Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 21, 2014, 11:06:39 PM
Home Home Help Calendar Login Register
News: 2015 SHOT Show                                              20-23 January, 2015                               Las Vegas, NV                              The firearms industry convention and show...                              ...will be covered by BullpupForum.com!                              Check back here for all the Bullpup action from SHOT Show 2015!               

Please support BullpupForum.com sponsors!!
Brownells . . . Midwest Industries . . . BullpupArmory.com . . . BullpupUnlimited.com . . . GallowayPrecision.com . . . . . . . . . FFL123.com . . . carhartt . . . K & M Arms
+  BULLPUP FORUM
|-+  Bullpup Rifles (Auto & Semi-Auto Centerfire)
| |-+  IWI Tavor
| | |-+  IWI Tavor Soft Case?
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 13 Print
Author Topic: IWI Tavor Soft Case?  (Read 51378 times)
genStrat
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #60 on: April 07, 2013, 07:07:26 PM »

Bulldog has a 28" discreet case in navy blue that should easily fit the 26" Tavors for around
$40.00, but doesn't have a shoulder tote strap. Nice bag for $40.00

Tight fit isn't it? Width is okay for 16.5 inch barrel, but height is getting close to the 8.5 inches of bare Tavor without mag. Guess you would need to try it. Would there be room for anything else?

http://www.bulldogcases.com/case-vaults/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=16_17&products_id=95

It is our duty to serve those who serve us
It is our duty to protect those who protect us
genStrat
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #61 on: April 14, 2013, 09:57:24 AM »

The updated case/bag list has been moved to

http://bullpupforum.com/index.php?topic=2345.msg34693#msg34693
« Last Edit: July 27, 2013, 01:59:06 PM by genStrat » Logged

rich52us

« Reply #62 on: April 14, 2013, 10:42:50 AM »

Thanks for putting in the effort to compile all this.  I wonder what IWI will make available.  I want a case that can fit the rifle with optic (SRS) and the mag inserted.  Right now I have an Eotech on it and it fits in a Wilson tennis racquet bag altjhough a little tight.  The tennis bag isnt padded or very robust though. 
BarryinIN

« Reply #63 on: April 14, 2013, 11:53:19 AM »

Great list.  Thanks!
I see you have "unknown" for the Steyr case dimensions.  I have one and will measure it.  You need inside dimensions, I presume?
EDIT: I get 30"x12" inside dimensions.  I didn't measure thickness because I don't know how to get an accurate number.  Thick enough for an AUG.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2013, 12:14:16 PM by BarryinIN » Logged
Gear Head
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #64 on: April 14, 2013, 08:20:33 PM »

GenStrat,

You need to look at the Eberlestock Cherry Bomb dimensions again. I have looked at buying one of these before but the height is only 24.5". Only the Secret Weapon is 30"

The second Amendment is the last line of defense for the 1st.
genStrat
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #65 on: April 14, 2013, 08:28:39 PM »

You need to look at the Eberlestock Cherry Bomb dimensions again. I have looked at buying one of these before but the height is only 24.5". Only the Secret Weapon is 30"

I took it off the list.
Thanks!

BarryinIN

« Reply #66 on: April 14, 2013, 10:05:13 PM »

I had a minute or two, so tried to get a good thickness (inside) measurement of my Steyr case.  It looks like 1.5" from seam to zipper on each half, so 3" thick would be my call.
HawgSuper

« Reply #67 on: April 17, 2013, 03:04:55 PM »

I have compiled a list of options for the Tavor case. This doesn't include all possible cases. It does include most with dimensions around 30 inches wide by 13 inches high.

• 27 x 8.5 x 4 - 16.5 inch Tavor without optic/scope and magazine
  • 27 x 10 x 4 - 16.5 inch Tavor with magazine and no optic/scope

UPDATE:
  • The case names are links to web pages with more information.
  • More cases will be added as they appear in the topic and as they are discovered.
  • Review dimensions before buying - most dimensions are outside measurements, not inside.
  • Look for padding (closed cell foam) and plastic or hard inserts for protection and prevention of printing.

