Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 21, 2017, 11:38:58 AM
Home Home Help Calendar Login Register
News:

Please support BullpupForum.com sponsors!!
. . . Midwest Industries . . . BullpupArmory.com . . . Shooting Sight . . . BullpupUnlimited.com . . . Homeland Guns . . . . . . . . . . . . AB Arms . . . GallowayPrecision.com . . . K & M Arms . . . . . . Geissele Automatics
+  BULLPUP FORUM
|-+  General Category
| |-+  Site Help, Comments, and FAQ's
| | |-+  WTS/WTT
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: WTS/WTT  (Read 35029 times)
H2O MAN
Banned

« on: August 18, 2011, 09:44:35 AM »

Are there any plans to open a PX on the Bullpup Forum?

Visit the M14HDW.US Company Store
Sgt_P
Administrator
Bullpup Fanatic

SEMPER FIDELIS

« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2011, 10:00:03 AM »

I've been researching that (mainly trying to study rules needed for such a board)...

I see where some sites are dominated by those boards, and where others try to limit it to members with a minimum number of post counts (sometimes as many as 25 before you can even see the board)...

With the laws and politics of weapon sales being so diverse, and with auction sites (like GunBroker), I've been shy of starting that section.  Although I do see the relevance, especially to the casual visitor that is wanting to compare different Bullpups (as this is the only true one-stop Bullpup site.)  I do consider this site still in its infancy, and I think the information, input, and participation of members needs to increase to a certain level of activity before I'll initiate a "PX" (which would be a great name - wonder if it's trademarked...??...  Undecided )

"Retreat, hell we just got here!" 
Capt L Williams, USMC, WWI (Belleau Wood)
drhall762

It was one Hell of a ride!

« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2012, 04:15:51 PM »

I am new so I will throw in my 2 cents just for grins and giggles.

1) I like the idea of a minimum number of posts. 25 or 30 is great. Limits the field to people that at least read and communicate on the board not just someone who wants to make a buck.

2) It should be otherwise left to WTS, WTB, WTT with no other discussion. The sales get side tracked with "oh my cousins great grandson had a ..."

3) Last point. No comments about someone elses price and no mentioning or posting links to other active auctions.

Flag Raising  Dave
In 100 years who of us will care?
An armed society is a polite society.
Just because they say you are paranoid does not mean they are not out to get you!
Mr Absolute

« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2012, 11:58:24 AM »

I would love to see a "PX" section, but a minimum number of posts to be allowed to access it is a troubling idea.

I love that this forum isn't flooded with irrelevant nonsense posts and I feel a policy such is this would encourage people to just post replies without any value or real content.
Also, lets not punish people who have kept quiet on this forum due to a lack of anything insightful to add at the moment.

I would suggest the rfc model and have a minimum number of days as a registered user required to post/reply in the "PX", if you must do something.

I don't think I would want to discourage anyone from listing a bullpup (or bullpup kit) on this sight for not being an established member. It would seem to me we might be cheating ourselves out of something.
Room055
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2012, 12:24:12 PM »

I have to say that I like the PX idea but hate the minimum posts to participate.  Some guys find sites like this because they are searching for a gun to buy and didn't know about the forum until the Google results show them a WTS: XXXX return.  Then they sign up and can't comm with the seller.  Keep it open IMHO.  Even if the person makes one post and splits after buying, you still helped a member sell his firearm.  And, after they take delivery, they will most likely stick around because this is such a niche site.
PapaJoeTx

« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2012, 12:58:31 PM »

i like it
Snapperhead363
Global Moderator
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2012, 05:03:22 PM »

I know Sgt_P probably has his hands full But, I'd like to see some Bullpup Forum swag. T-shirts,hats etc.

NRA Life Member   Bullpup Fanatic Glock Armorer  Owner of Homeland Guns.1-740-820-GUNS
Sgt_P
Administrator
Bullpup Fanatic

SEMPER FIDELIS

« Reply #7 on: March 16, 2012, 01:19:26 PM »

That's a good idea.

Would you want to see a logo with a generic Bullpup silhouette?

Or the BullpupForum logo with a specific rifle/gun?  Although this option might get expensive to produce (due to minimum production quanities...)

Snapperhead363
Global Moderator
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #8 on: March 16, 2012, 04:27:13 PM »

I think BULLPUPFORUM.COM in black letters on an OD shirt with your choice of one of the most popular bullpups in black under the logo would look great. I work with a girl that has a print shop that does shirts for sports teams in our area if you need help on the project. 

NRA Life Member   Bullpup Fanatic Glock Armorer  Owner of Homeland Guns.1-740-820-GUNS
rolin808

« Reply #9 on: March 17, 2012, 06:40:15 AM »

Velcro patches so I can put them on my cheat rig while I play MWF3 on my Xbox
johnny9
Bullpup Fanatic

jack of all trades,master of none!

« Reply #10 on: March 17, 2012, 08:47:59 AM »

I think BULLPUPFORUM.COM in black letters on an OD shirt with your choice of one of the most popular bullpups in black under the logo would look great. I work with a girl that has a print shop that does shirts for sports teams in our area if you need help on the project. 

i think that would be sweet..i like my print on the front,but im sure most would rather have it on the back..

get r done
Snapperhead363
Global Moderator
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #11 on: March 17, 2012, 09:40:08 AM »

I like it on the front too.

Sgt_P
Administrator
Bullpup Fanatic

SEMPER FIDELIS

« Reply #12 on: March 17, 2012, 05:54:02 PM »

Velcro patches so I can put them on my cheat rig while I play MWF3 on my Xbox

LOL!!!

crutches

DeltaSierra

« Reply #13 on: April 02, 2012, 09:49:13 AM »

I've been researching that (mainly trying to study rules needed for such a board)...

I see where some sites are dominated by those boards, and where others try to limit it to members with a minimum number of post counts (sometimes as many as 25 before you can even see the board)...

The best run site that I frequent has a very workable system, with post count minimums, and a very tight set of rules, so as to prevent any issues.  If you want to discuss this more, I'd be glad to suggest a few ideas that might make a trade/buy/sell section a little better....

superbee

« Reply #14 on: April 28, 2012, 05:26:13 AM »

PX would be helpful...I always wondered why there was none here....Sgt you set the rules whatever you feel is right...Theres plenty of boards out there just follow there system.

Also shirts, hats etc would be great!
makenzie71
New Posting Member

« Reply #15 on: December 27, 2012, 07:17:14 PM »

Was a decision ever made regarding this?

I'm on a number fo other gun forums and most do not allow the sale of guns, but do allow the sale of unregulated parts.  I could see this being the case here.

For example, I wouldn't mind getting my hands on a couple of tactical retrofit kits for some of my .22's.  I have the guns...I just want the flashy tacticool stuff, which can be sold to anyone by anyone.
Jwill

« Reply #16 on: August 12, 2016, 01:20:29 AM »

I would love to see a sale thread stickied in each forum so that if someone is selling say a trigger pack for a tavor I can easily find it.

This also keeps the forums from getting cluttered with wts/WTT threads which is already happening.
sjglaw
^

« Reply #17 on: March 14, 2017, 11:01:54 AM »

We need a WTS/WTB section somewhere.
Steve
Pages: [1] Print 
Jump to:  

Brownells
120x90 Banner

Login with username, password and session length