Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
November 01, 2014, 05:29:43 AM
Home Home Help Calendar Login Register
News: 2015 SHOT Show                                              20-23 January, 2015                               Las Vegas, NV                              The firearms industry convention and show...                              ...will be covered by BullpupForum.com!                              Check back here for all the Bullpup action from SHOT Show 2015!               

Please support BullpupForum.com sponsors!!
Brownells . . . Midwest Industries . . . BullpupArmory.com . . . BullpupUnlimited.com . . . GallowayPrecision.com . . . . . . . . . FFL123.com . . . carhartt . . . K & M Arms
+  BULLPUP FORUM
|-+  Bullpup Rifles (Auto & Semi-Auto Centerfire)
| |-+  IWI Tavor
| | |-+  X95 being sold to the public?
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: X95 being sold to the public?  (Read 3874 times)
AZG

« on: February 25, 2013, 12:10:10 PM »

Just noticed the Tavor X95. Are these available to the public as Factory SBR? Anyone have any info? Id like to get one in 5.45 and 9mm conversion kit.
adam072987

« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2013, 12:14:12 PM »

Nope. Hell the TAR 21's arent even out yet. But hopefully the X95 will be released in the future as a upgrade.
TV-PressPass

Tavor TAR-21 Shooter

« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2013, 12:57:34 PM »

No. There are currently no US or Israeli made X95 platforms available to civilian purchasers.
Paletiger

« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2013, 01:53:45 PM »

Not even in Canada lol
starscream

« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2013, 02:06:41 PM »

The barrel is too short on the X-95 to be released in the States
AZG

« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2013, 08:51:42 PM »

really?......Cry  how sad. I was hoping I could just fill out a form 1/3/4 and wait my turn.    Edit: I just figured if they were being assembled in the US that maybe it might work. Guess not. KVar has factory SBR's. And im sure there are a few factory AR SBRs. I don't see why IWI couldn't do one. I saw a mini uzi SBR by them at shot so, hopefully it will be offered in the future. I wasn't expecting anything right away or anytime soon, just was wondering if anyone had heard any news about it.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2013, 08:57:06 PM by AZG » Logged
North Polar

« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2013, 08:58:57 PM »

Mr. K said they would consider it in a year or so after the Tavor and new Uzi are fully launched.  That said, I am paraphrasing, so grain of salt and all that.
adam072987

« Reply #7 on: February 25, 2013, 09:32:12 PM »

really?......Cry  how sad. I was hoping I could just fill out a form 1/3/4 and wait my turn.    Edit: I just figured if they were being assembled in the US that maybe it might work. Guess not. KVar has factory SBR's. And im sure there are a few factory AR SBRs. I don't see why IWI couldn't do one. I saw a mini uzi SBR by them at shot so, hopefully it will be offered in the future. I wasn't expecting anything right away or anytime soon, just was wondering if anyone had heard any news about it.

You could actually SBR a tavor you get now in the hopes of getting a X95 upgrade kit later.

That way as soon as it comes out all you do is put it together. Thatd be the route Id go.
North Polar

« Reply #8 on: February 25, 2013, 09:50:45 PM »

You could actually SBR a tavor you get now in the hopes of getting a X95 upgrade kit later.

That way as soon as it comes out all you do is put it together. Thatd be the route Id go.

With the TAR21 frame, you can only really shave off an inch and a half of barrel before it is back inside the body of the rifle.  The X95 and MTAR have shorter handguards, so they can mount the shorter barrel.

Case and point, take a look at Press Pass' 15" CTAR barrel.  There is (guessing) less than an inch between the body and the rear of the muzzle break.
adam072987

« Reply #9 on: February 25, 2013, 09:55:30 PM »

With the TAR21 frame, you can only really shave off an inch and a half of barrel before it is back inside the body of the rifle.  The X95 and MTAR have shorter handguards, so they can mount the shorter barrel.

Case and point, take a look at Press Pass' 15" CTAR barrel.  There is (guessing) less than an inch between the body and the rear of the muzzle break.