GenStrat,
Found another one to add to the list, SneakyBag:
http://jerkingthetrigger.com/blog/2013/04/11/sneaky-bags-is-back/
xm777

« Reply #68 on: April 17, 2013, 09:56:02 PM »

Blackhawk Discreet Case. This is what I am using with my IDF.

http://www.blackhawk.com/product/Homeland-Security-Discreet-Weapons-Carry-Case,142,1401.htm

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
ThePunisher

« Reply #69 on: April 17, 2013, 09:58:12 PM »

Another to add to your list is the 5.11 covert m4 bag at 32". My Steyr Aug3 CQC fits real
nicely in it and it looks discrete and like a skate board bag.
dushan

« Reply #70 on: April 18, 2013, 12:44:18 AM »

Here is my Eagle Soft Discreet Case CAR-15 LE Style. Got it for $69 including shipping

http://www.natchezss.com/brand.cfm?contentID=productDetail&brand=EY&prodID=EYDCCAR15LER&prodTitle=Eagle%20Soft%20Discreet%20Case%20CAR-15%20LE%20Style%20Ranger%20Green

Lots of room

mousenyc

ENGLISH

« Reply #71 on: April 18, 2013, 08:28:17 AM »

I picked up an Awesome Double Rifle case at Blue Ridge Shooting Sports in Greer South Carolina. There phone number is 864-801-0074. Address is 1310 W.Wade Hampton Blvd. Greer S.C. 29650. The case is made by DRAGO I got a field green bag. I have both my Tavor IDF and my KEL-TEC KSG plus magazines for my Tavor ammunition for my KSG two knives a magazine loader and .556 ammunition. This bag holds it all very well. Heavy Duty zippers. Nice thick covered foam pad to separate the two firearms. I believe i paid around $79.00 for it.  I will also be picking up a single rifle bag made by DRAGO from them. Please give these guy's a call. They will be glad to help you out. They have a complete firearm store with a good inventory and ammunition. They also have an Awesome Gun Smith on hand that is extremely knowledgeable.   

MOUSENYC SEMPER FI
Gear Head
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #72 on: April 18, 2013, 12:22:42 PM »

I ran across a "hybrid suitcase/duffle bag" yesterday in a store and thought it would make a neat discreet gun case. The bottom is like a rigid suitcase and it was 28 x 13". I forgot to check the depth. I thought about taking my foam from the IWI box and fitting into there. The top is like a duffle bag and could be used for the rest of your range stuff like mags, ammo targets etc. It would make for a heavy bag when loaded of course but it has wheels and a telescoping handle like a suitcase. Would be nice to find one with cinch straps.

Here is an example of what I'm talking about.
http://www.amazon.com/Ful-Hybrid-Rolling-Duffel-28-Inch/dp/B008059B1G

ThePunisher

« Reply #73 on: April 18, 2013, 12:57:13 PM »

I ran across a "hybrid suitcase/duffle bag" yesterday in a store and thought it would make a neat discreet gun case. The bottom is like a rigid suitcase and it was 28 x 13". I forgot to check the depth. I thought about taking my foam from the IWI box and fitting into there. The top is like a duffle bag and could be used for the rest of your range stuff like mags, ammo targets etc. It would make for a heavy bag when loaded of course but it has wheels and a telescoping handle like a suitcase. Would be nice to find one with cinch straps.

Why spend .$79.00 on this duffelbag, when you can get one at WalMart for $29.00. The bag
is 30" long and fits a Steyr Aug 3 . Read the review I made above b/c this is a real nice discreet
Bag with lots of storage and telescopic handle and two wheels for rolling the bag. Brand name
is Protege.
Gear Head
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #74 on: April 18, 2013, 01:08:53 PM »

Why spend .$79.00 on this duffelbag, when you can get one at WalMart for $29.00. The bag
is 30" long and fits a Steyr Aug 3 . Read the review I made above b/c this is a real nice discreet
Bag with lots of storage and telescopic handle and two wheels for rolling the bag. Brand name
is Protege.

