVE! DIVE! DIVE!"  Grin

Somewhat correct; it is what the manual calls the "Sling Attachment Lock". It's a pinned detent/washer that holds the front QD swivel in the rifle.

Is the front site a night site or not?  I have heard both.

The front sight is indeed a night sight, but I'm not positive if it is tritium or just phosphorescent paint.
roaddog359

« Reply #36 on: March 29, 2013, 08:54:44 PM »

looks like paint? Need a close up shot of it.
Gear Head
^
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #37 on: March 29, 2013, 09:29:59 PM »

The front sight looked like it was a tritium vial on mine and it glows in the dark.

The second Amendment is the last line of defense for the 1st.

Gear Head Works' products are leading the way in innovative designs. Click the globe icon below my Avatar to visit www.gearheadworks.com
roaddog359

« Reply #38 on: March 29, 2013, 09:34:47 PM »

can anyone post a close up picture of the front site post?
Mj0lnir

« Reply #39 on: March 29, 2013, 09:37:17 PM »

North of the border Tavor, btw super jealous of those QD sling mounts on your American versions its really my only complaint with it

« Last Edit: March 29, 2013, 11:10:09 PM by Sgt_P » Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 71 Print 
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length