Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
December 19, 2014, 03:36:04 AM
Home Home Help Calendar Login Register
News: 2015 SHOT Show                                              20-23 January, 2015                               Las Vegas, NV                              The firearms industry convention and trade-show...                              ...will be covered by BullpupForum.com!                              Check back here for all the Bullpup action from SHOT Show 2015!               

Please support BullpupForum.com sponsors!!
Brownells . . . Midwest Industries . . . BullpupArmory.com . . . BullpupUnlimited.com . . . GallowayPrecision.com . . . . . . . . . FFL123.com . . . carhartt . . . K & M Arms . . . J Bunting Machine
+  BULLPUP FORUM
|-+  Bullpup Shotguns
| |-+  Bullpup Unlimited
| | |-+  Bullpup unlimited builds
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: Bullpup unlimited builds  (Read 11075 times)
rugerlover
New Posting Member

« on: March 26, 2013, 07:11:45 AM »

I have been building some of the bullpup kits since they came out last fall. I like others have had some trouble with the new product but kept at as I knew it was a new design and would have to work thru some growing pains.  I started my first build with a Remington 870 express slug gun.  Had pretty good luck after working through some slight adjustments  and modifications.  I shot it quite a bit but wanted to try the kit with some other guns. I bought a Hawk Interarms 981R ''chinese 870 clone''.  I had heard others had tried it and had some trigger issues, I installed it with no problems and no modifications . I have honestly been very impressed with it compared  to my orginal express. I also installed a ATI extended tube  which fit and functioned nicely. I  set this kit up to shoot slugs and added a scope which worked good as well. I left the extension on for picture purposes only as it is alot longer than my short 18'' factory barrel.I know they have been working  on tweaks of the Bullpup unlimited so I thought I would make good use of this kit for one of my lesser guns.

« Last Edit: March 29, 2013, 09:30:11 PM by Sgt_P » Logged
smb1948

« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2013, 06:01:55 PM »

Just put my kit on with fab folding pistol grip and ptk foregrip and my inova t3r flashlight... I'm in love foregrip is awsome but still need sights of some sort... Thinking eotech zombie lol

« Last Edit: March 29, 2013, 09:33:23 PM by Sgt_P » Logged
smb1948

« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2013, 06:03:55 PM »

« Last Edit: March 29, 2013, 09:36:59 PM by Sgt_P » Logged
Elee3

« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2013, 12:12:47 PM »

MY kit came in the mail today. This will be my fist Bullpup, unfortunately it will not be the first that I have paid for (zk 22). Excited to put this together pics to come soon!
blueskybob

« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2013, 10:40:21 PM »

Just put my kit on with fab folding pistol grip and ptk foregrip and my inova t3r flashlight... I'm in love foregrip is awsome but still need sights of some sort... Thinking eotech zombie lol

That pistol grip looks really intresting! 
How well does it function?
Have you tried firing the bullpup (not that you would want too ) while it was still in the folded position?

On the red-dot.  I have heard real good things about the Burris Fastfire III, and it would provide a lower profile.  My Eotech with the QR mount sat up pretty high.

http://www.laserlyte.com/products/cm-15

ROGUE

« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2013, 10:19:39 AM »

Just got my Wife's shotgun put together...........and I must say, it's a great product. I love this thing!!!!  We plan on shooting it tonight!

"Don't steal...........the Government hates competition"! -Ron Paul, champion of the Constitution.

jtactical.com
blueskybob

« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2013, 11:19:31 AM »

Re: Bullpup unlimited builds
Reply #4 on: March 29, 2013, 11:40:21 PM

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote from: smb1948 on March 28, 2013, 07:01:55 PM

That folding  pistol grip looks really intresting! 
Have you tried firing the bullpup (not that you would want too ) while it was still in the folded position?

On the red-dot.  I have heard real good things about the Burris Fastfire III, and it would provide a lower profile.  My Eotech with the QR mount sat up pretty high.

Beefyglock

« Reply #7 on: April 18, 2013, 05:53:47 PM »

Havent decided on a main optic yet or a flashlight, taking opinions.  Also, going to paint the Foregrip and Pistol grip Foliage Green to match the two MBUS...  This is such a quality product...  It just FEELS like quality.  Will post my range report after I get everything build onto it. Cheesy

* bpunpainted.jpg (145.92 KB, 1632x920 - viewed 591 times.)
smb1948

« Reply #8 on: April 21, 2013, 07:18:27 AM »

Re: Bullpup unlimited builds
Reply #4 on: March 29, 2013, 11:40:21 PM

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote from: smb1948 on March 28, 2013, 07:01:55 PM

That folding  pistol grip looks really intresting! 

No you can't get to the trigger comfortably when its folded... It's nice that it takes off like 3" for storage but gotta see how well it stands up to 12 gauge haven't had time to get to the range still
mission critical

« Reply #9 on: April 22, 2013, 01:46:12 PM »

Just finished putting my Bullpup Unlimited conversion kit together, this past week.

I am very happy with the fit and finish, thus far, and I am looking forward to taking it to the range!

Some questions for those who already have their Bullpup Unlimited kits up-and-running:

1.  Do you disassemble the kit to perform a full clean after each range trip?  If so, have any of you experienced any problems with the four screw threads becoming "stripped," in the upper part of the conversion kit, due to the constant disassembly/reassembly?