I just posted a link to the first bag I saw of that style. I didn't even look at the price. I just wanted a way for people to see the bag I was trying to describe.

I didn't see your WalMart bag on the list is why I brought it up and when I went back to find your review there wasn't a link. You just mentioned it. Since I had seen one already I knew what you were talking about but I probably thought you meant a soft duffel bag when it was originally posted since it was that cheap.

I found this on Walmart's site so I'm assuming this is what you bought. It's the same style bag I was describing.
http://www.walmart.com/ip/Protege-X-Large-30-2-Section-Rolling-Duffel-Bag/13269107

genStrat
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #75 on: April 18, 2013, 01:31:31 PM »

I found this on Walmart's site so I'm assuming this is what you bought. It's the same style bag I was describing.
http://www.walmart.com/ip/Protege-X-Large-30-2-Section-Rolling-Duffel-Bag/13269107

Just put your Tavor in a duffle bag for discreet carry. Wal-Mart has a 30 inch roller duffle bag
that has a bottom zippered compartment that fits a 29 inch Aug CQC perfectly with a telescopic
handle for pull carrying, and a zippered large storage area above the bottom compartment
with a couple of side pockets.The brand name is Protege. I absolutely love this discreet
bag for $29.00.

I don't have a problem adding either to the list, but was trying to stay away from luggage. Maybe I'm wrong, but it would seem to be in a different category from a "soft case".

Gear Head
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #76 on: April 18, 2013, 02:06:48 PM »

Just put your Tavor in a duffle bag for discreet carry. Wal-Mart has a 30 inch roller duffle bag
that has a bottom zippered compartment that fits a 29 inch Aug CQC perfectly with a telescopic
handle for pull carrying, and a zippered large storage area above the bottom compartment
with a couple of side pockets.The brand name is Protege. I absolutely love this discreet
bag for $29.00.

I don't have a problem adding either to the list, but was trying to stay away from luggage. Maybe I'm wrong, but it would seem to be in a different category from a "soft case".

I agree with you genStrat. I was just mentioning it for the discreet carry options outside the list. I just read Punishers review as it was a regular duffel bag. After seeing one I realized that it would be a discreet way to transport. Wouldn't be that great as a dedicated rifle bag though.

There would be almost limitless options for those hybrid rolling duffel out there and it would consume the list.

genStrat
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #77 on: April 18, 2013, 02:19:12 PM »

...I was just mentioning it for the discreet carry options outside the list. I just read Punishers review as it was a regular duffel bag. After seeing one I realized that it would be a discreet way to transport. Wouldn't be that great as a dedicated rifle bag though.

There would be almost limitless options for those hybrid rolling duffel out there and it would consume the list.

I agree.
I like the idea of a wheeled, telescoping handle "bag" that is designed to carry firearms "stuff" while looking like regular luggage. If I could find such a thing, it would already be home and in use. I am also looking for a hard sided, secure travel case with wheels and telescoping handle. Since I travel a bit, this was on the list right after local carry requirements.

Revcomm

« Reply #78 on: April 19, 2013, 09:21:36 AM »

It looks like the Olympia 30" Rolling Duffel which is available at Amazon could be modified to suit any Tavor very nicely.  Looks a little cheap but at $39 it may be worth trying.
RonS-Glock

« Reply #79 on: April 19, 2013, 11:44:15 PM »

Here is my Eagle Soft Discreet Case CAR-15 LE Style. Got it for $69 including shipping

http://www.natchezss.com/brand.cfm?contentID=productDetail&brand=EY&prodID=EYDCCAR15LER&prodTitle=Eagle%20Soft%20Discreet%20Case%20CAR-15%20LE%20Style%20Ranger%20Green

Lots of room

How do the light work mounted on the top rail?

No straps in case do the rifle slide around?
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 13 Print 
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length