Yea I saw that. Meant just to get a jump on getting the tax stamp since the "insert" is the firearm.

I actually went with the 18in just because the Tavor is so compact.
NoShelter

« Reply #10 on: February 25, 2013, 10:16:03 PM »

I'll gladly take an x95 with a non-NFA barrel. I like the AR style mag release.
Dane Gerus

« Reply #11 on: April 09, 2013, 10:01:43 AM »

Same here.
I just don't see how you could convert a TAR 21 to an X 95 because of the differences in mag release, but then again, my knowledge of the inner workings of these guns is still quite lacking.
pretorian
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #12 on: April 09, 2013, 10:28:06 AM »

X95 are available with barrel lenghts from 10 to 18 inches.

"Experience is a hard teacher because she gives the test first, the lesson afterward."
pretorian
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #13 on: April 09, 2013, 10:36:34 AM »

Same here.
I just don't see how you could convert a TAR 21 to an X 95 because of the differences in mag release, but then again, my knowledge of the inner workings of these guns is still quite lacking.
The insert is the weapon itself. You could keep your insert,bolt carrier group,hammer pack,gas clinder and other small parts. You would need a new polymer frame,handguards,buttpad, charging handle assembly and a new barrel.
The X95 is A MUCH BETTER SYSTEM, The IDF is switching from tavor to X95.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2013, 10:38:15 AM by pretorian » Logged

"Experience is a hard teacher because she gives the test first, the lesson afterward."
Dave_I

« Reply #14 on: April 09, 2013, 11:02:23 AM »

The insert is the weapon itself. You could keep your insert,bolt carrier group,hammer pack,gas clinder and other small parts. You would need a new polymer frame,handguards,buttpad, charging handle assembly and a new barrel.
The X95 is A MUCH BETTER SYSTEM, The IDF is switching from tavor to X95.

How easy would that sort of swap be?  Would it just be a matter of getting the polymer frame/handguard/buttpad/charging-handle/barrel in some sort of conversion kit, then reassembling the insert, or would there be anything a gunsmith would have to be involved with?  If it's just a reassembly away from being an X95, I think a conversion kit would sell pretty well.  The barrel sounds like the most expensive part of that conversion.  If it was pretty involved, I think you would see a market in the U.S. for the X95 as a production weapon.  And yes, that means I want one. Wink

-Cheers
pretorian
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #15 on: April 09, 2013, 12:06:08 PM »

It could be done in about 20-25 minutes(you have chalanged me to time myself Wink).
You would need a barrel wrench.
I also check headspace after every barrel change even in an AUG.

Gear Head
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #16 on: April 09, 2013, 01:16:44 PM »

What makes the barrel different? Is it just a gas port/block issue or something else? It seems that if you use the same receiver that the barrel fitting into it would be the same. Now if the shorter barrel required a shorter gas system then I can see the need for change but if we are talking non-NFA lengths why would that have to change?

The second Amendment is the last line of defense for the 1st.
starscream

« Reply #17 on: April 09, 2013, 01:45:51 PM »

Oh wow, I didn't know they came that long! Thanks for the heads up.
dushan

« Reply #18 on: April 09, 2013, 01:49:37 PM »

Oh wow, I didn't know they came that long! Thanks for the heads up.

The X95-L with the 16.5" barrel would be perfect

http://www.israel-weapon.com/default.asp?catid={6D9367DF-6A8D-4020-8E19-A7322FFCA668}
pretorian
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #19 on: April 09, 2013, 02:27:23 PM »

What makes the barrel different? Is it just a gas port/block issue or something else? It seems that if you use the same receiver that the barrel fitting into it would be the same. Now if the shorter barrel required a shorter gas system then I can see the need for change but if we are talking non-NFA lengths why would that have to change?

Because of the different  charging handle and location of it. If you look at your tavor barrel, you'll see that there is a part on it, against wich the charging handle is pushing at the initial unlockig. The X95 has a different part at a different location, closer to the chamber.

Pages: [1] 2 Print 
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length