2.  The slide is definitely made out of a different material than the rest of the body of the conversion kit.  I installed a Magpul MOE RFG to the (plastic?) rail underneath the slide.  For those of you who have installed a vertical foregrip, have any of you experienced any problems with the plastic rail deforming or degrading where the vertical foregrip attaches to the rail after constant use? I think an aluminum rail might be a better (albeit, more expensive) option.

3.  The manual states that the grip can be replaced with aftermarket AR grips.  Does anyone have a list of aftermarket AR grips that are compatible with the Bullpup Unlimited conversion kit?

Thanks for the feedback.
Sgt_P
Administrator
Bullpup Fanatic

SEMPER FIDELIS

« Reply #10 on: April 22, 2013, 02:19:21 PM »

1.  Do you disassemble the kit to perform a full clean after each range trip? 

No.  After a range trip, I usually just deal with cleaning the barrel.  My expericence with the 870, is that it can go a pretty long while between detailed cleanings.

2.  The slide is definitely made out of a different material than the rest of the body of the conversion kit.  I installed a Magpul MOE RFG to the (plastic?) rail underneath the slide.  For those of you who have installed a vertical foregrip, have any of you experienced any problems with the plastic rail deforming or degrading where the vertical foregrip attaches to the rail after constant use? I think an aluminum rail might be a better (albeit, more expensive) option.

You'd have to be excessively tough to create an issue with the rail/foregrip.  Bullpup Unlimited included the rail to be used.  So it's been tested pretty thoroughly.  But if you're more comfortable with aluminum, then it may be worth the peace of mind...

3.  The manual states that the grip can be replaced with aftermarket AR grips.  Does anyone have a list of aftermarket AR grips that are compatible with the Bullpup Unlimited conversion kit?

The list is probably too long.  The only consideration is the "duck bill" on some grips.  There might be some fitting issues, but nothing a dremmil tool wouldn't fit (on the grip, not the stock.)

These answers are just my opinion, for what it's worth...

"Retreat, hell we just got here!" 
Capt L Williams, USMC, WWI (Belleau Wood)
gunhand

« Reply #11 on: April 23, 2013, 04:53:30 AM »

Here is mine completed!!

* 002 (640x480).jpg (192.87 KB, 640x480 - viewed 474 times.)
mission critical

« Reply #12 on: April 23, 2013, 01:09:09 PM »

1.  Do you disassemble the kit to perform a full clean after each range trip? 

No.  After a range trip, I usually just deal with cleaning the barrel.  My expericence with the 870, is that it can go a pretty long while between detailed cleanings.

You'd have to be excessively tough to create an issue with the rail/foregrip.  Bullpup Unlimited included the rail to be used.  So it's been tested pretty thoroughly.  But if you're more comfortable with aluminum, then it may be worth the peace of mind...

The list is probably too long.  The only consideration is the "duck bill" on some grips.  There might be some fitting issues, but nothing a dremmil tool wouldn't fit (on the grip, not the stock.)

These answers are just my opinion, for what it's worth...

Thanks for the responses, Sgt_P!
smb1948

« Reply #13 on: April 25, 2013, 04:32:37 PM »

Havent decided on a main optic yet or a flashlight, taking opinions.  Also, going to paint the Foregrip and Pistol grip Foliage Green to match the two MBUS...  This is such a quality product...  It just FEELS like quality.  Will post my range report after I get everything build onto it. Cheesy

I used the fab/mako flashlight mount and it ends up in the perfect position
macgyverhk

« Reply #14 on: April 25, 2013, 09:55:24 PM »

This is just beautiful!!! What case did you use?

dntam

« Reply #15 on: April 30, 2013, 11:16:18 PM »

One issue I had was if you over tighten the handguard screws it will push  through the handguard so be careful.

Update. I talked to JJ today on an unrelated issue. He states they have changed to button head screws to avoid the problem of screws pulling through the hand guard with over tightening.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2013, 07:58:25 PM by dntam » Logged
mdrunk
New Posting Member

« Reply #16 on: May 09, 2013, 11:28:18 PM »

this sure is a cool kit.

EDIT: added a mag extension tube and a two point sling.  less the paint job I'm going to give it, I think it's done.

* IMG_2290.JPG (120.6 KB, 666x317 - viewed 667 times.)
« Last Edit: May 14, 2013, 04:16:24 PM by mdrunk » Logged
Sgt_P
Administrator
Bullpup Fanatic

SEMPER FIDELIS

« Reply #17 on: May 10, 2013, 07:52:42 AM »

this sure is a cool kit

Cool!   Cool

Tell us more about the mod's to accept the rib!!

Popcorn

"Retreat, hell we just got here!" 
Capt L Williams, USMC, WWI (Belleau Wood)
mdrunk
New Posting Member

« Reply #18 on: May 10, 2013, 06:19:50 PM »

this sure is a cool kit

Cool!   Cool

Tell us more about the mod's to accept the rib!!

Popcorn

not a whole lot to it. a hand saw and some vice grips. on the inside underneath the top shroud where the center sling mount goes, just saw as close to the edges as you can and pop out the resulting tab with the vice grips. the rest is tight, but it fits.
smb1948

« Reply #19 on: May 16, 2013, 01:51:50 PM »

Breacher choke just came in... Think shes done until i can afford a better sight  Grin

* IMAG1124-1-1.jpg (745.46 KB, 1472x3148 - viewed 1114 times.)
« Last Edit: May 16, 2013, 02:11:58 PM by smb1948 » Logged
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length